Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Just need to get this out of the way, because i just listened to bryan alvarez on the wrestling observer, totally destroying WWE Fastlane.

One thing that he said was very fascinating and something that alot of people don't seem to look at. The WWE made a revenue of 850 Million US Dollars. Let that one sink in. In an era where ratings are at a low like they where in the mid 90s and where house shows are not well visited, the WWE is still making record breaking revenue from all of this.

This shows the funny yet sad reality of it all. The WWE can probably even go lower in quality and they would still be good, because of all the money they make on Merchandise, the WWE Network, WWE Films, etc. They can produce in ring content that is terrible and they can allow themselves to get away with it, because the merchandise will still be bought.

Unfortunately, I contributed. Neville/Gallager was not worth the $170. We have to face the realty. Us 'smarks' are not the target demographic. We aren't even the viewing majority. We are just a vocal minority. A niche market.

WWE isn't a wrestling show. It's a special attraction. A family event. Like a monster truck rally or Disney on ice. Think about this. Ring Of Honor rarely fills the house outside of the tri-state area. NXT house shows are not selling well. The biggest shows purely for wrestling fans, never draw past 4 digits. If ROH, NJPW & TNA did a co-promoted show, it wouldn't sell out your run of the mill arena. 

Between movies, games, toys & merch, WWE at this point is now a brand name, like Hasbro or Mattel. They can cut live events entirely and still keep afloat. 

So with doing it's best business ever, even better than the attitude era, WWE is making money hand over fist. Putting out lack luster shows just means they're saving some cash. Look at it like the food service industry. If ROH, Lucha Underground & NJPW are family owned 5 star restaurants, then WWE is McDonald's. The former may have higher quality standards and dedicated patrons, but the latter reaches a far broader audience that isn't too fussy about what it's being fed. 

Lets' face it. We can complain and criticize all we want. But WWE doesn't need any of us in the least. 

I know this group wasn't popular with a lot but I loved the Aces & Eights and they were one of my favourite heel groups ever.

Not up there with the nWo or that but still cool.

I liked them initially too. At the beginning they were cool and had lots of potential. But then they were booked rather sloppily, drawing them out for way too long and being rather predictable. Always count on TNA to fumble with a good idea. 

• Brohoof 1

I know this group wasn't popular with a lot but I loved the Aces & Eights and they were one of my favourite heel groups ever.

Not up there with the nWo or that but still cool.

They suffered from nWo disease

Stuck around too long, had too many members, too many unsatisfying twists

• Brohoof 1

They suffered from nWo disease

Stuck around too long, had too many members, too many unsatisfying twists

Pretty much. If they were a smaller faction, it could've worked. Btu they had a bunch of people, and not even good people. Gallows & Mike Knox? Good start. Wes Briscoe & Garrett Bischoff? Not so much. Dudleys? Makes sense. Ken Anderson? Not really. D-Lo Brown? That part was just confusing. Taz? How can anyone take Taz seriously anymore? Ivellisse & Brooke Tessmacher? Not all groups need valets, especially a macho biker cult in the vein of the Mongols or the Hell's Angels.  Tito Ortiz? Yes he has credibility, but what did he ever actually do? 

We could've had a serious faction that had it's own structure, internal politics and even culture. Audiences would've tuned in to see what happened within aces & 8s, a rather clever name. But instead we had non-nonsensical members, convoluted motivations, culminating with a 'higher power' style reveal and a non-nonchalant dispatch of the group entirely. 

Which in a broader sense brings up a question with a similar group. Why did factions like Aces & 8s, Planet Jarrett, World Elite, Main Event Mafia, S.C.U.M., Age Of The Fall, and other super factions ultimately flop, but yet, a group like The Bullet Club, has prospered for nearly 4 years now and who's reputation has spread to all corners of the wrestling world. 

What are Bullet club doing right that are making them arguably the most successful faction since the n.W.o? 

• Brohoof 2

@

I like to think it's because,

TBC has/had charismatic wrestlers people like/liked in their ranks (AJ Styles, Kenny Omega, Finn Balor etc.),

which made the wrestling stable* cool to a lot of fans.

*I'm surprised you didn't call this thread "The Wrestling Stable" it would've been a clever play on words, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah he did, didn't he?

Cody Rhodes seems to be doing quite well for himself since he left WWE.

Tearing up promotions across the world, WCPW Internet Champion, newest member of Bullet Club, all while looking much happier

Not to mention his teaser promo for joining BC was awesome

• Brohoof 2

Tearing up promotions across the world, WCPW Internet Champion, newest member of Bullet Club, all while looking much happier

Not to mention his teaser promo for joining BC was awesome

@@Unicorncob,

Yeah he did, didn't he?

Cody Rhodes seems to be doing quite well for himself since he left WWE.

Very. Right off the bat since joining ROH, he's entered into a feud with Jay Lethal. Heck, even had a generational mini-feud against Steve Corino. Made his debut at WrestleKingdom 11 against a very game Juice Robinson, and has blended in seamlessly with the Elite/ The Super Clique. 

Plus his entrance music kicks ass. 

• Brohoof 2

The best part is Downstait wrote this theme specially for him

Oh I nearly forgot, I went to a con yesterday, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan was there!

I didn't get a photo with him (I ran out of money before he started doing a photo shoot and I didn't wanna be rude asking for a selfie) but I did get his autograph :wub:

I got to talk to him for a bit too, he was super cool and he still loves/keeps up to date with wrestling since he recognised my Bray Wyatt cosplay :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Headcanon: At SummerSlam 2015, Undertaker actually fake-tapped in order to deliberately distract the timekeeper and the referee -- because hey, if you're willing to Low Blow someone multiple weeks in a row (including here), then all bets are off.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

I've got a question.

Anypony here remember the RKO out of nowhere vines?

I remember when it won a slammy for best trending hashtag once

That and most of the vines are actually really funny

• Brohoof 1

I've got to apologize to the man called Sting.

I'm sorry for all of the negavity and everything else.

And I went on YouTube and looked up some videos and those reminded me of why I liked you for all of these years.

Once again, I'm sorry and hope your life is well, Stinger.

• Brohoof 3

I've got to apologize to the man called Sting.

I'm sorry for all of the negavity and everything else.

And I went on YouTube and looked up some videos and those reminded me of why I liked you for all of these years.

Once again, I'm sorry and hope your life is well, Stinger.

I wonder if he bought a solid-gold bat with some of that truckload he was (rightfully) paid by WWE. :lol:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

just heard WWE has released Jack Swagger,I never liked him imo.

He's going to TNA, or so I heard

Considering Drew Galloway and The Hardys, I'm not dreading his decision

He had potential, especially w/ the real american thing. But then he screwed himself over after failing that drug test. 

No wait, scratch that. He was busted for weed. 

Edited by Denim and Venom
  • Brohoof 2

Just makes you wanna slap an apple pie in your face and wrestle a bald eagle

This is the theme song makes me think of that actually, minus the eagle wrestling. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1