Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Personally, I would've booked Owens to intentionally DQ himself.

That way, he could've kept the title, and Goldberg wouldn't have lost his steam.

It looked like he was going that route, to be fair

Plus, Jericho giving a little tint of his 2012 silent heel was fun to see

...god that run was good

• Brohoof 2

I have 2 theories what could happen.

Before i go further, i say that in both scenarios Brock wins the title at Wrestlemania, so we got that out of the way.

1. Brock will comeback a month or so before Summerslam like the part timer that he is. Heyman says that there is no point being here, since his client defeated Goldberg and there is no one that can hold a candle to his client. Suddenly, we hear the Music of Finn Balor who is challenging Brock for the title at Summerslam in a no DQ Match. Heyman laughs, because he thinks this "Vanilla midget" has a death wish, but he accepts. Summerslam is here and Brock and the Demon King are in the ring. Match starts and Brock immediatly goes for some Suplexes. Suddenly, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson come to the ring, attacking Lesnar. Lesnar tries to keep them away, but they also get help from AJ Styles, who hits Lesnar with a chair. All the other members attack Lesnar viciously with object until he is totally broken. Balor Pins Lesnar for the 1 2 3 and becomes Champion, while at the same time announcing the birth of the Balor Club.

2. Brock loses the title to Shinsuke Nakamura at Summerslam, clean. I think Shinsuke will come to the main roster the day after Wrestlemania and considering that he was always considered one of the toughest Wrestlers in the world, i think it's very reasonable. It will also be time that we have an asian WWE Champion.

• Brohoof 4

Considering all the Bullet Club teases, it'd be nice to see a little Prince Devitt in the WWE

...and I miss my homeboy :(

And if Nakamura does get moved to the main roster, I'd say he goes on Raw. Not only because it's lacking in big babyfaces, especially since Seth Rollins is still technically out on injury, but because they'll likely want to revive his NXT feud with Samoa Joe

• Brohoof 2

GOLDBERG IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you later, Kevin Owens.

If by 'See you later, Kevin Owens' you mean Goldberg disappears for another 13 years while KO is still here, not short changing paying customers with 2.5 minute matches (at best). 

Take notes, Sting.

That's how your WWE career should've been not being a jobber to Triple H and Seth Rollins.

Goldberg's WWE run > Sting's WWE run.

FACT!

At least Sting can wrestle a match longer than 5 minutes. 

Plus the fact the only reason Sting only had two matches in which he lost were;   A. Vince can't let old grudges die, and the Authority was a thing   B. Sting received a very real neck injury in his match with Rollins, so retiring was the best move for him. No one expected it to happen, so he was likely going to have a longer and better tenure.

Pretty much this? And you can redact that Seth Rollins part. He was booked to win. But again, he got legit hurt. C'mon. You can't tell me you'd want Sting to win the gold and keep wrestling, while seriously injured, right?

Besides, what jobber taps out the reigning WWE/U.S. champ?

I'm not saying to like Sting's run. I'm saying be rational in your dislike of it. 

*takes deep breaths*  >_>

Now then, onto the real issue at hoof. 

ST-8956-16530-WWE-FastLane.jpgThis frickin PPV.  :scots:

What a waste of $170. I could've used that to book safe passage and secure front row seats to next months ROH show. 

Here's the play by play from what I care to remember:

• Decent view of everything from my seat.
  • Got stuck next to a screaming Roman Reigns fan girl. 
  • Glad the crusierwieghts got time to shine. 
  • Disappointed at Joe/Sami. 2 ROH alumni who have had amazing matches in WWE, and it was a by the numbers borderline squash. 
  • Jax would've benefited from looking like a total monster. Instead she looked like a fool. I really hope they don't go the route of a women's 4 way. 
  • Can't believe Enzo & Cass are still popular. They've fizzled out for me. Passable match. But at least GallAnderson retained, even though they're pale imitations of their Bullet Club selves. Heck of an interception kick from Karl though. 
  • Pointless New Day segment was pointless.
  • Crusierweight match was MOTN. Even I could hear those headbutts from all the way up top. Red arrow is a thing of beauty. TV doesn't do the height Neville gets on that any justice
  • Also never thought I'd get to see a phoenix splash that night, let alone two.
  • Roman/Strowman. Had high hopes. Heard good things from the house shows. But the moment Roman hit the spear AFTER being put through a table, I was done. 
  • Impromptu matches. Cesaro/Mahal was a decent showing. Might make something out of Mahal.  Nice to see the Very European uppercut reach finisher status. 
  • I would like WWE to salvage Rusev at some point. But at least he had some credibility in defeat, eating 4 finishers from Show. Show/Shaq looks to be be off (hopefully), but it looks like WWE may have plans for Show during what's looking like his final year. 
  • I was really hoping for some NXT levels of action from the women's title match. But again, a paint by the numbers match. Charlotte's loss helped no one, not even Bailey thanks to the interference. I mean it could've worked out had Banks backstabbed Bailey after. But nope. Celebrated with her like a hero. Even though she made Charlotte look like the victim.
  • The Main event. Or lack thereof. We all knew Y2J was returning that night (his tron briefly flashed before the match). But when the bell rang after the music hit, I knew I wasn't going to get my wish for a competitive match.  10 seconds. 2 moves. Once he hit the spear I was practically getting my stuff on to leave. What a ripoff.  :eww:

I came to this event hoping for it to restore my excitement for WWE programming. Instead the opposite happened. I was bored. Getting drowsy at points. I was surrounded by children and giddy adults. I was more annoyed than excited. I felt out of place. 

I think I've now reached the point where Monday night raw just cannot live up anymore. When you've seen work like Okada/Omega, Nakamura/Zayn, Punk/Joe, Young Bucks/ ReDRagon, and Cena/ Styles, when you've seen pro wrestling perfection, how can you go back and settle for the norm?

Reminds me of a joke from Sword Art Online abridged, about when Asuna combines a rare food item with her S rank cooking skill to make the most amazing meal ever for her & Kirito. Once they ate that, all other food tasted like garbage by comparison. 

So unless NXT comes over, or WWE has a year zero zeitgeist moment to turn them around, this will probably be my last WWE event.  

this will probably be my last WWE event. 

• Brohoof 4

sig-4826548.ST-8956-16530-WWE-FastLane.jThis frickin PPV.  :scots:

What a waste of $170. I could've used that to book safe passage and secure front row seats to next months ROH show. 

• Disappointed at Joe/Sami. 2 ROH alumni who have had amazing matches in WWE, and it was a by the numbers borderline squash. 
  • Jax would've benefited from looking like a total monster. Instead she looked like a fool. I really hope they don't go the route of a women's 4 way. 
  • Can't believe Enzo & Cass are still popular. They've fizzled out for me. Passable match. But at least GallAnderson retained, even though they're pale imitations of their Bullet Club selves. Heck of an interception kick from Karl though. 
  • Crusierweight match was MOTN. Even I could hear those headbutts from all the way up top. Red arrow is a thing of beauty. TV doesn't do the height Neville gets on that any justice
  • Roman/Strowman. Had high hopes. Heard good things from the house shows. But the moment Roman hit the spear AFTER being put through a table, I was done. 
  • Impromptu matches. Cesaro/Mahal was a decent showing. Might make something out of Mahal.  Nice to see the Very European uppercut reach finisher status. 
  • I would like WWE to salvage Rusev at some point. But at least he had some credibility in defeat, eating 4 finishers from Show. Show/Shaq looks to be be off (hopefully), but it looks like WWE may have plans for Show during what's looking like his final year. 
  • I was really hoping for some NXT levels of action from the women's title match. But again, a paint by the numbers match. Charlotte's loss helped no one, not even Bailey thanks to the interference. I mean it could've worked out had Banks backstabbed Bailey after. But nope. Celebrated with her like a hero. Even though she made Charlotte look like the victim.
  • The Main event. Or lack thereof. We all knew Y2J was returning that night (his tron briefly flashed before the match). But when the bell rang after the music hit, I knew I wasn't going to get my wish for a competitive match.  10 seconds. 2 moves. Once he hit the spear I was practically getting my stuff on to leave. What a ripoff.  :eww:

I came to this event hoping for it to restore my excitement for WWE programming. Instead the opposite happened. I was bored. Getting drowsy at points. I was surrounded by children and giddy adults. I was more annoyed than excited. I felt out of place. 

I think I've now reached the point where Monday night raw just cannot live up anymore. When you've seen work like Okada/Omega, Nakamura/Zayn, Punk/Joe, Young Bucks/ ReDRagon, and Cena/ Styles, when you've seen pro wrestling perfection, how can you go back and settle for the norm?

Reminds me of a joke from Sword Art Online abridged, about when Asuna combines a rare food item with her S rank cooking skill to make the most amazing meal ever for her & Kirito. Once they ate that, all other food tasted like garbage by comparison. 

So unless NXT comes over, or WWE has a year zero zeitgeist moment to turn them around, this will probably be my last WWE event.  

Here is the thing about the general audience in the WWE these days and that's something Jim Cornette also mentioned like a year ago. Alot of these shows are not visited my actual Wrestling Fans. They are mostly visited by Familys with their kids, who don't really care for the storylines and rather come for the experience of it. It's like they go to a Disney on Ice show.

This show was everything that is wrong with the Raw brand. Finishes that didn't made sense, burials galore and Romanwinslol. I am actually skipping raw tonight and even thinking about not watching Raw anymore and instead focusing on Smackdown and NXT. Atleast there i can find some quality entertainment.

Also, a little side note towards Jinder Mahal. You can't tell me, that this guy is not on the roids. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Also, a little side note towards Jinder Mahal. You can't tell me, that this guy is not on the roids.

King Ross mentioned that on his WTF moments recap. 

https://youtu.be/FoOI3fVc9kM?t=8m55s

Also, remember those wonky boots Roman was wearing?

https://youtu.be/FoOI3fVc9kM?t=13m36s

Heck, just watch the whole thing. And check out the comments section while you're at it. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I swear, Roman was wearing Jays

Also @@Denim&Venom I couldn't see you in the crowd :(

Not suprised. It would've had to have been a panning shot or zoom out from the ring. I was two rows from the top of the bottom half of the arena, but right across from the hard cams. 

Also, unrelated, though it would've made my night if it was

http://twixie-answers-mod.tumblr.com/post/158040908135/chemicalbydefault-drgameandwatch

So here's a question. How would a non-wrestling fan explain this? 

tumblr_inline_olu5lveRxz1rx63wl_540.gif

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3

Not suprised. It would've had to have been a panning shot or zoom out from the ring. I was two rows from the top of the bottom half of the arena, but right across from the hard cams.

Shame, I was told you're in Shield cosplay :(

Also, unrelated, though it would've made my night if it was

http://twixie-answers-mod.tumblr.com/post/158040908135/chemicalbydefault-drgameandwatch

So here's a question. How would a non-wrestling fan explain this? 

sig-4826663.tumblr_inline_olu5lveRxz1rx6

An avant-garde student film about hormones?

• Brohoof 1

Did anybody see the Goldberg and Lesnar segment last night, after Goldberg got an F5 by Brock?

Holy shit, the way he is sweating after just one F5 just tells me that his Cardio is piss poor. If they actually plan to do a 20 minute main event, there will be either alot of breathing times for Goldberg, or (worst case scenario) Goldberg will get a heartattack in the ring.

This just made me even more worried about Main Event being the shits. Goldberg is not the Super Hero that he used to be.

• Brohoof 3

All i am saying is that you should stop it. not that you change your mind. You start to sound like a broken record.

I also don't constantly go around, how much i hate John Cena for the past 12 years.

If by 'See you later, Kevin Owens' you mean Goldberg disappears for another 13 years while KO is still here, not short changing paying customers with 2.5 minute matches (at best). 

At least Sting can wrestle a match longer than 5 minutes. 

Pretty much this? And you can redact that Seth Rollins part. He was booked to win. But again, he got legit hurt. C'mon. You can't tell me you'd want Sting to win the gold and keep wrestling, while seriously injured, right?

Besides, what jobber taps out the reigning WWE/U.S. champ?

I'm not saying to like Sting's run. I'm saying be rational in your dislike of it. 

*takes deep breaths*  >_>

Now then, onto the real issue at hoof. 

sig-4826548.ST-8956-16530-WWE-FastLane.jThis frickin PPV.  :scots:

I'm in shock that a lot of people don't think he was buried, I mean you gotta admit he was.

It was a middle finger to WCW fans like me.

They showed him so much disrespect and for what? Because he was WCW.

And that crap JBL said about facing no one of any significance in WCW, that was so low.

The guys he faced there were bigger stars than you ever could be, JBL.

And that's it, the end of it.

I'm in shock that a lot of people don't think he was buried, I mean you gotta admit he was.

It was a middle finger to WCW fans like me.

They showed him so much disrespect and for what? Because he was WCW.

And that crap JBL said about facing no one of any significance in WCW, that was so low.

The guys he faced there were bigger stars than you ever could be, JBL.

And that's it, the end of it.

Did i tell you before that you sound like a broken record?

We don't care anymore, seriously.

• Brohoof 1

Whatever, no one will admit it.

There is nothing to admit here. You make a big thing out of something little.

What would you do if i "admit it?" Whatever i do admit it or not, the globe still spins.

the internet is not serious business.

• Brohoof 1

Did anybody see the Goldberg and Lesnar segment last night, after Goldberg got an F5 by Brock?

Holy shit, the way he is sweating after just one F5 just tells me that his Cardio is piss poor. If they actually plan to do a 20 minute main event, there will be either alot of breathing times for Goldberg, or (worst case scenario) Goldberg will get a heartattack in the ring.

This just made me even more worried about Main Event being the shits. Goldberg is not the Super Hero that he used to be.

I'm just hoping we don't get another WM20

Also, I'm not really fussed that KO is being lowered into the US title picture. You know who else did that? John Cena. Bad example, I know, but you have to admit when Cena stopped getting so many big title matches he's gotten much better. That roll-up AA on AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble was pretty damn great, imo.

Plus, Owens's Universal title run was legendary. He's held that thing for a long time, and you may argue that the List of Jericho was more over than the title reign, but the fact of the matter is WWE took this long to take the belt off him. That says a lot about what people think of the Prizefighter.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just hoping we don't get another WM20

Also, I'm not really fussed that KO is being lowered into the US title picture. You know who else did that? John Cena. Bad example, I know, but you have to admit when Cena stopped getting so many big title matches he's gotten much better. That roll-up AA on AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble was pretty damn great, imo.

Plus, Owens's Universal title run was legendary. He's held that thing for a long time, and you may argue that the List of Jericho was more over than the title reign, but the fact of the matter is WWE took this long to take the belt off him. That says a lot about what people think of the Prizefighter.

The feud between owens and Jericho is the best thing about Raw in my opinion. It's obviously something that was planned for month beforehand. While i would've wished that it would've been title for title at Mania, i can still dig that match. Both are good workers and have alot of heat. I really look forward to that match.

• Brohoof 2

The feud between owens and Jericho is the best thing about Raw in my opinion. It's obviously something that was planned for month beforehand. While i would've wished that it would've been title for title at Mania, i can still dig that match. Both are good workers and have alot of heat. I really look forward to that match.

Agreed, plus the two of them are tremendous in the ring. Even Jericho in his frigging 40s has still got it.

It was great that they made Kevin the heel, because let's be honest, do you know what happens when you boo Jericho for his heel run this year?

Do you?

• Brohoof 1

Agreed, plus the two of them are tremendous in the ring. Even Jericho in his frigging 40s has still got it.

It was great that they made Kevin the heel, because let's be honest, do you know what happens when you boo Jericho for his heel run this year?

Do you?

I will make his list. :P

Seriously though, i kinda saw it coming. Jericho recently presented himself very positive in public, with spending his money on charitys and considering Jericho still keeps some sort of Kayfabe considering he is very old school, a heel jericho doing charity seems a bit weird.

But yeah, considering he is in his 40s, Jericho still rocks the house. He is like a fine wine that gets better with age. :P

• Brohoof 2

I will make his list. :P

Seriously though, i kinda saw it coming. Jericho recently presented himself very positive in public, with spending his money on charitys and considering Jericho still keeps some sort of Kayfabe considering he is very old school, a heel jericho doing charity seems a bit weird.

But yeah, considering he is in his 40s, Jericho still rocks the house. He is like a fine wine that gets better with age. :P

And his character work is so fine

Speaking of Owens's kayfabe, have you been on his Twitter? It's the funniest stuff

• Brohoof 1

And his character work is so fine

Speaking of Owens's kayfabe, have you been on his Twitter? It's the funniest stuff

That's why i think that Owens is very underrated. He works his character everywhere he goes, except when he is with his son.

I once saw a youtube video of a house show match with him defending the title against Sami Zayn. After his match, he went to the audience and said to one of the guys in the audience "Have fun staying virgin forever."

THAT is real heel work right there. Interacting with the audience.

• Brohoof 2

That's why i think that Owens is very underrated. He works his character everywhere he goes, except when he is with his son.

I once saw a youtube video of a house show match with him defending the title against Sami Zayn. After his match, he went to the audience and said to one of the guys in the audience "Have fun staying virgin forever."

THAT is real heel work right there. Interacting with the audience.

That brings back good memories...

• Brohoof 3

Dude. His title reign sucked. He lost so many matches, and even in victory he did not look dominant. WWE did not commit to making Owens look like a monster champion. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dude. His title reign sucked. He lost so many matches, and even in victory he did not look dominant. WWE did not commit to making Owens look like a monster champion. 

I wonder how they'll book Samoa Joe if he becomes Universal Champion?

Would he be dominant like people wanted Kevin Owens to be or

would he be booked like a typical WWE heel champions we see today? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234