Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

Triple H is the new head of WWE's creative team! :D

I'm sure things will stay the same until a possible post-SummerSlam "reset" but I'm curious to see if Hunter makes his writers feel more like a team

and less like how Vince McMahon ran things. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

SummerSlam 2022 was a really fun show! :D I felt like I needed to say that here. :pistachio:

I agree! I especially loved Brock and Roman’s match.

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

I agree! I especially loved Brock and Roman’s match.

I'm usually not a fan of "Roman wins lol" but that was one of the craziest WWE matches if not THE craziest WWE match I've EVER seen. :blink:

My favorite was Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair and everything that happened there! :D

1 hour ago, Tornado Patty said:

Agreed. Triple H's fingerprints were evident all over it

I think we're in good hands with Triple H at the wheel. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venöm @TheRockARooster @Tornado Patty

Are any of you excited for the "AEW Fight Forever" video game? Apparently, it has non-wrestling mini games included for some reason. :confused:

https://www.ign.com/articles/aew-fight-forever-match-types-and-more-revealed

Video games in general have left me with cautious optimism at best. But the fact that they have intergender matches is a bonus. Min games I can take or leave unless they're for the BTE championship of the world. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are any of you excited for the "AEW Fight Forever" video game? Apparently, it has non-wrestling mini games included for some reason. :confused:

Probably gonna pass on it. Looks too close to WWE All Stars art wise. I might give it a try further down the road, but right now it's a no.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Tornado Patty said:

Probably gonna pass on it. Looks too close to WWE All Stars art wise. I might give it a try further down the road, but right now it's a no.

They changed the art style a little bit in the AEW game from what I've heard. They lost me at non-wrestling mini games. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 2022-08-05 at 10:35 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I love All Elite Wrestling and I’m getting AEW Fight Forever, absolutely not gonna miss this and I’ve notbought a wrestling game for years and years.

On 2022-08-04 at 10:39 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

They changed the art style a little bit in the AEW game from what I've heard. They lost me at non-wrestling mini games. 

Yeah... I want a more realistic experience, not a set of mini games.

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Tornado Patty said:

Yeah... I want a more realistic experience, not a set of mini games.

I'm sure they won't be *too* bad but it just sounds weird for a wrestling game, IMO &

if this was a mini game collection featuring wrestlers it would make more sense. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

11 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m choosing to not give WWE a chance as I’ve given them way too many chances and I won’t see the new ‘era’ unfold.

@Unicorncob @Tornado Patty @TheRockARooster@Denim&Venöm 

I've actually been really enjoying WWE since SummerSlam because the focus has been more on the wrestling and less about the talking

segments that draw my attention away from the show. :mlp_yeehaa:

I'm actually excited to watch Raw and SmackDown now and I think that's really cool. :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've actually been really enjoying WWE since SummerSlam because the focus has been more on the wrestling and less about the talking

I'm actually excited to watch Raw and SmackDown now and I think that's really cool. :D

Glad you're enjoying it, Spark.

I've chosen a side and I'm sticking to it.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, TheRockARooster said:

Glad you're enjoying it, Spark.

I've chosen a side and I'm sticking to it.

Thank You, BWBFF. I hope you're still having fun with your indies and AEW. :eager:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, TheRockARooster said:

I am enjoying AEW, Impact and many more.

It's all I've got in terms of pro wrestling.

AWESOME! I love that we have so much variety nowadays post-WCW and ECW. :D

I'm sorry that I can't bring myself to WWE's side in this, I just don't trust them after everything.

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

AWESOME! I love that we have so much variety nowadays post-WCW and ECW. :D

That's really true.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

H taking charge is a step in the right direction. But my plate is full as is between AEW, ROH, NOAH and NJPW. I love wrestling, but I'd like time for other stuff too. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

H taking charge is a step in the right direction.

But my plate is full as is between AEW, ROH, NOAH and NJPW. I love wrestling, but I'd like time for other stuff too. 

I agree.

I know some fans might not like Hunter's focus on wrestling over segments but I welcome this change because segments don't entertain me anymore. 

---

The only thing I can think of is to watch the Raw and SmackDown Yotube highlights since those are usually under ten minutes. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

24 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree.

I know some fans might not like Hunter's focus on wrestling over segments but I welcome this change because segments don't entertain me anymore. 

---

The only thing I can think of is to watch the Raw and SmackDown Yotube highlights since those are usually under ten minutes. 

The people who like the segments are already on board. If they're gonna grow, they're gonna need to attract new fans through action. 18-49 isn't gonna show up for the lovecraftian love child of SNL skits and Jerry Springer. That's what MTV is for. Even if they do improve on that front, I'd still rather not be nauseated by Kevin 'camera cuts' Dunn. Or their deal with the House of Saud. 

Besides, I've got WrestleTalk reviews to entertain me. 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

The people who like the segments are already on board. If they're gonna grow, they're gonna need to attract new fans through action. 18-49 isn't gonna show up for the lovecraftian love child of SNL skits and Jerry Springer. That's what MTV is for. Even if they do improve on that front, I'd still rather not be nauseated by Kevin 'camera cuts' Dunn.

I noticed while watching WWE lately that they mention past events, name referees and have used the words wrestler and wrestling.

I feel like Raw and SmackDown ended with a tiny cliffhangers which is something that's been missing from WWE since the late 90's - early 2000's. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234