What was your favourite activity in PE / Sport class?

James A Williams

I don't think we ever played soccer to my recollection

My personal favorite was gym floor hockey (like ice hockey, but in the gym)

We had Styrofoam sticks and a big Styrofoam puck with tape around the parts that would get hit so they didn't wear down (example: the outside rim of the puck and the face of the stick.)

I think even the net had Styrofoam padding.

It's way too warm here to even consider ice hockey.

It was a lot of fun slapping it around and taking shots at the goal full tilt because no one would get hurt.

Sports are for jocks. I may be a boy, but my interests lay elsewhere, in artistic and imaginative things.

The part where all the boys undressed in the locker room was pretty fun though for eye candy purposes. #GayCD

Weight lifting without a doubt, I loved the increase in the natural strength I already had and it was a great outlet for the nearly endless rage I had at the time. I have been sort doing it on and off since high school with some cardio mixed in as well but plan to get into it on a more permanent basis to get myself back into shape, strengthen my vulnerable areas like my bad knee and finally drop this gut.

I was more the academic type, but I still enjoyed volleyball and soccer (I sucked at both)--or free periods where me and a girl I vaguely spoke to would just free-shoot basket ball hoops for the remainder of class.

Has anyone ever played Jail ball before? Like, seriously... in elementary school we played it all the time. Basically, it was like dodgeball. Instead, there were 'jails' set up though. If you were hit with the ball, you had to go into this jail and stay there until the next game or something. I can't remember now because it was literally ages ago. I guess that was really the only fun thing about PE when I was a kid. Because let's face it... PE sucks.

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

I do not remember PE at all. The last time I remember having to take PE was in 6th grade. Lol. Thank goodness. Band and marching band took its place.

About the only thing I really enjoyed was dodgeball. Granted I wasn't that good at it, but it was still mega-fun.

Along with that, I remember in junior high when we'd have a week or so of marbles, and a week or so of roller-skating. Those were quite fun too.

But yeah, I was never much for sports & all of that. I preferred exercising the mind instead of the body...

...and I'm still paying for that. D:

My last school had a rock climbing wall and it was pretty awesome. Rock climbing was probably the only thing I was really good at in P.E.

Badminton and cricket units were also really fun, but mostly because everyone was bad at them.

Has anyone ever played Jail ball before? Like, seriously... in elementary school we played it all the time. Basically, it was like dodgeball. Instead, there were 'jails' set up though. If you were hit with the ball, you had to go into this jail and stay there until the next game or something. I can't remember now because it was literally ages ago. I guess that was really the only fun thing about PE when I was a kid. Because let's face it... PE sucks.

I remember playing something like that. I think we might have called it something different here . (Think we called it Prison Ball or something like that) But, I remember something a TON like that, with the whole Jail thing. I loved Dodgeball and Baseball/Kickball. Gym was like the best part about school for me. I was more of a guy who loved playing sports back in school. I hated learning new stuff. LOL

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly
  • Brohoof 1