Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two Minute Video Review (prior to Season 5) [Now Playing]

Jonny Music

Call me crazy, but since this week is reading week for me, I want to take this free time to my advantage and make a stunningly convincing quick video review of the show for the whole world to see (yes I intend to make it public). The instructor who assigned me and the class the assignment for this week did not leave any restrictions as to what I should be doing, so I said to myself, why not do this? So I am doing it right now! :D

ProJared's videos in a playlist here will be the main inspiration as to how I will tackle this challenge.

In terms of quality control and professionalism, I want to make it as good as ProJared's One Minute Review videos and LittleshyFiM's "Everything Wrong with" Parody videos.

Also I have never seen anyone do this kind of thing before, so I want to do it for the heck of it.

What I am asking you is this, I would like you to leave your thoughts and suggestions as to what I should use and say in the review. It will help me a lot from knowing from different perspectives what I should use and say in the review that will be appropriate for the general public.

Keep in mind that I am actually serious about this. Which means that I will ignore any suggestions to give up on it, because that is not going to happen on my watch.

This part of my assignment is due on March 6. But I intend to get most of the work done this week.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Update: click here to see the video.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 4

Whew! I finally finished the script for the video. I'll need to get enough sleep to get to the production stage with ease.

Thank you all for your feedback. :) Stay tuned for further updates.

As of 16:04, Feb. 25, 2015,

Now I've finished the Production stage (recording the footage).

Onward to Post-Production [Editing stage]! :D

• Brohoof 1

Whew. After so many long hours of trying to focus on this, I have finally finished the editing process. Now it's about time I get this uploaded to YouTube and Vimeo (it's part of the assignment). :)

The video is scheduled to be released at noon EST. I'll be sure to post the link to the video as soon as it's up. :)

It's now up! Give it a watch! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so_Kkf7CUNI

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found the video good, but i dont understand the purpose of this video  :wacko:

You just say a little bit of what the show is about, but for a trailer or something, you really dont show that much of the show. And for a review...well i kinda have no ideas how reviews work, never watch anyone to be honest. :blush:  Maybe your video is perfect, i have no idea :lol:   But it was a interesting video.

But in the beginning you look very often to the right, instead to the viewer, as if you where reading what you have to say. And thats not very professional.

Then it would be greater if you would say the intro in one take, like the finebros with their spoiler videos. But i can see a cut.

But everything else, like the pictures that showed up and your overall video quality is very good. Also you talk clearly and i like your voice.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I found the video good, but i dont understand the purpose of this video  :wacko:

You just say a little bit of what the show is about, but for a trailer or something, you really dont show that much of the show. And for a review...well i kinda have no ideas how reviews work, never watch anyone to be honest. :blush:  Maybe your video is perfect, i have no idea :lol:   But it was a interesting video.

But in the beginning you look very often to the right, instead to the viewer, as if you where reading what you have to say. And thats not very professional.

Then it would be greater if you would say the intro in one take, like the finebros with their spoiler videos. But i can see a cut.

But everything else, like the pictures that showed up and your overall video quality is very good. Also you talk clearly and i like your voice.  :squee:

The main purpose of the video is just to explain to the general public in two minutes what the show is about and why should they care about it.

Thanks, I guess.

It's a double purpose. It may look like as if I was looking at a script. However, at the same time, it does look like I am looking at the timer. So the general viewer isn't even gonna notice. ;) Jump cuts for this were necessary in order to keep the pacing.

Thank you. :)

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1