Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shading attempt

Comrade Courage

I had been wanting to do this for a while and I really love the way it turned out!! :wub:  I know the shadings not perfet but all in all as a first try at shading I think it worked out. I also like how my Ponysona worked out I am still trying to work out my own style I will get there :) anyway enjoy comments and critiques welcome!comrade_shading_by_comradecourage-d8ktrc

• Brohoof 5

Looks good. Some bits are a bit light but I am a fan of high contrast.

Keep on working hard  B)

I shall! thanks LiraCrown. I really enjoy shading never thought I would, but it really adds something to even a mediocre picture! :)

Nice drawing! You've inspired me to create my own Ponysona, thanks! 

awww glad I could inspire you!!

This looks really swell B). I like the facial hair and his determined look. Good job :)

yeah I really like pony beards. :3 and I was going for determined, so I guess I delivered! :D

Thats one hell of a manly looking pony!  Would not want to have a bar fight with that guy... :o

Good job,  he has a lot going in personality given the image!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know what to say about this one, in a good way of course. But nice job nonetheless. I've lost my drive to draw 10 years ago, but seeing this, i might just pick it back up. 

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

I like the detail on the hooves.  The shading looks good, but it seems a little inconsistent.  The direction of his shadow and his wing's shadow suggests a light source to his left / upper left, but the shading under his muzzle and on his forelegs suggests a light source in front of him.  If I shade, I try (emphasis on try lol) to pick where the light source is early on and to stick with it.  But very good for a first attempt, regardless.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what to say about this one, in a good way of course. But nice job nonetheless. I've lost my drive to draw 10 years ago, but seeing this, i might just pick it back up. 

I would be honored if I was the one to inspire you to take up drawing again truly  :rarity:

I like the detail on the hooves.  The shading looks good, but it seems a little inconsistent.  The direction of his shadow and his wing's shadow suggests a light source to his left / upper left, but the shading under his muzzle and on his forelegs suggests a light source in front of him.  If I shade, I try (emphasis on try lol) to pick where the light source is early on and to stick with it.  But very good for a first attempt, regardless.

thank you! I am always glad to get feedback, I appreciate it  immensely!!  :squee:  I was having trouble determining a light source, I will try to work on it. It is difficult but if it was easy everyone would do it! For future tries I will be more attuned to where the light is coming from :)

• Brohoof 1