Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot OOC (Now 20% cooler!)

Hypn0ticD

(edited)

@@Windbreaker,

... Are you sure Alex's IQ drop wasn't caused by Michael Bay movies? There are only so many explosions your brain cells can take!

Right, working on the AJ post!

Edited by Hypn0ticD

While I slowly work on this to make it good and not suck, do we have a Spike player or would he be an NPC?

Think that's what I'm doing tonight. Covered her fillyness. I'm sorry if I'm going slow. I'd really like to do her justice. It eats my creative juices because I respect the character a lot and want to do her justice. Also really appreciate Derplight offering to reference his form on what's important. It's bringing up wonderful memories of episodes, and I might actually end up with a longer history than his. Oops?

*passes out for the night*

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@@xCuddlefish, @@Orion Caelum, @@Littlecandylulu903,

Sorry for the wait, but I'll get back to Canterlot to give Blindspot a proper chance to be introduced into the RP, and Wilhelm a chance to get back in on the action; not gonna take over any characters, just gonna set things up and go from there...

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker,

Sorry for setting things up for Pinkie Pie and Dash! I couldn't think of any other way of how to bring Rainbow into the RP at the moment for AJ.

@@bronislav84,

You needn't be so thorough, as that's gonna take forever. Just do what Derplight did and stick to the openers and finales, as they contain the most pertinent character information.

Also, I'm hoping someone would apply for Spike, as I want him to be a full character as well.

Nearly done now. Two more two-parters to go. Don't think it makes sense to go over anything in Season 5 yet since it's in flux and not everything has been explained. I should be able to finish tomorrow.

@@Orion Caelum,

Well, it's his academic peers that he'll be ticking off, but it's his funeral!

Ticking off a princess or two wouldn't be a wise idea, either, but... yeah!

@@bronislav84,

You don't need to write an anthology, it looks good so far, but just focus more on Twilight's accomplishments

@@Windbreaker,

Waiting on you to post as Pinkie Pie... the gang's got a pink princess to meet up with!

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle,

Also, I'm gonna skip ahead a few days after the Mane6 (sans Rarity) meet up with Cadance.

This is to allow some time to Colette and Alex to get the idea that they didn't win, only for a surprise scroll to quite literally appear out of thin air.

It's up to you where and how Alex discovers his scroll, Windbreaker, but after a bit of sleep, I'm gonna work on how Colette finds her scroll, then a skit for everyone to enjoy!

(edited)

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Hopefully, @bronislav84 finishes soon, so I can look so we can get Twilight into the RP. From there, the Mane5 meet up with each other, then they'll meet up with Cadance, and tell her of the news.

During that time, @Orion Caelum's Wilhelm can investigate the portal as he'd planned...

After that, I'm gonna f-f to when Alex and Colette get notice that they've won.

@@bronislav84,

Cadance is already on her way to Twilight's castle. If that's not the impetus to finish, then I don't don't know what is...

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed that. I'll be done tonight. I was just gonna eat and work on it. I work best at night, you see.

Okay, it feels done now. Maybe a bit too much Discord sprinkled in there, but I felt like it made sense with the story, especially mentioning Keep Calm and Flutter On because it would feel odd to say he was 'reformed' in time for the season 4 finale events without mentioning that episode.

What do you think?

Edited by bronislav84

@@bronislav84,

Looks good, but for future reference, a character's backstory needn't be so long. Instead, just focus more on the character on question, and a little less on her friends. It sounds a bit selfish, but Twilight does have enough of a character to stand out on her own, so it'll take less time to write out her backstory.

On that note, the others are gonna head to Sugarcube Corner, so they can meet up with Twilight to go pick up Cadance at the train station, but Cadance is already on her way to Twilight's castle...

I did try to minimize non Twilight stuff, but she was involved in a lot so I really couldn't be helped. But I'll try to minimize it more if there's another time I get to play her.

As for that issue, I might have a solution when I post soon. Possibly.

EDIT: I think the way I did it is a good way for Cadence to meet up with Twilight so they don't end up missing each other.

Edited by bronislav84

I swear I've tried third in other RPs. The posts turned out really undescriptive, bland, and I couldn't improve them in any way other than go back to first. Also, I couldn't project any of the character's feelings at all cause I wasn't writing as them. Would you really rather I sacrifice about 50% quality for flow conformity?

Edited by bronislav84