6 users have voted

1. 1. What season of MLP:FIM would have the best rpg styled game

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • The movies
    • Season 5

I want to make an full rpg game for each season of mlp this is list of jobs I need people to help with but I need a copy of rpg maker vx ace I plan on making a Dropbox for the group to use to help try making process and post updates in a spread sheet to let everyone know the progress of it please post if you are interested in this project

Jobs
Sprite maker (someone to make sprites of all the characters, objects, and items)
Mapper (makes the maps like the towns and locations to visit)
Event planer (someone to come up with events like battles or special side quest)
Event creator (someone who can make the events planed by the event planer)
Battle balancer (someone who makes sure the game isn't to hard or to easy and will adjust the stats to reflect this)
Writer (takes the show and turns into an rpg in terms of story telling)

And lastly for those who feel they can't help but still want to you can be

testers

If you think of jobs I left out please post some I am interested in your ideas

Current demo https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti4lejmww5ow49j/MLP%20FIM%20RPG%20ep%201%262%20beta.exe?dl=0

Edited by supersonicfan91
  • Brohoof 2

@@supersonicfan91

Could you explain a bit more about what you need from someone in each job? I think I could try and help out in some of them, but I'd like to know a bit more of the specifics of each job's responsibility. :)

Edited by Storm Shine

@@supersonicfan91,

Even without the explanations though, I think I might be able to fill one of these jobs:

Tester (Of course :P)

and maybe Writer, depending on what you want written. :)

I also have RPG Maker VX Ace on my computer, though I don't use it all that often... maybe I should start. :P

@@supersonicfan91,

Even without the explanations though, I think I might be able to fill one of these jobs:

Tester (Of course :P)

and maybe Writer, depending on what you want written. :)

I also have RPG Maker VX Ace on my computer, though I don't use it all that often... maybe I should start. :P

can you send me a copy of it i need it also just translate the show into an rpg format, pm me and i can send you a drop box link to use later ok

I can probably help with story concepts and maybe some writing. I'M just not sure with all the other writing I'm doing how much time I'd have on top of a full time job to really sit down and write for the game.

Otherwise I'm also happy to test :D

I can probably help with story concepts and maybe some writing. I'M just not sure with all the other writing I'm doing how much time I'd have on top of a full time job to really sit down and write for the game.

Otherwise I'm also happy to test :D

glad to hear that although story wise it just the show in rpg form the only difference will be a choice mechanic that can cause alternate storylines to keep it interesting to get it some replay value 

• Brohoof 1

Could i try be a event planner.Could be the tester please.Because what you have is amazing.Good thinking

yes you can if you want to 

Hey @@supersonicfan91,

Since your thread appears to be looking for people to work on a project, I'm going to move it to Creative Resources. Hopefully you'll get more help there!

ok thank you for you help

I want to make an full rpg game for each season of mlp this is list of jobs I need people to help with but I need a copy of rpg maker vx ace I plan on making a Dropbox for the group to use to help try making process and post updates in a spread sheet to let everyone know the progress of it please post if you are interested in this project

Jobs

Sprite maker (someone to make sprites of all the characters, objects, and items)

Mapper (makes the maps like the towns and locations to visit)

Event planer (someone to come up with events like battles or special side quest)

Event creator (someone who can make the events planed by the event planer)

Battle balancer (someone who makes sure the game isn't to hard or to easy and will adjust the stats to reflect this)

Writer (takes the show and turns into an rpg in terms of story telling)

And lastly for those who feel they can't help but still want to you can be

testers

If you think of jobs I left out please post some I am interested in your ideas

Hey, if you need any help with this, i might be able to do some stuff for you, I use to work with RPG maker and still have it on my computer, let me know if you need anything.

I've got some things to say. Your idea is great, and I think MLP needs more VG to its franchise. Not the current games for the first to the third generations, but for the fourth, the actual generation. Why? Because the series is great and continuing the adventure should be cool. But alas, even if you have a great idea, it might be taken like "C'mmon, guys, YOU make MY game". This is the real issue on fandoms: you have an idea, but you have to show your motivation and try not to show you want people to work FOR you, and not WITH you. I had the same problem on the Sonic Retro community: I was here with an idea, but my topic was trashed because of that.

I think I could help you in terms of writing, and even 3D modeling if you need someone. But the real thing I could say you is: "Good luck. May Celestia guide your steps in the deeps of the Everfree Forest, and everything's going to be fine"

I've got some things to say. Your idea is great, and I think MLP needs more VG to its franchise. Not the current games for the first to the third generations, but for the fourth, the actual generation. Why? Because the series is great and continuing the adventure should be cool. But alas, even if you have a great idea, it might be taken like "C'mmon, guys, YOU make MY game". This is the real issue on fandoms: you have an idea, but you have to show your motivation and try not to show you want people to work FOR you, and not WITH you. I had the same problem on the Sonic Retro community: I was here with an idea, but my topic was trashed because of that.

I think I could help you in terms of writing, and even 3D modeling if you need someone. But the real thing I could say you is: "Good luck. May Celestia guide your steps in the deeps of the Everfree Forest, and everything's going to be fine"

my intention was not meant to sound like that i will be working on the game as well but sorry this game doesn't contain 3D models of any kind we are using 2d sprites i am sorry you got that impression

I could probably do some male voice acting... oh wait, I don't have a recordy thing for anything :( nvm... I'd be happy to do some testing for ya, I'd volunteer for some writing, but I have a short attention span...

I can be a Writer, Tester, or Battle Balancer if you like. ^^ And Female Voice Acting.

ok you can be all of thouse although i have no idea if we will ever add Voice Acting right now for now i just want to be able to make this

I think I'm really good at 3D modelling. PM me if you want some objects.

And if you need a voice for a stallion pony, then I'm at your service. ;)

no voices are need as of now and the game is made up of 2D sprites so I'm sorry but if you can help in another way that would be great 

no voices are need as of now and the game is made up of 2D sprites so I'm sorry but if you can help in another way that would be great 

Oh, I see. I can't help then. Sorry :/