Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Friendship Lessons

RockinRarity

I will admit, when I first started watching the show, the friendship lessons were just a cheesy add-on at the end of the episode that I would sort-of tune out and forget about when I recalled the episode in my mind.

But somehow, that changed. Even if the friendship lessons are on the obvious side for me, it doesn't mean that another brony or pegasister can't benefit from the lesson, despite the fact that the target audience is for little girls.

My favorite lesson is the one at the end of Return of Harmony, where Twilight learns to fight for your friendships, no matter how difficult things may be. It's true that we gain and lose friends throughout life, but if things get rough, both friends can work with each other to keep the friendship alive. That's the lesson I remember most. It's a reminder that bad times don't need to dominate the good times, and that forgiveness is possible.

So I want to ask all of you. Which Friendship Lesson, whether written in a letter to Celestia or subtly learned without the letter, had impacted you the most, whether in a small way or a big way?

• Brohoof 2

I know it's really stupid as it's a show for children, but in some of the episodes I didn't even realize what the lessons were until they said it at the end of the show *Facepalm* But my favorite would be the one where AJ learned nothing. Many giggles were had at the end of that episode :D

My top 3:

3. Over A Barrel: The lesson states that even the worst of enemies can become friends. After long feuds which would mentally tire you out and emotionally take its toll on you, you would feel greatly relieved to see that, as a matter of fact, you CAN get along with whomever you were fighting with prior to all that. A great lesson in life to be learned.

2. Dragon Quest: It's not about what you are, it's about who you are. Everyone is of a different skin color and/or race, and this doesn't define your personality. A great lesson to be learned in which you would come to realize that prejudices against certain groups or someone's ethnicity really are questionable as someone's skin color never defines his/her character.

1. Griffon The Brush Off: Although the lesson in the episode is nice, there's a deeper meaning to the episode than what's shown. If you reserve yourself to being "cool" all the time, you will find out that no one truly cares for you, and in the end, you will wind up with a grand total of zero friends. A problem in which is faced by many young people today, yet for the sake of "fitting in" will people outright give up on their friends and change their personality just to look stylish.

Here's another lesson that was learned (or rather, to be learned): You can never outrun Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 3

2. Dragon Quest: It's not about what you are, it's about who you are. Everyone is of a different skin color and/or race, and this doesn't define your personality. A great lesson to be learned in which you would come to realize that prejudices against certain groups or someone's ethnicity really are questionable as someone's skin color never defines his/her character.

Wasn't that also the moral of Bridle Gossip?

1. Griffon The Brush Off: Although the lesson in the episode is nice, there's a deeper meaning to the episode than what's shown. If you reserve yourself to being "cool" all the time, you will find out that no one truly cares for you, and in the end, you will wind up with a grand total of zero friends. A problem in which is faced by many young people today, yet for the sake of "fitting in" will people outright give up on their friends and change their personality just to look stylish.

Same here.

(edited)

My top 3:

3. Over A Barrel: The lesson states that even the worst of enemies can become friends. After long feuds which would mentally tire you out and emotionally take its toll on you, you would feel greatly relieved to see that, as a matter of fact, you CAN get along with whomever you were fighting with prior to all that. A great lesson in life to be learned.

Here's another lesson that was learned (or rather, to be learned): You can never outrun Pinkie Pie.

This is actually the kind of answer I was looking for...

I know the "I didn't learn anything!" lesson was funny, but the topic is not just about which lesson is your favorite, it's about which lesson has made an impact on your personal life, even in just a small way.

Edited by RockinRarity

it's about which lesson has made an impact on your personal life, even in just a small way.

Those three actually did have a slight impact on my life, although I already knew them ;) Even so, it reinforced those exact ideas onto my mindset and now I can handle "friendship problems", if you will, to moderate degrees to high degrees of success, granted they don't come off as sudden.

Those three actually did have a slight impact on my life, although I already knew them ;) Even so, it reinforced those exact ideas onto my mindset and now I can handle "friendship problems", if you will, to moderate degrees to high degrees of success, granted they don't come off as sudden.

Oh, I was saying that your post was the best by that point because it actually answered my OP. :D