Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hug Button

Chaton

You know how Facebook has a "Poke" button?

Here's an idea, why don't we get one for here, but add our own little twist.

Let's get a hug button!

20120214045244!A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png

Everypony loves a good hug, so why don't we get a button for it! I don't know what it could be used for other than showing your appreciation for somepony.

Any thoughts on this, reply below!

• Brohoof 5

B-but the poke button is one of the most annoying and useless functions on facebook besides game invites.

Why not send an actual message with content to someone you want to show appreciation for?

Uuggghh. Don't even mention game invites. The hugs could add to a counter showing genuine appreciation when somepony does something for you.

You know you are considering the idea:

post-32538-0-91287800-1431467218_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't it effectively be the same as a brohoof? No, wait, it wouldn't necessarily be connected to a specific post, that would be the difference, right?

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't it effectively be the same as a brohoof? No, wait, it wouldn't necessarily be connected to a specific post, that would be the difference, right?

Close enough, though it would have to have a minimum delay between hugs.

I may be the weirdo here ... but I think that going to a member's profile and typing "*Hugs*" is more personal and appreciated than clicking a button to send an automated notification.

• Brohoof 3

I may be the weirdo here ... but I think that going to a member's profile and typing "*Hugs*" is more personal and appreciated than clicking a button to send an automated notification.

For some bizarre reason, I have the urge to automate everything even though I prefer manual things. You may as well ignore this thread,

• Brohoof 1

For some bizarre reason, I have the urge to automate everything even though I prefer manual things. You may as well ignore this thread,

Never be afraid to make a suggestion thread! We love to hear feedback, and I know a lot of people who are not comfortable expressing themselves directly, and so rely on systems such as the Like/Brohoof systems to show their appreciation. Perhaps Profile Brohoofs is something closer to what you are suggesting, but indeed there are some arguments against it. If you have any other ideas don't hesitate to post them!

Never be afraid to make a suggestion thread! We love to hear feedback, and I know a lot of people who are not comfortable expressing themselves directly, and so rely on systems such as the Like/Brohoof systems to show their appreciation. Perhaps Profile Brohoofs is something closer to what you are suggesting, but indeed there are some arguments against it. If you have any other ideas don't hesitate to post them!

Effectively, yes. A Profile brohoof. And I am not afraid.

If I may.. I gotta say that I really don't like the idea of this feature. One reason is because I hate getting hugs from random users.. Also, because Jeric is right. It's really impersonal. Poking someone on Facebook is really annoying too. :lol: It'd be okay if this could be an optional thing, so people could opt out.

If I may.. I gotta say that I really don't like the idea of this feature. One reason is because I hate getting hugs from random users.. Also, because Jeric is right. It's really impersonal. Poking someone on Facebook is really annoying too. :lol: It'd be okay if this could be an optional thing, so people could opt out.

Your signature fits your comment so perfectly it's like they've been cold fused.

• Brohoof 1

Having this feature wouldn't really improve MLP Forums as a whole. Like the poke feature on Facebook, a "hug" can not only be annoying, but it's not necessary since this site already has the brohoof feature in place. Like the other users above me said, sending a PM shows someone gratitude towards the person's actions. I think it would be best if this feature is not included. I prefer the "brohoof" feature anyway. :D

Having this feature wouldn't really improve MLP Forums as a whole. Like the poke feature on Facebook, a "hug" can not only be annoying, but it's not necessary since this site already has the brohoof feature in place. Like the other users above me said, sending a PM shows someone gratitude towards the person's actions. I think it would be best if this feature is not included. I prefer the "brohoof" feature anyway. :D

Fun fact; this entire thread was created on a sugar low.

• Brohoof 1