Fandom given names.

Wicked Funky

I have been wondering about the names this fandom has come up with like Lyra, Bonbon, Derpy and so on. But how come Octavia have gotten the name Octavia?

Derpy got her name because of her eyes, Rose because of her cutiemark just like Bonbon... Right now only Octavia comes to my mind but are there any more ponies who has been named by the fandom whos names doesn't really make sense?

Or am I stupid here and octavia is some sort of music thing? :P

• Brohoof 2

img-31531-1-sig-4317299.wKP086O.png

Just your avrage scrub Irelia, Poppy and Shen main.

Signature banner by ~ Akatsuki ~.

(edited)
octavia is some sort of music thing

yep, octavia refers to an octave wich is indeed some sort of music thingy :P

not entirely sure what an octave is but i know it has something to do with music. maybe loudness or something? 

EDIT: found this on wikipedia: In music, an octave (Latinoctavus: eighth) or perfect octave is the interval between one musical pitch and another with half or double its frequency

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 3

My OC's: Roarke, Repsol and Crystal  

Octavia's complete origins are still somewhat a question, but part of it has to do with this brony in his Blogspot. He wrote an analysis of the background character and why he named her Octavia. Part of it has to do with the Octave.

Colgate got her name because her mane and tail look a lot like toothpaste. Although her official name is Minuette, it hasn't gone away. When she dressed in a doctor/dentist costume in Luna Eclipsed, headcanon exploded.

Dr. Whooves got his name because he looks very similar to one of the Doctors from Doctor Who, and thousands of bronies are huge Whovians.

Vinyl Scratch's name came from 4chan's /co/ in response to seeing her bopping her head as a vinyl record was played during Suited for Success.

• Brohoof 1

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4