Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you handle spicy food?

TOMahwk

144 users have voted

1. 1. Can you handle spicy food?

• Yes
    • Nope

To a certain extent, yes. After a while when it gets too hot it's not even enjoyable anymore, it just makes your eyes water, and it's annoying.

Generally my tolerance for spicy food isn't the best. I usually go with the "mild" option when I do use spices/sauce.

Not so much. I'm a complete wimp when it comes to spicy food. Horseradish, wasabi, and the like are fine. While renowned for their intense yet brief burn, they hardly do anything to me. Give me something spicy due to peppers and I'm gonna have a bad time.

Some people have a high tolerance for spiciness and like it. I can appreciate that. What I've never understood though are those overly macho dudes who eat spicy wings and stuff, sweating profusely with watering eyes and runny noses guzzling whatever beverage is at hand (which is pretty much so spicy you can't even taste the food at that point), pretending to enjoy it.

My worst experience happened at the state fair one year. Some people were selling hot sauce at a table in one of the giant exhibition buildings. They warned me against trying a certain sauce if I had a low heat tolerance, but I tried a minuscule drop on a tortilla chip. Worst decision, ever. I spent the next hour with a burning, purple face, crying my eyes out and nose running nonstop. Nothing could alleviate the burn.

• Brohoof 1

I love spicy food and I like cooking with cracked and cayenne pepper, in addition I love Thai food and I would order with the hottest spiciness, it does not bother me in fact I love the challenge of the spicy cuisine, also I think it tastes better when the food is spicy, as the peppers and chillies bring a plethora of flavours that normal spices could not have, plus I adore Cajun food.  

I put hot sauce on pizza, eggs, baked potato, in soup... huh.png

My boyfriend has a small shelf devoted entirely to hot sauce. I thought it was alcohol at first, but no.

Edited by Cygnus

Depends. I like spicy chicken, pepperjack cheese, and hot sauce on my tacos and all, but stuff like jalapeno peppers is a no-no. I took a big bite out of a jalapeno burger at a family picnic once, and you have no idea how much milk I needed to drink after that... :o

Handle it?
I cannot handle food WITHOUT hot sauce if you asked me.
I always use hot sauce and spicy sauces on my dishes. tongue.png
But, still.
That depends, when I'm eating hamburgers or hot dogs.
I always use hot sauce.
When it comes to salads, I never ate any salad with hot sauce since that doesn't sound fitting to me. :huh:

Edited by ~Chaotic Woona~

You know, I once got some sushi from price chopper, and it was fantastic. Of course, a ball of wassabi resided in the corner of my plastic container, and I thought it was guacamole. 20 seconds after opening it, I was breathing fire out my nose. 'Twas nuff said.

I can't handle Jolokia-level hot (and if you can, you've earned mad respect from me), but I can handle a fair amount of fire. In fact, I kinda prefer it that way. I like the kickback, that feeling of esophageal burns that feels oh so glorious! My throat is burning, but I don't care because it feels so good!

...OK, that MAY be overdoing it a bit, but you get my point. I like the feeling. Makes me feel manly. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

It depends, I've enjoyed some spicy food, but this one time...

It was in guitar class in high school and we were all just practicing. Someone brought hot peppers, I had never one before but he was hesitant about having one. I'm like "what's the worse that could possibly happen? I'll show you." and he let me have one. I just took one bite out of the entire thing, chewed a bit then swallowed it whole.

At first I'm proud-like and say "See?" Then as he starts to have one I begin to notice a really intense burning in my mouth and so on, apparently my face went all red and I looked like I was in agony. First thing that came to mind was "WATER!" and I quickly chugged down a whole water bottle... but it didn't really do anything so I left class to go find a good water fountain to drink from. I was trying to ease that intense burning with water for 30-50 minutes. After that my breath still felt hot like I was almost able to breath fire.

I learned from that experience.

I eat, sleep, and breathe spicy food.

But mostly eat.

Have a list of my favorite hot sauces, while I'm at it.

110.jpg Frank's RedHot. A perfect blend of peppers, vinegar, and garlic in this one. :3

03356-original.jpgTobasco Buffalo Sauce. I really don't like original sauce, but their buffalo stuff is amazing!

144.jpgTexas Pete. Very first hot sauce I ever tried. Fell in love. smile.png

Considering my friend once questioned, how the hell I could put Pad Thai coated with so much spice it was beginning to turn red and make him tear at the mere smell into my mouth. I can safely say I live in the danger zone.