Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you handle spicy food?

TOMahwk

144 users have voted

1. 1. Can you handle spicy food?

• Yes
    • Nope

I'm a lover of spicy for some reason. I think I get off of the pain and heat. I don't know. But I can handle it, definitely. I once ate an entire bag of flaming hot cheetos. It was painful and awful, and I did it for no reason. I think it was good though. But because of my stomach problem, I sadly can't actually have much of it. So technically, I can. But I can't. So I'll answer no.

Also, I notice nopony except me answered no. :P

If my throat wasn't burning with the fire of a thousand suns right now, I'd totally eat some dried bhut jolokia peppers on camera for you guys. It smells like compost and tastes like fire, but it's pretty fun.

Spicy food can't handle me!

I am a spiceaholic, the more spice, the better. Unless the amount of spice doesn't hurt other people, it isn't spicy enough for me haha.

I plan on ordering some Ghost peppers to mix in my what I call "3X Suicide nachos" which uses hot salsa, red peppers, habanero, and jalapenos.

Delicious.

Edited by Leon Trotsky

Does putting hot sauce and cayenne pepper on everything answer your question? Though I'd more than likely draw the line at those "hotter than the surface of the sun" foods. I still like to taste my food after all!

Edited by PoisonClaw

Comes with being part korean, I love it when my mom makes us korean spiced pork, has many names, but in english, it's pronounced (Teh-chi, Bull-go-gee) not very hot, but delicious

Most other dishes involves alot of serrano peppers, Kimchi powder (finely-diced peppers) , then there's (Ko-chi-cha-ung) which is a paste of all of the above pretty much.

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 1

I love Indian/Thai foods as well as spicy buffalo wings, but, saddly, they all see fit to ghetto-stomp my Alimentary an hour or so after consumption.

If my throat wasn't burning sub the fire of a thousand suns...

You misspelled white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

You appeared to be in much pain. On another note i love spicy stuff :) I'm not sure as to how much i can take though as i've never tried pushing myself all the way. There was this spicy mustard i had at this restaurant once that just about made my nose explode, but that might have been something else in it. I love hot wings and lots of spicy sauces though.

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

I eat lots of spicy stuff, I eat spicy stuff on a daily basis (I think it might be bad) and I remember trying this wings about a year ago, when my dad's friend asked me if I could eat it xD

I enjoy a spicy food from time to time, but I don't really enjoy food that's made specifically for the purpose of being hot. Having attempted the Triple Atomic Hot Wings challenge myself (failed), I feel like I should point out that those wings are very unpleasant. There's no flavor. Only pain.

• Brohoof 2

I love Indian/Thai foods as well as spicy buffalo wings, but, saddly, they all see fit to ghetto-stomp my Alimentary an hour or so after consumption.

You misspelled white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

My phone murdered my spelling.

• I like sushi, I like wasabi... I do not, however, enjoy wasabi on sushi; I typically wait until I've finished my sushi and then roll the provided wasabi into a large marble and pop it into my mouth. I find enlightenment in the pain.

• I love Thai food, and tend to order it 'very hot' - something that has gotten me more than one concerned look from a waitress. If I'm not sweating when I eat Thai food, someone is doing something wrong.

• I'm not a huge fan of vinegar based hot sauces, like Tabasco and the like. Sure, they can provide a decent kick, but in my eyes the overwhelming vinegar flavor just overpowers the rest of the food. I love vinegar, but I prefer to keep it limited to potato chips and sandwiches.

• Speaking of potato chips, mango habanero>all.

• The people I work with have learned (often times the hard way) that my concept of spiciness is somewhat skewed, and that my 'mild' is apparently the average wimpy white American's 'super hot'

• Brohoof 4

Although I love spicy food, I echo someone here by saying that I love spicy food with flavor. Peppers like the ghost chili are designed for heat and only heat. That's why I never use them for cooking nor eat any food that uses them at a restaurant; it's a cheap gimmick. Whenever I eat something hot, I use peppers that have heat and flavor. For example, the habañero has a fruity sensation, and the jalapeño has a mild bell pepper flavor. When I want heat, gimme the heat AND the flavor!

• The people I work with have learned (often times the hard way) that my concept of spiciness is somewhat skewed, and that my 'mild' is apparently the average wimpy white American's 'super hot'

As a white American, I concur here. I absolutely despise it when the spiciness of food is dumbed down because we can't normally handle it. I want it SPICY, as in spicy from your native country, not "spicy" for the wimpy white American. :lol: Edited by Dark Qiviut