Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Lunar Republic and Solar Empire

GameytheGeemer

I thought about this a while back, and I can find no reason for the nomenclature people are using for a rediculous rivalry that probably doesn't exist.

Actually, my question is why isn't it reversed. Luna was raised and only knew about the equestrian government she ruled in 1000 years ago when this whole thing got started full force (post nightmare night from what I can tell) which is backed up that it was a much more traditional monarchy by such traditions she used like the royal voice and the Royal We, as well as still brandishing the power to make snap decisions on a national level.

Contrast to Celestia who from what we have seen may have the power to make the same kind of decisions Luna did (banishing a holiday) she actively goes out and talks with local (presumably elected) officials.

Their behavior is further cemented in the comics (since we haven't gotten much more on either of them from the show) where Celestia spends sun up from sun down working as a politician more as we see it, i.e. working with other officials to work out long term plans, while Luna takes on a more militant role in fighting the monsters and such, and the fact that over a year after her reformation she hadn't even been corrected once about calling the general population the Peasantry, and the game of living chess that she set up against Fancy Pants, citing her authority as princess as what should entitle her to be able to do such things (Luna Micro Comic)

So the question should be Solar Republic or Lunar Empire in a strictly government speaking.

Also, am I right for basically just thinking that this was a thing started by 4chan to try and vilify Celestia while glorifying Luna in spite of the former having still received a generally more positive characterization?

i don't believe the comic are canon so i am neutral on the whether it should be reversed or not.

And i am not sure if it was started on 4chan or not but it's stupid and it is basically a whole bunch of luna fanboys/girls thinking Celestia is a Tyrant. I don't really care much for it but i just don't like it when they are up in my face telling me to join there little hate group or whatever.  In the end i am loyal to the Two Ponyfied Creatures. Splendormane and Slendermane!