Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler MLP Season 5 episode 14 airs October 24? and really boring plot twists

ScarfaceOne

The show IS slice of life man, and the show never really had season long arcs. All things considered this season has had a lot of continuity callbacks and is building on the previous seasons. Plot points made this season will be brought into play next season, that's how it works. 

I would of liked Grogar myself, but the Starlight Glimmer episode has me hyped none the less, especially since she was spotted in the background in Amending Fences. If however you aren't finding the show enjoyable and instead are calling it "boring and inconsistent" 

I have to ask, and not in a confrontational way....Why are you watching it then? Seriously I never got people who would sit there and continue to harp on a show that just wasn't doing it for them anymore instead of just moving on to something else. That's what I do anyway, I just haven't had that reaction to mlp. 

There are plenty of good shows out there, I'm sure there is something that could fit your fancy, you don't have to watch a show that is making you so frustrated. 

Yeah but I will never give up being a brony, so long as something awesome happens. And it will be an essential part of my history even if I Did leave the fandom, which of course I won't do.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah but I will never give up being a brony, so long as something awesome happens. And it will be an essential part of my history even if I Did leave the fandom, which of course I won't do.

But you are basically boxing yourself in. You clearly aren't interested in the show, you make that pretty plain with your opinion in the opening post, yet you continue out of some obligation to the "fandom"

I like the show, and I like the fans and fan content, but if it ever came to a point where it just wasn't doing it for me anymore I would skip on out without batting an eye. Considering what I'm seeing that they got planned I don't see that happening anytime soon, but chaining myself to something I end up not liking sounds really unpleasant

Like Tommy Oliver, the dude was MISERABLE by the end of it, and he ended up blowing his leaving the fandom way out of proportion because he had boxed himself in and didn't see any other way out. JaxBlade is another one who left, and although he went infinitely more gracefully than tommy he did say that his love for the show just wasn't what it used to be and it was time for him to move on. 

And no one would stop you from looking at the fan content or the forums or whatever, I'm just saying, if the show isn't doing it for you you don't have to watch it. I'm not saying that in an angry way or anything, I'm saying that you don't have to subject yourself to something that just isn't for you anymore, there is nothing wrong with that. 

Season 2 didnt have story arc either. Every episode in season 2 didnt linked together and Shining came out of nowhere in finale without any hints, then what your problem with season 5? I thought mlp is slice of life... 

About the season 5 finale, they may throw us some big twists. You judge the episodes just by watching the animatic alone? I think they try to trick us  :ooh:

but on that note, Season 2 was early on in the show: you can't just do the same thing forever, you have to keep continually building and improving, yeah?

What I mean is that season 2 was fine to not have an arc because it was still early; at this point, if you just keep delivering the same thing as season 2, it'll feel like a step back and stagnant, especially after season 4. Even season 1 had a buildup to its finale!

But I just mean that, in order for the show to continue to keep attention and feel "fresh" they have to keep trying to evolve the show so its not just "repeat what we've done already", or it'll feel stale to older fans.

So basically what you are saying is is that the series revolves around Twilight too much? Sounds interesting.

I understand that Twilight is a central member of the mane six, but I DO feel that since S3 its started to revolve everything WAY too much around her. For example, S2's premier, Discord liked to troll Twilight, but she wasn't the big central figure of his plot, and Celestia talked about how all six of them have grown together and improved. S1 finale all of the mane six, no special focus. Season 3's premier and finale? its all about Twilight, and Season 4 the plots were likewise tailored to her.

In fact, what i found so refreshing about Rainbow rocks was how it SUBVERTED this by having another character, sunset shimmer, end up being the focus character for the movie and Twilight's role was to fail. While it may have just been exchanging one overfocus for another, I still felt it was a giant breath of fresh air compared to the norm.

I would agree with the 10/24 date because of the airdate for EQG 3, which is exactly 4 weeks prior. Announcing the back half of S5 during EQG 3 is the absolute best time to do it.

But you are basically boxing yourself in. You clearly aren't interested in the show, you make that pretty plain with your opinion in the opening post, yet you continue out of some obligation to the "fandom"

I like the show, and I like the fans and fan content, but if it ever came to a point where it just wasn't doing it for me anymore I would skip on out without batting an eye. Considering what I'm seeing that they got planned I don't see that happening anytime soon, but chaining myself to something I end up not liking sounds really unpleasant

Like Tommy Oliver, the dude was MISERABLE by the end of it, and he ended up blowing his leaving the fandom way out of proportion because he had boxed himself in and didn't see any other way out. JaxBlade is another one who left, and although he went infinitely more gracefully than tommy he did say that his love for the show just wasn't what it used to be and it was time for him to move on. 

And no one would stop you from looking at the fan content or the forums or whatever, I'm just saying, if the show isn't doing it for you you don't have to watch it. I'm not saying that in an angry way or anything, I'm saying that you don't have to subject yourself to something that just isn't for you anymore, there is nothing wrong with that. 

But I know the show will eventually get better, there is a movie coming out.

But I know the show will eventually get better, there is a movie coming out.

Keep in mind, there's no guarantee there. Equestria girls was a movie, and it was TERRIBLE.

Shows can get on a downward spiral and never really recover after all. (actually very common with long running shows). I'm hopeful, but just being devil's advocate here.

• Brohoof 1

to be honest this season isnt the best, so far there has been like 2 or 3 good episodes, the season premire for this season was not even good and also they're making us wait another while for the rest of the season like we never waited enough just for this season , i wouldn't be surpised if Larson was behind this, he sure knows how to piss off us

(edited)

Keep in mind, there's no guarantee there. Equestria girls was a movie, and it was TERRIBLE.

Shows can get on a downward spiral and never really recover after all. (actually very common with long running shows). I'm hopeful, but just being devil's advocate here.

You are correct, but I think that eventually next season will be the best ever, Grogar will appear for the first time. The problem is with Hasbro this season was they used the Classic Villain card relatively early, and it was the most powerful villain in G1, Smooze. And Discord had it, and the problem is, this makes Discord a massive hypocrite, he could have defeated Tirek using the Smooze. And instead, he betrayed everyone for Tirek, simply because he wasn't really getting along with everyone. What an idiot.

Also, regardless of how MLP is ''Slice of Life'', there are also adventure elements in it. So really, it's half slice of life, half adventure. Minecraft can be described the same.

The Fact that you said that Season 4's Story arc was so loose it could hardly be considered a story arc reminds me of a conversation I had about Five Nights at Freddy's, I basically was talking about FNAF, and someone argued that it had no real plot because the Plot is completely seperate from the gameplay, that's sort of not true, because most of it is played in minigames. And because the characters, apart from the Child in FNAF 4, have no real character development, but at least MLP has character development, even if it focuses on one character.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

That really is poor planning if they wanna wait THAT long. We were told the fifth season was done being made a long time before it started airing, so this is just an unnecessary and forced delay for a holiday episode.

Totally in agreement. It's been a rather recent annoying trend, that shows and movies have been parting their seasons and movies. Other than the blatant fact that the studios are trying to build hype and milk their loyal audience for more money, I can't think of a single situation where this happening has any positive effects on the fandom or the studios for that matter. :huh:

Let us have our season's un-split and satisfy their viewers, rather than their pockets. >_> 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My idea for a perfect season would be.

1. Grogar Returns.

2. A Massive War will happen that will decide the fate of Equestria.

3. The Ponies actually start to question the entire nature of Equestria.

4. The revelation comes in that Celestia and Luna and the Tree of Harmony are evil.

5. Starswirl comes in, reveals he is alive, kills Grogar, absorbs his power and threatens Equestria.

6. The Ponies make a treaty with the Changelings.

7. Shining Armor questions his aunt in law.

8. Discord becomes less anti-social.

Yeah, I know, it's difficult. And it probably is more of a final season Idea, and it may be complicated for girls to comprehend, but that would be the best season of MLP ever. Think about it, questioning the very existence of a world and it's origin would be fun.

And also, a sad Metal Gear Solid 3 inspired scene at the end, Twilight Kills Celestia, reluctantly. And she absorbs into the sun.

Actually, perhaps Hasbro should recruit me as a writer LOL :lol: .

Also, please don't tell me MLP is turning into Spongebob Squarepants, the entire reason why I started watching it was because of Youtube Poop, and the decline of Spongebob.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

True, once it slips up too many times it loses quality. Not staying consistent on it's programming date, and mediocre writing. Of course there will be an OMG NICE EPISODE moment for a second but it's not memorable because when the other episodes are cruddy the series as a whole gets smudged as it leaves no fond memories.

Equestria Girls was bad but it is better than Rainbow Rocks.

Edited by cider float

OK, I've just realized it now, MLP S4 was going to have a story arc, but it was vetoed by Hasbro. Because of Continuity Lockout, if a little girl gets to episode 20 and the story-arc is raging in that episode, she wouldn't know what the hell is going on. So Hasbro don't want story arcs. Please Hasbro, allow Season 6 to have a proper story arc.