Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Friends Forever #19 Rarity and the Cakes

Argumedies

In a nutshell, just another meh comic and ferther proves just how little the IDW staff cares about characterisation and originality

(spoilers... You've been warned)

In a word... It all boils down to "Redundency"

They've taken probably the three most "creative" characters in this entire story and used the most re-used characteristics for the contrivance of story plot.

In this episode

We have Rarity* and The Cakes through their respective business conduct yet another wedding episode, which leads into another wedding episode. BUT, toss in a convieneant high establishment 1%er whom dispite the fact their future ruler lives there, still looks down upon ponyville and plus the ever expanding nature of "kin folk", that soon leads in to yet another ill fated wedding episode desaster that it was meant to be.

*remind me to never get married in Equestria*

Come on IDW, its not like your even trying anymore

Edited by Blue Moon
Added a spoiler tag.
  • Brohoof 1

Definitely one of the weaker Friends Forever comics. I love the art(as expected from Brenda Hickey), but good art can only take you so far, especially since the story comes off as, imo, a shitty version of Rarity Takes Manehattan

• Brohoof 1

Personally I actually enjoyed the comic, though I will admit it was quite reminiscent of Rarity Takes Manehatten and Suited for Success. I thought the story flowed pretty well and didn't feel too rushed.

Saying that it relied a bit too heavily on the Rarity of old and never really felt memorable. It was fun though.