Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your ideal cake

Grtxkkyz

I'm actually not that fond of cake, in all honesty (for a few years, I refused to have anything more than a quick taste of my birthday cake) but I like the taste of a small stem ginger cake. :catface:I am so boring~ </3

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

The best cake, in the world, without question or exception, is opera cake. I normally have a "take it or leave it" attitude towards cakes, but this one is so good that I actually feel sorry for people who haven't eaten it yet (and also for myself, since it's both incredibly hard to procure in England and also very difficult to make). The best one I ever had was from a patisserie in Strasbourg, France - it was so good that I've actually unironically had a dream about it since visiting.

IMG_0032-2.jpeg

Honourable mentions to Prinsesstårta and Black Forest Gateau, who take the respectable podium positions in my cake ranking.

• 5 months later...

Something that’s not too sweet or chocolatey. I’m not much of a sweet tooth person, so maybe the perfect ideal for my cakes is either coffee favored cakes or a fruit cake. The cream has to be light, or cream cheese and also not one of those cheap cream that taste like cardboard. Most importantly NO.ICING. I can’t stand the taste of it. It has to be whipped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anybody familiar with atomic cake?

From the bottom it's white cake, banana pudding and bananas, banana cake, strawberries and strawberry glaze, chocolate cake,  and whipped cream.

Atomic Cake - Gastro Obscura

On 2021-07-15 at 7:16 PM, daviddaviddavid said:

The best cake, in the world, without question or exception, is opera cake. I normally have a "take it or leave it" attitude towards cakes, but this one is so good that I actually feel sorry for people who haven't eaten it yet (and also for myself, since it's both incredibly hard to procure in England and also very difficult to make). The best one I ever had was from a patisserie in Strasbourg, France - it was so good that I've actually unironically had a dream about it since visiting.

IMG_0032-2.jpeg

That looks really good. What's in it?

On 2015-07-23 at 3:14 AM, P-Jay said:

i think we all know what the best cake is...

8c5902f144e90d300ecf780e88490c6a.jpg

So glad somebody made it in real life. Wish I could have had a piece! :pinkie:

• 2 months later...
On 2021-07-18 at 7:17 PM, Clawdeen said:

You know....I’m not a big fan of sweets

If I had to pick it would be a devils food cake with chocolate icing,

My answer is still this. As soon as I saw the title that’s what I thought of. Devils food cake. Glad to see I’m still thinking the same way two years later.