Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your ideal pet?

Vulcan

My ideal realistic (since foxes are not considered good pets and are high maintenance and illegal in many areas) would be a snake, preferrably a ball python. I love them so much, they are adorable and are said to be great beginner snakes. Unfortunately my family doesn't really like snakes, so it may be a while before I own one.

Edited by Namae

• 1 year later...

If I could own any animal as a pet... Prepare yourself, this is gonna sound outlandish AF. :D

Spoiler

An Emperor Penguin

See? Told you it would be outlandish.
Having an Emperor Penguin kicking about would be both hilarious and adorable. Aye, Pingu would be its name. Mad Pingu would beat owning any kind of dog or cat, Penguins are the pets of the future lads. 👌 

• Brohoof 1

A Tyrannosaurus Rex. Now I know what you're thinking, but chances are I actually don't.

You'd think feeding the thing would be difficult but it'd be similar to driving a tank to work. No one is going to say no if I ask for something while having either of those, so food and parking spaces are always readily available, and they're free.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

i would love an african gray parrot !!! they’re so intelligent, and it would be nice to have a friend to talk to all the time :catface: 

or a dog! which, i have! here’s two pics of my fur-child:

5CEB343C-DFD0-495C-842E-F9DA3F8C09CF.thumb.jpeg.382fe9f95236e16b6c4fa5602d706579.jpeg

this is Bailey! she is just out of the bath in this one, poor girl :ButtercupLaugh: she’s usually way poofier! 

1D9C067A-6235-491A-93B5-E6373DE96A39.thumb.jpeg.bb7b3fad4c2178e7ecdee08cc826aaf6.jpeg

and this one is from right now. she’s taking her afternoon nap :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by brony_bonk

20 minutes ago, brony_bonk said:

i would love an african gray parrot !!! they’re so intelligent, and it would be nice to have a friend to talk to all the time :catface: 

or a dog! which, i have! here’s two pics of my fur-child:

5CEB343C-DFD0-495C-842E-F9DA3F8C09CF.thumb.jpeg.382fe9f95236e16b6c4fa5602d706579.jpeg

this is Bailey! she is just out of the bath in this one, poor girl :ButtercupLaugh: she’s usually way poofier! 

1D9C067A-6235-491A-93B5-E6373DE96A39.thumb.jpeg.bb7b3fad4c2178e7ecdee08cc826aaf6.jpeg

and this one is from right now. she’s taking her afternoon nap :mlp_yeehaa:

D'aww, she's so precious! What breed is she? :catface:

Moments ago, Cherrychip said:

D'aww, she's so precious! What breed is she? :catface:

thank you! she’s a little devil irl, she bites my fingers when i try to give her treats :unamused:

she’s a toy australian shepherd! she’s super duper tiny for an aussie, and that’s as big as she’s gonna get! 

• 3 weeks later...

It's literally impossible to improve on dogs, we truly don't deserve them. I've had dogs all through my life, since my parents wanted me to not be scared of them from a young age, and now I don't think I could ever live without one.

A black panther. I would put up a sign saying "Be aware of big cat" and most home invaders would go "Pffft". Jump over the fence and the not-so-small feline is sitting on the couch staring at the poor guy, scaring the ever living S out of him. 

Joking aside though, I would say a regular cat is ideal. I am kind of biased towards black cats because I owned one named Applejack many years ago. Should have a pic of her lying here somewhere..

Fictionally, it would be a combination of a cat and a serpent, a tiny cute floating creature that can transform into a giant cat dragon which can be used as a mount. 

In real life, I already have my ideal pets. Cats make me so happy unlike any other creature on this planet. They are glorious, eccentric beings that make life worth living.