Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Mlpforums not work on the Wii U browser?

Nintenboy195

Well, I've stumbled upon something quite inconvenient the other day. For some reason, the forums won't load on the Wii U browser. I don't know why, it worked fine before. And I tested it out on my friends Wii U and had the same results. I don't see this being fixed unless some pony knew. Was something modified in the code of the web or something? Please look into this. I liked this site best on there.

@@Nintenboy195

Just letting you know I moved your thread to Site Questions and Tech Support so it will get the proper attention. :)

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

@@Nintenboy195, we are already aware of this issue. Going to steal a quote of Jeric from this topic:

Correct. IPB 3.4.x and MLP Forums are not compatible with the WiiU browser, and there would be a bit of tinkering needed (for example including the JS object/scripting to access the controller) for it to even be viable. Currently there are tasks opened specifically to address Internet Explorer issues so this would not be a priority.

Now we are having a bigger issue with the Internet Explorer incompatibilities and the recently discovered incompatibilities with the new Microsoft Edge browser, so this sadly has a lesser priority in our fix list. Please have patience, as we are already aware of the incompatibility problems of the WiiU browser.
  • Brohoof 2

@@Nintenboy195, we are already aware of this issue. Going to steal a quote of Jeric from this topic:

Now we are having a bigger issue with the Internet Explorer incompatibilities and the recently discovered incompatibilities with the new Microsoft Edge browser, so this sadly has a lesser priority in our fix list. Please have patience, as we are already aware of the incompatibility problems of the WiiU browser.

Oh wow. Alright. I hope everything goes alright! ^^

Generally speaking I would imagine console browsers are a low priority in general mostly because people seldom use them.