Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike?

CastletonSnob

I really like Spike, I think he is a wonderful character. He has charm, he is cute, he is often funny and he works so well with other characters. He has great chemistry. It is just the use that he has had lately that is suffering. He is not getting much real development lately and he is getting pushed around waaaaaay too much. I wish we could see some episodes that he is the main star in that plays off of his strengths rather than his fumbling. He is a baby dragon so it makes since he would mess up a lot, but that should not be the sole focus when he is at the forefront. 

I love the character, that's why I wish they would do things a bit better for him. As a support character, he still is top notch, but on his own, it just is not working too good.

• Brohoof 12

I really like Spike, I think he is a wonderful character. He has charm, he is cute, he is often funny and he works so well with other characters. He has great chemistry. It is just the use that he has had lately that is suffering. He is not getting much real development lately and he is getting pushed around waaaaaay too much. I wish we could see some episodes that he is the main star in that plays off of his strengths rather than his fumbling. He is a baby dragon so it makes since he would mess up a lot, but that should not be the sole focus when he is at the forefront. 

I love the character, that's why I wish they would do things a bit better for him. As a support character, he still is top notch, but on his own, it just is not working too good.

When has he ever had character development?

• Brohoof 1

Spike is good pony on the BACKGROUND keep him there because when its his time to shine in his own episodes the whole episode turns out to be one joke. Its maybe funny in the first time but now its getting bit repetitive and its starting to define his character in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

When has he ever had character development?

He hasn't had much that I remember, that is part of the problem. Without developing his character much, they are going to keep hitting a brick wall with him. That is why they need to try and paint him much more of a positive light and perhaps focus more on his strengths at least a little bit.

Should they not make any more episodes for him?

He hasn't had much that I remember, that is part of the problem. Without developing his character much, they are going to keep hitting a brick wall with him. That is why they need to try and paint him much more of a positive light and perhaps focus more on his strengths at least a little bit.

Would you say he's the least developed main character in the show?

• Brohoof 1

Should they not make any more episodes for him?

Would you say he's the least developed main character in the show?

I would say he is definitely one of the least developed for sure, especially since he is nearly one of the mane 6. I will say that his episodes get good morals, and I can appreciate those, but the way they portray Spike to show these morals doesn't seem to work right. Like in Princess Spike, where he essentially just screws everything up and that is how the moral is put across. I don't think that is the best way to go about it. 

Because of that I don't think he should be written out at all, far from it, they just need to work with the character more and focus on some better aspects.

• Brohoof 1

Spike is my favourite character, he's really adorable and snuggly :squee:

Spike is one of the most boring character I have ever seen, the show would get 100% better if they removed him from it.

How so? How would be removed? Would he just dissappear all of a sudden...? He barely appears as often as the others in mane 6 episodes, there's no need to remove him from the show.

Spike is one of the most boring character I have ever seen, the show would get 100% better if they removed him from it. 

You're probably one of those fans who expect too much out of him. It's not like he does a ton of harm to the other characters in the show. 

Edited by Rocky

I love Spike though he does have problems character wise. Though that's all about how he's written in his episodes. In episodes when he's the main support, he's great. He's not the best character in the show but he's not the worst either. Unless you're one of those dummies who even after he's kept Twilight from going insane, always been there for her when she needs him, and saved the Crystal Empire twice STILL say he never does anything. 

• Brohoof 1

But doesn't that mean he's a bad character?

How is he going to get development without any more episodes?

Would you rather for him to keep getting upsides like Spike At Your Service and Princess Spike? The writers just don't know how to do a Spike episode right. 

Would you rather for him to keep getting upsides like Spike At Your Service and Princess Spike? The writers just don't know how to do a Spike episode right. 

How are they able to do every other character right?

Both of those episodes were great. 

How are they able to do every other character right?

I'm pretty much playing Devil's Advocate to fans who give Spike a hard time even though it's not his fault. I'm on your side.