Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Princess of Equestria?

碇 シンジン

I don't know about the main element, because the show hasnt directly addressed it that way only thing that the show has said is that Magic unites the other 5 elements it is the spark and you know 

when you lit a fire you need one spark not two and the fire continues after the spark is gone so I beleve the fire of passion burning in Raritys heart guides her to achieve the crown and she will be the next Princess

It would be useful to mention that she is THE element of magic. Sorry, but I still don't see why she would deserve to become a princess

I don't know about the main element, because the show hasnt directly addressed it that way only thing that the show has said is that Magic unites the other 5 elements it is the spark and you know 

when you lit a fire you need one spark not two and the fire continues after the spark is gone so I beleve the fire of passion burning in Raritys heart guides her to achieve the crown and she will be the next Princess

I'm sorry to say this, but, like I said before, Rarity doesn't deserve to be a princess.

Like I said, you need to deserve it, Rarity didn't do as many good things as Twilight. 

Edited by Caleb Urn

I'm sorry to say this, but, like I said before, Rarity doesn't deserve to be a princess.

Like I said, you need to deserve it, Rarity didn't do as many good things as Twilight. 

Well who is saying she has done the things yet but I think she will do something to achieve this goal

For now, there isn't any reason for Rarity to become a princess.

If she turned into a princess, the other ponies of the Mane Six would also have to turn into princesses, so the story makes more sense.

• Brohoof 1

hmm, celestias crown, chestpiece and shoes are yellowish....

FLUTTERSHY CONFIRMED PRINCESS WOOOOOOOO

Fluttershy_dressed_as_Princess_Celestia_

• Brohoof 5

She doesn't necessarily have to become an alicorn princess, she could be a unicorn princess. Shining armor is a prince, yet he's a unicorn. To say that she doesn't deserve it implies that her generosity, her need to give to others to the point where it's incredibly inconvenient to her, means absolutely nothing. If she does become some form of royalty I believe the rest of the mane six would as well. Each of them have a seat in Twilight's castle, each with their own cutie mark permanently etched into it. These seats are all the same height and style as Twilight's appears to be. This would make sense and would help progress the story by bringing a sense of equality back to the mane six. They have already been given tasks by the map, but have not been given official titles.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity always wants to be a princess that's why she wanted to get with Prince Blueblood. She loves the high life. It is a mystery that mares can only be a princess if they are an alicorn. I suppose of she marries a prince she could become a princess.

• Brohoof 1

I don't agree that Rarity would be a Terrible princess, just an...unfocused one. Her Talent is bringing out hidden beauty. I don't think that would work well with being a straight out ruler. However she is kind, Generous, and see's beauty in things others might not. Those are good traits. One's I want to emulate. 

However as far as her becoming a princess? I don't think that's in the cards. The Cutie Mark = Regila thing is probably just a coincidence. Don't get me wrong, if there was anyone who wanted it the most out of the Mane 6. It was Rarity. 

• Brohoof 1

No, clearly FLUTTERSHY is the one destined for Alicornhood!

827025__safe_fluttershy_text_alicorn_par

no, clearly she should be a QUEEN!

medium.png

• Brohoof 2

So many people are saying Rarity would be a bad princess.

Twilight was a very bad friend, and she is the Princess of Friendship now. People Ponies can change!

It is kinda unlikely to happen though.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly all this "TERRIBLE PRINCESS!" stuff makes me laugh. How is what Rarity's doing now much different than what Luna or Twilight are doing?

Only 2 of the princesses actually RULE anything! Luna's princess duties are being a magical beatstick and fighting monsters while giving advice to ponies in their dreams. Twilight's doing pretty much the same thing the other mane six are doing, I.E., just helping people with friendship problems and taking out Monsters whenever they show up.

While I KNOW the other 5 will NEVER become alicorns (That toy thing that showed up a couple days ago is almost certainly just a princess package deal name), I don't see *ANY* issue with the other 5 being princesses given the duties shown so far.
Being a "Princess" doesn't neccessarily seem to require rulership so much as watching over something.

commission__generosity_by_silfoe-d7vo843

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...

Great now it just feels like I didn't have the foresight to do this sooner... Now it just seems like I'm copying however it's good to know I was on to something... Great minds think alike after all. No, no this is all due to the fact that I hop on to trends later than others... But I am glad to see my post is not some cooked up theory based on my feeling for MLP's best pony. We all feel she's special :D

• Brohoof 1

Rarity may be a great princess. She's persuasive, she's friendly, she can handle stress, she knows how to get things done, she's intelligent, and she has great social skills. She is comfortable being the center of attention. I think the biggest problem that may hold Rarity back from becoming a great princess is her desire to be liked. Being hated by a lot of people goes along with being in a role of power. We have never seen ponies who hate the princesses, but I'm sure they exist. Twilight may be able to handle that while Rarity couldn't. Rarity would also make bad decisions because of the fear of being disliked by other ponies. Wanting to be liked is important for business. Rarity is a generally well liked pony which makes her business successful. Being well liked isn't too important for being a princess. In fact, wanting approval could lead to bad decisions. If Rarity learns to deal with not having approval, then she may be a great princess. As of now, she may be the best pony to be a princess of the remaining

Six. Yes, more than Starlight. Starlight hasn't had a chance to prove herself, and why is a special talent in magic a reason to be a princess? Twilight became a Princess, but it wasn't ultimately because of her special talent.

• Brohoof 3

I've felt for awhile now that Twilight's capabilities as a leader are dramatically overestimated by much of the fandom.

Twilight doesn't actually display much leadership in everyday life, particularly post-ascension. Despite becoming a princess and being given an enormous amount of political authority, her initial response wasn't to start trying to improve Equestrian society, but to stick her head in the sand and try to act like nothing had changed.

Even after supposedly discovering her purpose in "spreading friendship across Equestria", she doesn't actually *do* anything about it, instead waiting on a map to tell her what to do and lying around moping or complaining about boredom when she isn't among those selected for a task. Why isn't she actively traveling the nation trying to promote things like reform and social programs? Season 5 showed only two attempts made by her to exercise political authority in day to day circumstances, and neither was very flattering. Her diplomatic relations with the Yaks felt like just an attempt to prove herself to Celestia, one that would have ended in disaster if not for Pinkie. Her work on the summit in Princess Spike showed an obsessive need to micromanage everything herself instead of a willingness to delegate responsibility, an important attribute of leadership. As a result, she completely burnt herself out, a telling indication that such behavior is untenable in the long-term.

Ultimately, Twilight very rarely shows signs of being proactive, which is an *enormous* component of being a leader. She's spent most of her life relying on others to tell her what to do, whether it be Celestia or the map, and it baffles me why she's the leader of the Mane 6, much less a princess, beyond it being what the staff and Hasbro wanted. It made sense in the series premiere, given that she was the only one who had any idea what was going on, but it shouldn't have stuck after that. Most of her subsequent demonstrations of "leadership" have been little more than speaking shallow, trite platitudes about friendship.

Conversely, Rarity is without question the most proactive of the Mane 6. Entirely on her own, she built a successful business from the ground up, earned enough funds and influence to establish a second branch in the luxurious capital, and established and led at least one social program, the Ponytones, for the purpose of cultivating culture and artistry within her home town. No one was telling her to do these things; they were purely the result of her own initiative. She had ambitions and set out of her own accord to fulfill them, doing so through her own sweat and tears. Such vision and drive are essential qualities of leadership.

Between her ambition, intellect, work ethic, and social skills, Rarity would likely make for an effective general leader...if her heart were set on it. As it stands, however, her focuses are almost entirely on art and culture. Though she might fare reasonably well in other areas, such as foreign or economic policy, she simply doesn't have nearly the same passion for them. And it is passion, more than anything, that drives Rarity in nearly everything she does.

Were she made leader of every aspect of a community, her efforts would likely either be problematically lopsided or more balanced at the expense of her personal happiness. Neither outcome is ideal. Were she made the leader of a division of government dedicated to bettering Equestria culturally, however, the result would likely be an incredible renaissance.

Edited by Captain Sorzo
  • Brohoof 7

While there IS something going on with Princesses and Rarity (Both Celestia and Rarity are white-colored, by the way)

Rarity would be a horrible princess and I can't see her doing anything amazing like Twilight did to become a Alicorn.

While I don't want to see the rest of the mane 6 become alicorns, I am curious to see what would happen if Rarity got to take over the role of Princess Celestia.

I would totally like to see what and Equestria ruled over by her would be like.

• Brohoof 1

While there IS something going on with Princesses and Rarity (Both Celestia and Rarity are white-colored, by the way)

Rarity would be a horrible princess and I can't see her doing anything amazing like Twilight did to become a Alicorn.

I don't see what twilight did to become an alicorn, twilight didn't do anything amazing but be a friend.

And i think rarity would be a great princess.

I totally Agree with @Captain Sorzo

• Brohoof 2