Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Should I keep windows 10? Or revert?

Fleur-De-Lis

To keep or not to?  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Should I keep Windows 10 or Revert to Windows 7?

• Yes. Keep Windows 10
    • No. Revert back to Windows 7

So basically, I want to decide whether or not to keep windows 10 or revert back to my previous OS, Windows 7. You know, before that 30 days are up and I can no longer revert to 7 (conveniently). I can't quite bring myself to make a decision so I figure I would get some opinions and feedback on what to do.

I am really tired right now, but I want to get this thread started so I can start getting some opinions. Answer yes or no in the poll, and state reasons on why if you so choose.

Here is a thread on the one problem I have had with Windows 10 so far. You know, not including the controversies and questionable decisions Microsoft is making or made, etc. I will be back and polish the thread later.

Side note: I use ONLY an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet, however there is a possibility I may have to buy a wireless card or adapter for the desktop. I bring this up only because some people apparently have trouble with using Wi-Fi on windows 10 for whatever reason.

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

I connect at home with a cable. I like 10, I see no reason to revert. I'm having no problems with it whatsoever.

I personally think that Windows 7 is the best Windows, and always keep it as the one emergency Windows computer in my house. Everything else is OSX or Linux. I hated Windows 8 and 8.1 (as a desktop OS), so if Windows 10 is anything like those, I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

My Reasoning: Windows 7 is my favorite overall. Chances are Windows 10 is a good version based on their track record. With Windows you always want to skip every other version like Windows Vista and Windows 8. So since Windows 10 is next in line, it must be the good version.

My Rig: ASUS Gaming Laptop with Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 2GB of video memory, 16GB of RAM, Intel i7 CPU

I'm going to keep it. I enjoy it's advantages too much. Xbox and DX12 and the Desktop are awesome. It's free. Steam works. Emulators works. Haven't seen a bunch of negatives. That stupid Metro View from Windows 8 is still there but they don't shove it in your face this time, They make it sit in the very back where it belongs. :sneer:​ Start Menu is there. Desktop is there.

My Reasoning: Windows 7 is my favorite overall. Chances are Windows 10 is a good version based on their track record. With Windows you always want to skip every other version like Windows Vista and Windows 8. So since Windows 10 is next in line, it must be the good version.

My Rig: ASUS Gaming Laptop with Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 2GB of video memory, 16GB of RAM, Intel i7 CPU

I'm going to keep it. I enjoy it's advantages too much. Xbox and DX12 and the Desktop are awesome. It's free. Steam works. Emulators works. Haven't seen a bunch of negatives. That stupid Metro View from Windows 8 is still there but they don't shove it in your face this time, They make it sit in the very back where it belongs. :sneer:​ Start Menu is there. Desktop is there.

you can also install a 7 shell mod for it to look and act like 7

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I find Windows 10 to be pretty stable and a smooth transition from 8.1 (besides the corrupted GPU drivers + clean reinstall). The only beef I've had with it, is Cortana and the keylogging that comes with it. Thankfully, it can be disabled. 

I use a homeplug for my connection, and so far no problems with that. Most games work just fine and run even better than they did on 7 + faster boot time. I can't really give much more info since I use my computer exclusively for gaming and school work, nothing too technical 

I say keep it, I have it on my computer right now and I think it is pretty nice. Nothing wrong with it so far. My computer just is meh mainly.

Better then 8.1, maybe a bit better then 7 in my opinion, so I say keep it. Getting used to it should not be hard at all.

By the looks of the votes it looks like I will keep it around. I don't think I will have any other technical issues so it should be fine ... or at least it better be!

Funny how the two people who voted no, did not post on as to why I shouldn't keep windows 10 over windows 7.

Thanks for your feedback and votes, I suppose I will keep windows 10 for now then. Feel free to keep voting and commenting, the thread could probably just be used as a consensus afterwards, that is, for those thinking about which OS to keep.

I reverted it back to Windows 8 after seeing Windows 10 doing more harm than good, from unexpected restarts to PC games closing randomly from Windows 10. Until Microsoft can fix those flaws, I'm sticking with Windows 8. No way am I going near Windows 10, at all.  :okiedokielokie: