Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

extracting dialogue/vocals from the show

BlueBrony

I was wondering if any of yall have a good way to extract the dialogue or vocals from the show without picking up the background music or sound effects. I currently have a method that kind-of works using audacity, but it lowers the quality slightly and still picks up part of the background music. Ideally, I would like to use short sound clips in my brony music like some other brony artists do.

Have you tried extracting them from a 5.1 surround track or just stereo? The vocals should be more if not entirely isolated from the background music.

Ok, good point. I think I have only been pulling from stereo tracks. Now, to find a way to get 5.1 surround tracks...

What I do to extract certain quotes is load up the file in itunes. I then snip it down using right-click then clicking "get info" I then snip it in the options menu.

Cool. I prefer using audacity to edit files, but that definitely works too. This is going to improve my song SO MUCH.

http://mlptf2mods.com/tutorials/resource-materials

There, take a look. It's got a lot of things and I love to use it. 

That's awesome. I feel like getting into brony music, I'll totally use those. To answer the main question: I'm afraid that extracting the voice alone from a bounced stereo audio track perfectly is pretty much impossible. You can try several different methods of gating, phase cancellation, etc but there will always be artifacts and tone degradation. It's like trying to pick the carrots out of a stew, the carrots will always be covered in gravy and even if you try and wash it off it will never taste the same as a raw carrot.

• Brohoof 1