Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the ponies of Equestria had been nocturnal?

melody5697

I thought of this about 15 minutes ago. What if everypony had slept through Celestia's day instead of Luna's night? How would Celestia have reacted? Would it have been as painful for her as it was for Luna? Would she have become evil?

What if everypony was diurnal when Celie and Luna first became princesses but they became nocturnal after Luna learned to move the stars and created constellations?

Edited by melody5697
  • Brohoof 2

I think that would be unproductive for the ponies to sleep during the day. Also, Luna would have to be awake during the day in order to utilize her dream walking abilities, which Celestia can't do. I'm sure they would just reverse the ponies' sleeping habits through magical intervention.

I think that would be unproductive for the ponies to sleep during the day. Also, Luna would have to be awake during the day in order to utilize her dream walking abilities, which Celestia can't do. I'm sure they would just reverse the ponies' sleeping habits through magical intervention.

I don't think Luna dream walked before she became Nightmare Moon. She could, but she probably didn't see any point in it. In "The Journal of the Two Sisters" she said that Celestia is way better at keeping ponies calm when they're afraid, so she probably didn't think she'd be good at helping ponies with their nightmares. If she had been dream walking she wouldn't have been so lonely and maybe she wouldn't have become Nightmare Moon.

I thought of this about 15 minutes ago. What if everypony had slept through Celestia's day instead of Luna's night? How would Celestia have reacted? Would it have been as painful for her as it was for Luna? Would she have become evil?

What if everypony was diurnal when Celie and Luna first became princesses but they became nocturnal after Luna learned to move the stars and created constellations?

Did Luna move stars and create constellations? I thought she just moved the moon.

Did Luna move stars and create constellations? I thought she just moved the moon.

She moved the stars, too. "The Journal of the Two Sisters" implies that she learns to move the stars eventually.

Then, in your opinion, where did that power come from and why did she utilize it after she returned?

If you read more carefully, you will see that I said she could dream walk before too. She just didn't. Maybe she started dream walking because she realized that she could use that ability to help others with their nightmares.

But this thread isn't supposed to be about Luna. It's supposed to be about Celestia.

I don't think Luna would have gotten so enraged. I think celestia would be mature enough to realize the importance of her role and not focus on everyponys opinion if everyone slept through the day and Luna would feel equal or at least more relevant.

Luna would have to delegate dream duties.  I have a hard time believing that she doesn't do that already because one pony watching over everypony's dreams is on the same level as santa claus delivering toys to every person in one night.

Otherwise she is just dealing with a few select ponies near canterlot and just feeling good about herself when she intervenes in a foal's nightmare.