Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What has been the worst meal you ever had?

Reecejackox

I tried the American version of corn on the cob once and holy shit, it was flavorless. Just butter and nothing else, really? But maybe that's because I was raised on the Mexican version of it, with Tapitio and queso fresco. Tastes way better then just butter

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Worst one that I can remember was at my friend's house - he tried to cook chicken livers fried in garlic (he knows I'm a fan of chicken liver, nature's multivitamin baby) and he burnt them to a blackened crisp - was literally inedible. This same friend also eats egg whites mixed with oats for breakfast, so I'm convinced he doesn't have working tastebuds

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

It's a three way tie between this Chinese food I had, literally everything from my local McDonalds has been disgusting recently and the past three meals I had from TGI Fridays were terrible too.

Chicken noodle soup at a hospital. It. Tasted. Awful. It had basically no taste and was dry! HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP DRY?? It’s SOUP! Served alongside it was gross ass mashed potatoes and gravy with the gravy tasting like wallpaper paste. Just awful all around.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I lived in Flagstaff AZ,  we went to downtown dinner and ordered a steak samwhich and fries....

• The steak was dryer then the freaking road ppl drive on
  • No onions at all,  no taste it was like eating a boot of heel on the first bite
  • The bun was stale........
  • Fries,  the  ocean would have cried at the taste of the salt on these tatter rejects :unamused:
  • Sad 2

Panda Express - sweet and sour beef, and egg rolls

The sweet and sour beef had this gloopy, overly sweet sauce with a texture I can only describe as "booger", and the beef and veggies were overcooked.

The egg rolls I got with it were tacky and lukewarm. Everything was lukewarm.

_____

This other place called Wow Bao - two buns, three egg rolls, and a teriyaki rice bowl

The bao were only tennis ball sized, not softball, which is how I like them. They were leathery all around and dense, and only had like a tablespoon of filling. Not only this, but I ordered four and instead got two. Kind of a letdown.

The teriyaki rice bowl wasn't much better: overcooked meat and veggies, underwhelming sauce, moist rice. 

The egg rolls were the best part of that meal.

• 2 weeks later...

I think about 4 years ago I was on a vacation with my family and we went to a restaurant. Literally all of the food there smelled and tasted like an old abandoned house and yet everyone else eating there liked it... I also think any type of school lunch is disgusting.