Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Mechquestria: A Robo-Ponies RP

Denim&Venöm

It's the future. Humans and ponies have made contact. Technology was introduced to ponies. Ponies used magic to further technological advances light years ahead, creating the worlds first technomagical devices, machines and programs.  They made advanced cyborg parts could be equipped and controlled from a distance. Eventually, entire robot bodies were built and controlled from home. A living mind could be digitized and permanently installed into a robot body. Eventually, Equestria developed the first self aware machines. Thinking, feeling, robots.  A century later, Equestria has become a futuristic utopia. Princess Twilight now presides over the nation from within her own metallic chassis. Robotic ponies and cyborgs of all shapes, sizes and makes, now go about their lives among towering skylines. 

As far as I can tell, this RP will be the first to feature the option for robotic or cyborg characters. Though it isn't required. You can still play a regular pony or other creature in a futuristic world. Just about anything within reason is acceptable. The RP will be mostly slice of life, but will have a bit of an adventurous start. 

All I'll need from you guys are:

Name:

-Are you a living being?

-Are you a cyborg?

-Are you a robot? If so, were you built, or were transferred to a robot body? 

Race:

Age/Years of Operation:

Cutie mark (if applicable) (yes, robots can get those too):

Appearance:

Or just post a character link: 

Applications from co-GMs are welcome. 

Link to RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/137736-mechquestria-my-life-as-an-equine-robot/

Edited by Denim&Venom

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting. Do I just have to describe my pony through the info needed, or do I need to make a full character sheet along with bios?

Also, will there be a lot of combat? If not, what will this rp include?

One more thing, can you make not only the one pony OC, but also a human to accompany them?

Sounds interesting. Do I just have to describe my pony through the info needed, or do I need to make a full character sheet along with bios?

Also, will there be a lot of combat? If not, what will this rp include?

One more thing, can you make not only the one pony OC, but also a human to accompany them?

The info needed will work, unless you want to make a full character bio to expand upon them further. 

For the most part no, the RP won't be combat oriented. Btu there will be some action at the start to get things going. It's going to be mostly slice of life, involvign how the pony bots, cyborgs and naturals all interact with each other, the rest of the world, which hasn't updated as rapidly, and the human world.  

You can make a human OC, but they technically wouldn't be human where the game mostly takes place. One thing I was going to elaborate on in story, was that humans can't cross into Equestria due to the hazards ambient magic has on them.

So humans either interact with ponies by controlling an android from all the way back on earth, seeing, hearing and feeling everything it does. Or they permanently upload into a robot and stay in Equestria. 

• Brohoof 1

Name: Neo

Status: Cyborg. Mostly flesh and blood except for a computer port in the head, connected to the right eye and metal hooves with many places for new inventions made by Neo. Such as, a pony exoskeleton, metal wings with carbon fiber webbing, and an electromagnetic outputting unit (EOU) that connects a port in his head in the shape of a horn. (Still in beta form)

Race: Earth Pony

Age/Years of Operation: 25 years being flesh and blood + 5 years of operation as a cyborg

Cutie mark: A hammer in between two metallic wings

Appearance: A scruffy grey stallion with a 4 in. long dark brown mane and no tail. His left eye glowing green, connected to his head port.

Anything you'd like me to add?

Edited by Xiflelin

@Darkly SteamGear

I'm not going for a dark RP here. You're gonna have to cut down on the weapons. Keep like two or three at most. Tone him down quite a bit and make him more approachable, maybe as an off kilter oddball of sorts, and he can be accepted. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to say no. 

@Xiflelin

No, that'll work for now. If I need anything else, I'll ask. Being an inventor, he sounds like an older pony. The RP will be starting at a university. Would you be interested in being a professor, a lab technician or a consultant? 

• 2 months later...

Name......Nocturne

Status....Robotic,mind transferred from unicorn.

Race......Male Robotic Unicorn.

Age.......20 years of flesh and blood, 3 years of operation.

Occupation...Scientist.

Cutie Mark...Black and White spiral.

Appearance...Deep Blue with red streaks in short mane and tail.

Light blue mechanized eyes.

Are you still taking applications?

If so

Name:hidden heart

Race: pegasus

Age/Years of Operation:15

Cutie mark :heart with the assassin order's logo

Appearance:post-35117-0-28152100-1447945406_thumb.png

always wearing this:

post-35117-0-82703200-1447945514.jpeg

@@Denim&Venom,

I can see Banner slowly breaking down as she cant beat the cyborgs and robots when she train's with them and is slowly thinking that she may want to get stronger...if its in a university then I can see a sort of club of military or a more practical boxing (fighting) club. So I want to put in Banner.

hey @@Yoshikupo, fancy seeing banner here.

Anyway sound kinda fun a non-combat Rp would be nice gonna submit Emerald see Sig for entry and willing to Co-DM if you'll have me. (Like doing it really already DMing the Trotting dead) so have some XP tell me if you want my OC to have vampirism and if so what version. If not can work with that too,

@@Professor 101,

Accepted.

@@redshell,

Outside of the beggining, I don't plan on this being a combat RP, so an assasin might be a difficult play for you here.

I mean if you're going to be undercover for most of it, that's fine, But this isn't a dark RP. I'll allow for now, but try to keep in line with the themes.

@@Yoshikupo,

Accepted. She can be a student on the GI bill, or she can be a guard assigned to the reaserch facility.

@@VinylWubs, Accepted. I can see her being accepted at the university at an early age, perhaps even as part of the "medical staff"

@, Is she living, cyborg or robot? I can have vampirism work if she's the latter two, have her drain power from buildings, outlets and other mechs. I can also see her being sent to guard the reaserch department by Robi princess Twi herself. Either that or she's on the GI bill / undercover.

@, Is she living, cyborg or robot? I can have vampirism work if she's the latter two, have her drain power from buildings, outlets and other mechs. I can also see her being sent to guard the reaserch department by Robi princess Twi herself. Either that or she's on the GI bill / undercover.

@@Denim&Venom,  She is alive well you know (unliving and so be roughly 120-130 years of age) and I'll go for the 3rd option gives me more choice but otherwise cheers.

@@Denim&Venom,

I was hoping I wasn't too late to join. My OC would be suited for this,though he is just a "normal" pegasi pony. 

Name: Sentinel Drone

Race: Pegasi

Occupation: Part Time Bounty Hunter/ Cybernetic and Robotic Engineer

Cutie Mark: A sparking circuit board.

Appearance: White fur with blue mane and tail with copper highlights

Bio (optional): He is a energetic,kind,and quite funny young stallion,his favorite thing to do is talk to ponies about technology or anything in general,but he especially enjoys female company more than anything. Though,he is energetic most times,his ability to suppress his emotions are impeccable,He's quite distant when he gets wrapped up in his work,even if its minuscule things,such as gluing together a toy.He was raised fairly well,though he has a few issues with depression here and there,he is normally happy though.Though a while back he had a crash when he was flying at supersonic speeds,this cause him to have slight amnesia and inhibited his ability to move for some time,so he created an electronic device what allowed him to move again,it was inserted at the base of his skull and he is now slightly enhanced in speed,strength and intelligence,not to say he wasn't on super-genius level when he created the device. He loves poems,and music,especially country music,and even some rap,and the occasional Dubstep song.He also created a mechanized suit that protects him from bodily harm,it also lets him have enhanced strength,and it even lets him fly at supersonic speeds,and the suit also has two .50 cal Dragon HMGs out of his shoulders,though a setback about it is it's slightly bulky and isn't very nimble in flight,though he can still fly at MACH 10,he has to use rocket boosters to help him fly faster in the suit. he also has 1 50mm cannon in his right forearm,it is shortened to a manageable length,but nonetheless powerful or accurate. The suit's name is Excalibur,and it's voice is slightly eerie and meant to be on the darker side.

I hope you accept him,if there needs to be any changes let me know.

Edited by Aurora Lights

@@Aurora Lights,

Keep in mind, he probably won't have much use as a bounty hunter outside of the start of the story, as this will be taking place around a university campus. But for now, accepted.

@, Oh yeah, and you've been approved as co-gm.

Let's hold off on posting till later tommmorow. I'm currently at Ciderfest and I'm posting between panels.

I don't want to start because i'd like to see what the idea the DM is going for actually they are usually the first to post on there own RP's so they can set the tone.

I don't want to start because i'd like to see what the idea the DM is going for actually there are usually the first to post on there own RP's so they can set the tone.

Same here. Starting the Roleplay off for me is.. Quite uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 1

Uhm... hiya.

May I try?

Name: Grant Edison House / Twitch Glitch

Race: Human / Complex Remote Robot (NO A.I.)

Age/Years of Operation: 28 / 5 months

Cutie mark (if applicable): A cracked computer monitor with a blue screen

Appearance:

Grant is tall (6'5"), but extremely skinny (due to illness), long brown hair, one green eye and one blue

Twitch is short for a stallion, but robust-looking, gray outer shell with a neon green mane/tail, his eyes match Grant's

BIO:

Grant has an illness that keeps him bedridden constantly.  When he discovered Equestria, he set about using his tech skills to create his own "ponysona", so he could explore this new world.  The TWiT.ch GL-1T.ch model robot he constructed is still working out a few kinks in the system, but he worries that he'll die before he gets the chance to try it - so he sends it through before it's truly ready.  If he can get the hang of it (and if he can figure out how to do it), he plans to download himself into Twitch permanently, before his body gives out.

Twitch is a homemade (yet very well-constructed) stallion animatronic; he has no actual brain of his own, as he is controlled from the human world by Grant.  The system has a few bugs in it, so Twitch is prone to random spazzes, shakes and other strangeness, and his speech patterns are erratic, due to the interference between worlds.  If Grant can use Twitch to infiltrate the Equestrian Nation, he plans to find out how to download his mind into Glitch, and leave his ailing body behind once and for all.