Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could the new baby be the best thing to happen to the Empire yet?

ggg-2

Hear me out. Yes, Shining Armor and Cadance having a child is heartwarming in and of itself. But could it have a bigger meaning for the Crystal Ponies as a whole? For many of them, they had to endure Sombra's tyranny their whole lives, and many said they remember nothing from before Sombra's reign. Many, if not all of them, are experiencing having kind rulers for the first time, and now a new heir to the throne will be born. So is the baby the ultimate crowning moment of heartwarming for the Empire?

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

I know it's highly likely that the IDW comics may not cross over to the FiM series, but I think it'll be cool if the baby was a reincarnation of "Hope"....Sombra's former love before he turned evil...in the comics it was said she was destined to be the next Crystal Empire Princess. So it'll fit in if she's born a unicorn or Pegasus but naturally grows to earn the alicorn status and be rightful ruler.

But that's just my desires for a future plot. Could even mean the return of Sombra someway

• Brohoof 1

They will probably be very happy about it, yes. Equestria will probably be filled with the aurora rainbowrealis or whatever the Crystal Heart makes. :P

Though, I would say being freed from their long-time tyrant probably was the best of the best things that could happen to the Empire so far. I think the new heir is just the icing on the cake of a bigger good moment for 'em. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

It will definitely be the biggest celebration in the Crystal Empire since the Equestria Games.

I know it's highly likely that the IDW comics may not cross over to the FiM series, but I think it'll be cool if the baby was a reincarnation of "Hope"....Sombra's former love before he turned evil...in the comics it was said she was destined to be the next Crystal Empire Princess. So it'll fit in if she's born a unicorn or Pegasus but naturally grows to earn the alicorn status and be rightful ruler.

Your idea is cool (I should try out the comics) but I doubt whether it will happen. I am not sure if they will even give much emphasis on the baby, atleast for a long time.