Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else want to see earth ponies throwing fireballs?

KillerKingBakudan

Being the third most popular means nothing if you only get eight people that care about them.

That argument is bullshit and you know it. You can't suddenly decide that the poll is irrelevant because not enough people have voted on it if your used the exact same poll to prove your point.

Yes, the alicorns that are considered OP. Of course they're gonna get beat.

First of all, that makes no goddamn sense. Second, so why do you think that making earth ponies more OP would make them more popular?

• Brohoof 2

That argument is bullshit and you know it. You can't suddenly decide that the poll is irrelevant because not enough people have voted on it if your used the exact same poll to prove your point.

No, but you can sure as hell take information from it that IS relevant to the point you're trying to make. Yeah, earth ponies are more popular than donkeys. So what? Eight voters is still a lot less than 17 or 21.

First of all, that makes no goddamn sense. Second, so why do you think that making earth ponies more OP would make them more popular?

Ummm.... you said it, not me. Unicorns have telekinesis. Does that make them OP to you?

Ummm.... you said it, not me. Unicorns have telekinesis. Does that make them OP to you?

Nope, but their telekinesis is very limited.

No, but you can sure as hell take information from it that IS relevant to the point you're trying to make. Yeah, earth ponies are more popular than donkeys. So what? Eight voters is still a lot less than 17 or 21.

And eight voters is still more than two and five. Earth ponies may not be as popular as the pegasi and unicorns but they are way more popular than you think.

• Brohoof 1

They're the least popular of the main three races. The others just seem to be there for reasons.

I don't know if you realize this, but Pinkie's strong enough to push heavier things than a spout. She's lifted entire boulders before. Did you not see what she did when the mane six were looking for Starlight's village? If anything, her strength got jacked somehow when she got the wrong cutie mark. And even if it was her hind leg that got stuck, you can't break anything if you don't assume the right form. You have to put your whole body into it, not just your front limbs. If anything is hindering your movement, especially on a surface that's unstable like a giant pile of rocks, you're going to have problems.

At the end of the day, learning martial arts is just a choice, which two of the mane six had already done. No, you don't need to learn it to do whatever you do for a living, and why you feel the need to keep bringing that up that is beyond me. Fireballs in fiction are always used for combat, but who says they have to be? That's like saying a comic book character's powers shouldn't be used for anything but combat, since that's what they're always using them for.

If your feet are on the ground you can push things up better, you can assume a way better form stuck to the ground hooves to the ground than someone hovering in the air. Maud Pie was hovering in the air bashing the rock in. At most a jump would allow her to just make one heavy punch in but she kept on going. If you've been properly reading what I wrote throwing fireballs is in the combative side of martial arts so you keep bringing up martial arts as a "way of life" or for anything other than combat is irrelevant. You're the one saying they should be able to throw fireballs not use meditation and exercise from martial arts.

Edited by cider float

(edited)

If your feet are on the ground you can push things up better, you can assume a way better form stuck to the ground hooves to the ground than someone hovering in the air. Maud Pie was hovering in the air bashing the rock in. At most a jump would allow her to just make one heavy punch in but she kept on going. 

Except the surface that Pinkie was on was uneven, shaking and close to falling apart. 

If you've been properly reading what I wrote throwing fireballs is in the combative side of martial arts so you keep bringing up martial arts as a "way of life" or for anything other than combat is irrelevant. You're the one saying they should be able to throw fireballs not use meditation and exercise from martial arts.

It doesn't matter. You're talking as if fireballs can't be done in situations OTHER than combat. And if you've read what I wrote, you'd know that's absurd.

I mentioned comic book characters in my last post. They can put their powers to use for lots of different things, not just beating the shit out of somebody else that's using powers to commit crimes. A martial artist that throws fireballs can very well do one without trying to blast somebody. And the only reason I'm bringing up martial arts being a lifestyle is because YOU are the one who kept reiterating that MLP isn't about fighting, even though it's been demonstrated that certain ponies can. 

The only thing your argument boils down to is you don't want to see fireballs because you don't like it. I don't like sports, but I'm not gonna say that sporting events don't belong in MLP, or say that ponies shouldn't do anything athletic because they didn't improve their strength or speed to compete with each other. Applejack's not an athlete. That doesn't make Fall Weather Friends a crappy episode because of it. 

Nope, but their telekinesis is very limited.

Fireballs can be limited too. Not every one of them in fiction is on the level of DBZ shit.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

The only thing your argument boils down to is you don't want to see fireballs because you don't like it. I don't like sports, but I'm not gonna say that sporting events don't belong in MLP,

And the only argument you have is "martial arts exist so why shouldn't they be able to throw fireballs?", and that is a rather dumb argument. Dragons exist in Equestria but that doesn't mean that dragonborn does.

It doesn't matter. You're talking as if fireballs can't be done in situations OTHER than combat. And if you've read what I wrote, you'd know that's absurd.

I can use a flame thrower to make toast but it's still a weapon.

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

And the only argument you have is "martial arts exist so why shouldn't they be able to throw fireballs?", and that is a rather dumb argument. Dragons exist in Equestria but that doesn't mean that dragonborn does.

No shit. But if they seriously wanted to put a dragon/pony hybrid in the show, they probably could. They crossed Fluttershy with a goddamned fruit bat.

I can use a flame thrower to make toast but it's still a weapon.

Using a technique to cut back on time and resources for labor as opposed to blowing thousands on a gun to do the same thing a toaster can? Bad analogy.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

Using a technique to cut back on time and resources for labor as opposed to blowing thousands on a gun to do the same thing a toaster can? Bad analogy.

I'm sorry but how can you use a fireball to cut back on time and resources?

t

You completely missed the point. A fireball is an technique that is supposed to be used in fighting and it doesn't stop being an technique that is supposed to be used in fighting even if you use it to "save time and resources" (not that you could do that with a fireball but still).

No shit. But if they seriously wanted to put a dragon/pony hybrid in the show, they probably could. They crossed Fluttershy with a goddamned fruit bat.

This doesn't have anything to do with with my point, which was that just because X exist doesn't mean that Y does. Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry but how can you use a fireball to cut back on time and resources?

I already gave examples.

[…]if Applejack wanted to farm more efficiently, she could throw a fireball to clear more land and turn the wood ash into natural fertilizer all at once. If a dinner party in Canterlot is planned, but there's not enough time to heat up all the desserts with conventional ovens, she could just throw a fireball and BAM, all the pies are baked and ready to go.

you mean like this: attachicon.gifDark pone horse thing.png ? yes. that is earth. just with a mask XD but is that how you mean? Earth ponies having pyromancy?

Nope. I'm talking about earth ponies chucking pure energy. Like this.

post-30713-0-54508200-1449132158_thumb.jpg

We have seen what Maud Pie Does to Gigantic Boulders that have downward Kinetic energy behind them due to them falling down a hill.

Imagine what she would do to another pony or anypony else if she got into a serious to the death fight with them?

I already gave examples.

[…]if Applejack wanted to farm more efficiently, she could throw a fireball to clear more land and turn the wood ash into natural fertilizer all at once. If a dinner party in Canterlot is planned, but there's not enough time to heat up all the desserts with conventional ovens, she could just throw a fireball and BAM, all the pies are baked and ready to go

So it would be exactly like using a flamethrower to make toast. It saves time and resources but it's extremely stupid and dangerous.
  • Brohoof 1

So it would be exactly like using a flamethrower to make toast. It saves time and resources but it's extremely stupid and dangerous.

Don't forget that it would be destroying the pies/toast.

Edited by Yamet

If it's being done by an amateur, yes. Just like anything you could use for labor in general. Accidents do happen at the workplace.

But making toast is a small task that doesn't require something as cumbersome as a flamethrower anyway. I'm talking about big tasks that would take a whole day to finish.  

But making toast is a small task that doesn't require something as cumbersome as a flamethrower anyway. I'm talking about big tasks that would take a whole day to finish.

I'm sorry. It's like using a flamethrower to make 10.000 pieces of toast. Is that a better metaphor?
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...