Female Bronies  

194 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call female bronies?

• Brony
    • Pegasister
    • Filly
    • Bronette
    • Pegasis

Okay, so if bronies are boys and pegasisters are girls and we all have to stay in our little boxes with our little labels then we better start coming up with terms for the transgendered, hermaphrodites, gays, asexual and whoever else because heaven forbid we have a conversation with someone without knowing exactly where they stand sexually.

As for being jealous, ummm... Yeah, when shows like Hot in Cleveland describe bronies as "adult male fans of the show My Little Pony" I feel oh so jealous that I'm not being included in the ridicule and comments like "i bet they are all a bunch of perverts" that follows.

I'm proud to be a brony regardless of the attention, not because of it.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so if bronies are boys and pegasisters are girls and we all have to stay in our little boxes with our little labels then we better start coming up with terms for the transgendered, hermaphrodites, gays, asexual and whoever else because heaven forbid we have a conversation with someone without knowing exactly where they stand sexually.

As for being jealous, ummm... Yeah, when shows like Hot in Cleveland describe bronies as "adult male fans of the show My Little Pony" I feel oh so jealous that I'm not being included in the ridicule and comments like "i bet they are all a bunch of perverts" that follows.

I'm proud to be a brony regardless of the attention, not because of it.

I don't know about you but I get a bit bothered and slightly offended when any T.V show or media outlet even mentions the MLP fanbase, because it is never, and I can't stress that never bit enough, never in a positive light.

1.Awesome Rainbow Dash picture. How do you get it to move? It's Awesome. RD is my favorite main 6 pony. 2. but bro comes from boy. a boy is a bro. but a girl is a girl. so how can they? Also, if their a brony how can you tell if their a boy or a girl?

1.Awesome Rainbow Dash picture. How do you get it to move? It's Awesome. RD is my favorite main 6 pony. 2. but bro comes from boy. a boy is a bro. but a girl is a girl. so how can they? Also, if their a brony how can you tell if their a boy or a girl?

I can answer the first question: It's a series of pictures [each] in .gif format, and animated with a image animator program. What happens is the browser is simply placing one gif after another into that same space. Your eye just perceives it as a fluid movement, kind of like a flip book. As for the Brony/Pegasister qualm, I have to agree with you. Bro=Brother. Point made.

I agree with TC here. The terms "brony" and "pegasister" were derived and each gender have been classified into each. I know I'm going to get alot of hate for this comment but, I believe many girls want to be called a brony because they want to be considered "one of the guys." Don't get me wrong. I'm not sexist. But, I believe that girls should stick to pegasister. I feel that they are jealous that guys get all of the attention whenever the word brony is brought up.

If by "one of the guys" you mean the same guys that media outlets scream up and down are perverts, pedophiles and immature or under developed men, yeah.....right. Bronys have been called all that. There is so much negative, pegasister would be less problematic.

I haven't heard a single negative rant about Pegasisters, but several about Bronys. Yet despite this I still call myself one even though I am female and even though there is so much negative out there. I subscribe to the actual history of the name Brony. Another poster above mentioned how in the show the mane six will call themselves "guys" but I can assure you, I doubt its from penis envy or wanting to be one of the guys.

This is a very sexist post! I thought that the comunity of bronies was kind and caring, not JUDGING. I THOUGHT that it didn't matter if you are fat or skinny, Dark skinned or light, gay or straight, FEMALE or MALE. Why can the term Brony not be used amongst women? These days EVERYONE is 'bro', EVEN females. so if Brony is meerly, bro-pony then where is the problem with women calling themselves BRONIES? brohoof this if you agree.

• Brohoof 1

The word "brony" started out with the definition:

A dude who is a fan of mlp fim...

Pegasister was made just for the hell of it...

But "brony" apparently sounds better, so girls started calling themselves bronies...

There is a "bronycon" what... Is that ment for guys and not girls? Is there a pegasistercon only for girls?

NO

Brony means somepony who is a fan.

• Brohoof 3

^^^^^^^^^^^

this guy! YES!!! free brohoof for you my friend

There is a "bronycon" what... Is that ment for guys and not girls? Is there a pegasistercon only for girls? NO Brony means somepony who is a fan.

said the words i could not come up with! brony STARTED OUT as bro's whom love's them some ponies. but now its has evolved to adapt to all sex's,creed's and orientations across the board. being a brony isnt about being a guy or a bro or even a bromigo, its about loving the show, the life style and to love, tolerate and forgive and forget.  

Edited by dash blast

I don't know about you but I get a bit bothered and slightly offended when any T.V show or media outlet even mentions the MLP fanbase, because it is never, and I can't stress that never bit enough, never in a positive light.

Not true at all.  I'd say you probably are watching the wrong news channel.  Stay away from Fox, they never have anything good to say and are all lies.  CNN did a report on Bronies that was very positive and so has Huffington post and others.  In fact I'd go as far to say that from legitimate news organizations that their have been more positive articles than negative.

I think calling myself a Pegasister is a bit silly. I know it's a creative term, however I think to myself a lot these days.

Bronies = Brother

Pegasister = Sister

So tell me this. If and I mean IF bronies & pegasister's started to date one another, would that be incest? I mean I like a guy who likes ponies, it's just manly. Anyway... In most corners of the world people say you should be kind to your. "Fellow man" and refer to "Man" as both men & women. Due to the passage from a bible when woman was created from the rib of man. Or some such. [iDK I'm an Atheist leave me alone.]

I would imagine brony doesn't only involve male. Just like how "Pony" isn't all female. 

Women can be bros too, mang.

Ambiguously a "bro" is basically "one of the pack" so it fits no matter the gender, regardless of sexual orientation as well. (Boyish lesbians and all that)

Edited by Discordian

GIRLS calling themselves BRONIES?! How DARE they! I mean this just... just... MADNESS! Why... next thing you know, they'll be wearing trousers and watching Transformers!

Today they call themselves Bronies, tomorrow they'll have their own careers. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!? DrMmg.png

• Brohoof 2

I probably should have seen this coming.  :P

But seriously, why is there even a discussion about this non-issue? This is the last group of people where I would expect an issue of this nature to arise. Hell, "Pegasister" sounds cool, I might just call myself that, and I have a Y chromosome.

u-mad-thumb.jpg

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I probably should have seen this coming.  :P

But seriously, why is there even a discussion about this non-issue? This is the last group of people where I would expect an issue of this nature to arise. Hell, "Pegasister" sounds cool, I might just call myself that, and I have a Y chromosome.

u-mad-thumb.jpg

Eh, people will be people. Everyone's got SOMETHING that bugs them to the point of being partially unreasonable. :lol:

I've always been partial to pegasi myself within the fandom but I personally wouldn't call myself a pegasister, just wouldn't fit the awesome raw power of Discord with an accordian (AKA Discordian. :lol: )

• Brohoof 1

I kind of have a question for the people who have an issue if they even exist on here:

What happens when a male refers to himself as a pegasister?

• Brohoof 1

I kind of have a question for the people who have an issue if they even exist on here:

What happens when a male refers to himself as a pegasister?

The planets will align and Hell's fires will rise up and feast upon the flesh of the innocent. Flaming balls of super-concentrated cyanide will rain from the heavens and Justin Bieber's "Baby" will play on loop for all eternity. 

• Brohoof 3

Let's put it a little harsher:

The moment you start defining rules for how people should be or refer to themselves you are becoming just like every  hater out there who says bronies are sick and twisted individuals who should be wiped off the face of the earth. Never ever should you be telling people how to call themselves. An identifier or label is for the individual to decide, not the people around them.

• Brohoof 1

Let's put it a little harsher:

The moment you start defining rules for how people should be or refer to themselves you are becoming just like every  hater out there who says bronies are sick and twisted individuals who should be wiped off the face of the earth. Never ever should you be telling people how to call themselves. An identifier or label is for the individual to decide, not the people around them.

If I'm honest, I don't really refer to myself as a Brony either (At least not in a serious way). I've always had a bit of an issue with labels for various reasons. I also don't really feel the need to label myself based on a show I like.

Regardless of how much I like it.

And how much merch I have.

And how many hours a day I spend on pony-related things.

:ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

I'm not discriminating against gender. All I know is that the girl that I am friends with, she identifies any girl who likes the show to be a pegasister. I prefer girls to call themselves pegasister, for it makes it easier for me, for some reason.

I'm not discriminating against gender. All I know is that the girl that I am friends with, she identifies any girl who likes the show to be a pegasister. I prefer girls to call themselves pegasister, for it makes it easier for me, for some reason.

I would still file that under imposing your own rules on top of another person's simply because it's your preference. If YOU call them Pegasisters that's one thing but don't try to tell anyone that they can't call themselves bronies just because they are female. Whether intentional or not it sounds like you are being prejudice.

I seem to be running my mouth all over the place today without thinking about what I'm saying. I guess the most basic thing I was trying to say is to be careful how you word things. No matter your intentions, how you word things can greatly affect how people react to it. I have a tendency to sound accusing when I make posts like my last few so I apologize for that.

• Brohoof 1

I would still file that under imposing your own rules on top of another person's simply because it's your preference. If YOU call them Pegasisters that's one thing but don't try to tell anyone that they can't call themselves bronies just because they are female. Whether intentional or not it sounds like you are being prejudice.

I seem to be running my mouth all over the place today without thinking about what I'm saying. I guess the most basic thing I was trying to say is to be careful how you word things. No matter your intentions, how you word things can greatly affect how people react to it. I have a tendency to sound accusing when I make posts like my last few so I apologize for that.

I'm not forcing it upon everyone. It is like saying I like Shushi over shrimp. I am not forcing my opinion on everyone, it is just a preference.

I think that fans, both male and female, should be able to call themselves "bronies". In my opinion, it's more gender-neutral than "pegasister".

But if there are female fans that prefer the term "pegasister", they should be able to call themselves that too.

I don't mean to be a black cloud

HEY! Where you talking about me? Lol jk :P, I just found that hilarious... or where you talking about me. Idk, im very.. self conscious or however you would phrase it.

• Brohoof 1