Female Bronies  

194 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call female bronies?

• Brony
    • Pegasister
    • Filly
    • Bronette
    • Pegasis

I'm a pegasister, but I don't mind being called a brony at all. Actually, I prefer being called a brony. I think it sounds way cooler. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png  

I have nothing against people who want to be called pegasisters, though. I usually say 'pegasister' first when addressing other female fans just to be safe. :P

/) 

There are Trekkies, Whovians, and Gleeks, and none of those fandoms need to differentiate between their male and female fans...why should the MLP fandom be any different? There are just as many female fans of the show as there are male fans, as hard as that may be for some people to believe derpy_emoticon1.png

I'm a girl and I'm a brony. And that's all I have to say about that.

There are a lot of arguments going on about this over the web. I understand that the term bronie/brony refers to all fans, but I like pegasister too, because it lessens confusion on people coming to the herd.

Embarrassing moment

Embarrassing moment of the day: When I was first starting, I thought girl versions of bronies were called "branies" because of the feminine "a".

The problem with these arguments is that there is no universal delete button. It's a term, and it's probably gonna stay that way.

Also, watch this video.

http://youtu.be/OV-OF9wZWDs

I simply prefer Pegasister seeing how Brony seems more BRO and like a man. Going with Pegasister people can simply see that it's a girl but brony is still gender neutral so i can go either way

I go my one term!

Fan.

Im a fan of MLP and the fandom

myself but I'm part of many other fandoms

in truth so i like to keep hings simple,  gender free

and have fun with things and meet new souls!

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, I like the terms brony AND pegasister. The only problem I have with pegasister is that it refers to pegasi specifically, whereas 'brony' refers to ponies as whole. Which makes more sense since somepony may call herself a pegasister but might actually be a non-pegasus pony. *Shrugs* derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

I have always felt the term brony was neutral and refered to the fandom at a whole. I like to keep it simple. I don't mind calling other pegasister if they prefer it that way.

• Brohoof 1

I am still pretty new to this (loved ponies as a kid but new to FiM) but I like pegasister or pegasis for short. Someone pointed out in an earlier post that it is too specific which may be true. I can't think of anything that works for a girl that would work for unicorns or Earth ponies though... have to think about that. 

• 1 year later...

I call the females Pegasister because Brony means man who likes My Little Pony.

as for referring to both sexes I say Bronykin

but I never call anyone by Brony or Pegasister I prefer calling them by their name and If I don't know their name I call them lad or lassie

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

The general term of non-fans for all fans is brony, as I understand it.

I call everypony a brony, and if they prefer something else, then so be it, but the first time I meet an MLP fan, you're another brony to me.

I'm aware of another thread about brony/pegasis, where a female brony was upset that her male friends from school said she couldn't be a brony because she isn't a "bro".

Considering how most bronies are battling against the ideal that "MLP is for little girls", I don't think it's wrong to call people whatever they prefer to be called, and let the chips fall.

My OC is a Pegasus, and I refer to myself as a brony, but I wouldn't be upset at being called a pegasis.

So, my point is, if somebody calls you one or the other, and you prefer something else, just make it known.

...And, now that I've put so much thought into something I never really thought about... I think I prefer to be called a pegasis. Hm...

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, I like the terms brony AND pegasister. The only problem I have with pegasister is that it refers to pegasi specifically, whereas 'brony' refers to ponies as whole. Which makes more sense since somepony may call herself a pegasister but might actually be a non-pegasus pony. *Shrugs* img-1389352-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

it would be fun if there were a lot of terms for bronies who like a a specific pony race.

like pegasister and pegamister

Unibro and sisacorn 

:wau: um... I can't think of one for earth ponies.... 

meh the term brony is enough I think.

I just always thought that the extra nick names for the girls was cute. I mean, weird as it is, our fandom has a higher male populace than female. So it's always cool to see a female fan in my opinion and makes them a little special. Giving them the option of their title was just really cool. Wherever this debate goes, there will always be ladies who enjoy being called one term or the other, or none of the above. Sometimes, people like to just be a fan and enjoy something. 

As a personal note, I think Pegasister is super cute. :P 

Quaver Ava 

it would be fun if there were a lot of terms for bronies who like a a specific pony race.

like pegasister and pegamister

Unibro and sisacorn 

:wau: um... I can't think of one for earth ponies.... 

meh the term brony is enough I think.

We can call the earth pony versions, Super Awesome Dude, or Super Awesome Dudette!