Female Bronies  

194 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call female bronies?

• Brony
    • Pegasister
    • Filly
    • Bronette
    • Pegasis

I cant really say anything that hasn't already been said, but here are my two cents;

"Brony" seems to be used as an overarching term, used to encompass all of the fans, not just guys.

I really don't care if a girl calls herself a pegasister or a brony. 

Brony is member of the MLP fandom. That's it.

It does not mean "Hey duuude, I'm a bro and I love ponies". It's unfortunate sounding name, but it's too late to change it.

One uses pegasister if they want to point out they are not a man, but being brony doesn't mean you are a man.

I believe that bro is a male term, but brony on another hand is a fan of MLP, as stated many times. I believe where you're coming from , they have their own term, but it's their choice wether to be called. I call girls bruh, bro, man, guy, dude, etc. It's just depending on your nature and theirs.

Does it really matter what anyone wants to call themselves so long as we all know what is being referred to? Brony, Pegasister? I suppose whatever they prefer is okay with me. the friend that introduced me to this show calls himself a fan but not a brony not because he has anything against bronies but because he believes that word more accurately describes the really hard core fans of the show. I consider myself one though because my definition of brony is much broader than his and I do consider myself to a fairly hard core fan, seriously I think about ponies a lot. But the point is that whatever we may want to or not want to call ourselves we are still fans and that is really what matters.

Well, I'm a girl. And I call myself a brony. I rarely ever even USE pegasister. But I think brony can be for any gender. I have a brony typography shirt that says BRONY in the middle, and I wear it all the time! Plus, I usually call everyone either darling, dude, or bro so to me everyone's the same. *shrugs* It's all about opinion. 

Not to be harsh or anything, but Jesus Christ, I hate the word "Pegasister" with a passion.

Girls can refer to themselves as bronies if they want, I actually prefer it because Pegasister just sounds plain stupid to me.

And regarding "Pegasisters is a girl only thing", if I REALLY wanted to (if it didn't sound so awful to me), I would refer to myself as a pegasister.

Hey, if a girl like me wants to call themselves a brony it's fine. I personally think pegasister sucks, and I like brony better so 'Brony' for me.

Hey, people have got their opinions though :D. I'm still gonna call myself a brony, though.

EDIT: After reading through his posts, it's obviously a troll guys, don't feed him.

EDIT 2: I don't get why you said we don't love and tolerate. I love and tolerate as much as I can.

Alot of people here made me see it their way. I will no longer try to get girls to stop calling themselves Bronies. However, You were not one of the ones that helped me. I have reported you. I am not a Troll. However, by calling me a troll you are the troll. I got a warning and could not post, but I knowledged it. 

They can call themselves what they want, it's not just for guys, some actually would rather be called bronies instead of pegasisters, and personally I call both genders bronies, so yea, thinking it's specifically for guys would be ignorant.

OMG....sexist much? I guess if a girl calls herself Gay instead of a Lesbian, that would stealing the male term for being homosexual, right?

Pegasister was created for people who thought 'Brony' was a mix of the word 'Bro' and 'Pony' when in fact, as it was stated earlier in this post, was started when posters from the /b/ board spammed it with Pony stuff.

It doesn't mean "Male fan of MLP" or "A male pony". It is the term for all fans of the show. Frankly I'm just disgusted that someone in this community...our community...would have the nerve to stand up and say they had a problem with ANYONE in our community calling themselves a Brony. Love and Tolerate much?

*snicker*

Alot of people here made me see it their way. I will no longer try to get girls to stop calling themselves Bronies. However, You were not one of the ones that helped me. I have reported you. I am not a Troll. However, by calling me a troll you are the troll. I got a warning and could not post, but I knowledged it. 

Umm....by someone calling you a troll.....they are the troll? What reverse logic madness is this? Typically, if people act like a troll they are labeled as one. If people get mad because you are acting bigoted, it doesn't make them a troll. For the record, I don't think you are a troll personally. I believe you are either ignorant, misguided or a little bit of both.

• Brohoof 1

The term "Brony" was originally created to describe the mlp fandom. It wasn't necessarily made specifically for the male gender and it wasn't untill later on that the term pegasister was created (AFTER THE FANDOM WAS CREATED). It is increadably sexist of you to believe such a thing. After all, the term "dude" refers to both genders, does it not? In fact, I even know many girls who refer to themselves and their female friends as bro. Don't be sexist.

Don't know what sexist means?

Sexist: Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.

The basic fact that you don't know what the word sexist means tell me that you are uneducated. Not necessarily concerning language arts, but concerning the history of the world. If you are not uneducated, you are very ignorant.

Plus, pegasister sounds rediculous.

Edited by NekromantiaFox

Makes sense to me!

The word Brony now is used more for all the fans of MLP that aren't in the intended age group more than anything based on gender.

It's especially evident in the news stories and such about bronies that get posted from time to time.

• Brohoof 1

I see where this topic generated from because generally the term brony is used for a guy that watches MLP. I have no issues with a girl calling herself a brony because every pony is equal in the matter. The idea that was brought up as this topic may be looked at as sexist but really, brony is supposed to be bro+pony bro being short for brother. This wasn't really a case of being sexist but just a highly controversial topic that really doesn't matter. Any pony who enjoys MLP and would like to be referred to as a brony, all the power to them, it should be a universal term if it isn't already looked at as one

I somewhat agree with what you're saying, and how brony is a boy term, but brony is a widely used term to describe our love for mlp, and I don't see why girls cant use the term too :)

Months ago I discovered that girls, are calling themselves BRONIES. Apparently they've been doing this for a while.

I don't mean to be a black cloud, but this annoys me very much. I mean, their girls. And Brony is Bro plus Pony right?

Not all, but I think most girls that like MLP:FiM calls themselves bronies. so if their girls and they want to be called Bronies, Their Gronies?

And I think the word pegasister was made for a reason.  

Fuck you, and your shit

I understand how some girls can be like that, people call me a brony, I think Pegasister and any other crap sounds dumb. I don't go everywhere and say "I'M A GIRL AND I CALL MYSELF A BRONY OLOLOL" and I watched MLP before bronies had became a big thing. As far as I'm concerned Brony is actually Unisex, Pegasister was made for girls that thought bronies were ruining MLP's name, and they wanted to stand up to them. 

Also, Brony originated from /b/ on 4chan, not because of Bro

Edited by Pinkazoid

In my opinion "Pegasister" sounds really corny and outright stupid. Brony rolls off the tongue more, and it's just a better name in my opinion. Why should it matter what gender someone is? A Trekkie is Star Trek fan, regardless of gender. A Potterhead is a Harry Potter fan, regardless of gender, and so on and so forth.

ALSO, the term "brony" did NOT come from "bro" and "pony." It originated on 4chan's /b/ board, where the people who posted ponies were called that to 1) Identify themselves as something different and 2) show wehere they had originated, which was the /b/ board. Until we got banned from /b/, we were called /b/ronies. We dropped the slashes to show our separation from that place.

People keep saying Sexist. Uh oh, people are saying a Naughty word lol. I don't even know what that word means but, whatever lol

Sex-ism (noun):

1.attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

2.discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; especially,such discrimination directed against women.

Just because it says "sex" in it, doesn't make it a bad word. Plus it's the internet. We say sex and and alot of worse words, alot.

Well if they call themselve a brony it could be a boy behind the computer and is really a girl. Like what if I called myself a pegasister, you woud think I'm a girl right?

Why does this matter? Are you going to take someone's opinion any differently because of their gender? People are people, and that's all that does (and should) matter. Plus, it's the internet, the home of being anonymous. Anyone can be anything anywhere here. Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

Months ago I discovered that girls, are calling themselves BRONIES. Apparently they've been doing this for a while.

I don't mean to be a black cloud, but this annoys me very much. I mean, their girls. And Brony is Bro plus Pony right?

Not all, but I think most girls that like MLP:FiM calls themselves bronies. so if their girls and they want to be called Bronies, Their Gronies?

And I think the word pegasister was made for a reason.  

Brony is not a gender specific term man, it applies to anyone and everyone who appreciates the show and follows the fandom, My biggest question is why does this bother you? and Why should they have a different title?

• Brohoof 1

I think that the OP has been slammed on enough for his views, so I will not add more about that other than to say that I agree with the majority here.  I just wanted to add that I am a guy and I like to jokingly refer to myself as a Pegabrother.  I often get laughed at or told that it sounds stupid.  Of course I'm not really serious about that title.  The thing is, if it sounds stupid calling me a pegabrother why would you want to use Pegasister for girls?  Then again if I really did want to be called a Pegabrother instead of a Brony then that is what I should be refered to as.  I also wanted to refer people to this video where one girl refers to herself as a Brony who is a girl and another one is a pegasister.  

http://www.youtube.com/embed/KUdiCqDVUxI

Edited by Flutterbee

The term "Brony" has officially become gender neutral. My friend an dI (both girls) call ourselves bronies, because, come on, no one calls it the "pegasister fandom." By calling yourself a brony, you feel like you are actually a part of the fandom, where as if someone is labeled pegasisiter, they may not feel as included.

Well, in all honesty, I prefer to call myself a pegasister. I think it actually sounds a bit nicer. However, if pegasister wouldn't fit as well, or it's just casual speak, I'll use brony.

I will confess that brony seems to hold some masculine connotations to me, despite its /b/ origins, and it makes me feel a bit awkward using it. But that doesn't mean I won't, or that I think that any girl shouldn't.

Umm who gives a fuck if girls like using brony instead of pegasister? If they want to use it, they can.  This is a pretty trivial thing to get annoyed about.

Edited by Lando

I agree with TC here. The terms "brony" and "pegasister" were derived and each gender have been classified into each. I know I'm going to get alot of hate for this comment but, I believe many girls want to be called a brony because they want to be considered "one of the guys." Don't get me wrong. I'm not sexist. But, I believe that girls should stick to pegasister. I feel that they are jealous that guys get all of the attention whenever the word brony is brought up.

well what if they all called them self's "gronies" or "girlonies"? i personally don't give a hoof one way of the other, call yourself bronie/ pegasister or what ever.just so long as we all see that at the end of the day its just a freaking word. grated it was coined directly towards guys at first but com'on even the mane 6 refers to themselves as "guys" ex: "com'on guys lets go". idk im just rambling at this point.