• Pegasister
    • Filly
    • Bronette
    • Pegasis

The term 'Brony' is gender neutral. And refers to fans of FiM. [/Thread]

what tom said.

I've seen alot of argument over this, especially on YouTube

Edited by Ice

I've always been under the impression that the term "brony" is gender-neutral and refers to both male and female fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. There's a lot of arguments going on whether or not female fans should be called something else, though.

Personally, I think "brony" is just as acceptable a term for fans of the show as say, trekkies are for Star Trex fans.

From a female perspective, I kind of like Pegasister. I am kind of a girly girl, and the term brony seems a bit masculine for my tastes. I don't mind if bronies want to call me a brony though, it's not that big of a deal. It's just nice to be a part of the herd. :)
  • Brohoof 4

I don't even call Bronies, "Bronies..."

It just sounds....um... Like an excuse for a flame/troll war to open up. :P

I'm not much of one for conflict...I'll kill somepony, or dominate an argument if I have to... But I'd rather not.

Instead I just say "fans of my little pony" or something else along those lines. Keeps people from "freaking out" as much.

• Brohoof 1

I've always been under the impression that the term "brony" is gender-neutral and refers to both male and female fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. There's a lot of arguments going on whether or not female fans should be called something else, though.

Personally, I think "brony" is just as acceptable a term for fans of the show as say, trekkies are for Star Trex fans.

I never called people 'trekkies' either...

Maybe It's just an issue with nicknames :D

I don't think the term Pegasister is appropriate really, because what if she would rather be a unicorn, or an earth pony?

I also don't think "Brony" is all that fitting for them either. We need an appropriate nice happy epic word that the females will love :)

• Brohoof 3

Well I'm going with the argument of Brony meaning "Bro" + "Pony" and Bro is male defined.

Not that I'm going to Grammar Nazi someone for calling a female a Brony, but I think it's silly to call a girl your brother! :P

I don't like the term Pegasister that much either since it just looks funny. Bronette is just silly.

I guess I'd say Filly.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm going with the argument of Brony meaning "Bro" + "Pony" and Bro is male defined.

Not that I'm going to Grammar Nazi someone for calling a female a Brony, but I think it's silly to call a girl your brother! :P

I agree.

I don't see how in the world "brony" could be gender neutral. As was stated by Colton Manestache, "Brony" is the combination of "Bro" (shortened version of brother, meaning male sibling) and "Pony". There's nothing gender neutral about that, I'm sorry.

"Pegasis" might actually be the best one because like "Brony" the words fit perfectly together, but I don't think I'd call myself that. I just enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not that obsessed with it. lol

I don't see how in the world "brony" could be gender neutral. As was stated by Colton Manestache, "Brony" is the combination of "Bro" (shortened version of brother, meaning male sibling) and "Pony". There's nothing gender neutral about that, I'm sorry.

"Pegasis" might actually be the best one because like "Brony" the words fit perfectly together, but I don't think I'd call myself that. I just enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not that obsessed with it. lol

You don't have to be obsessed with the show to be a Brony or a Pegasis.

• Brohoof 2

"Brony" is not a gender neutral term and should not be used in order to refer to the entire MLP fandom. I generally use "Pegasister" when I specifically need to refer to female pony fans, but generally I just say "pony fans", as that is entirely gender neutral and so encompasses male, female and genderqueer members of the fandom.

"Brony" is not a gender neutral term and should not be used in order to refer to the entire MLP fandom. I generally use "Pegasister" when I specifically need to refer to female pony fans, but generally I just say "pony fans", as that is entirely gender neutral and so encompasses male, female and genderqueer members of the fandom.

Unfortunately, pony fan is not very catchy :P
  • Brohoof 2

I don't see how in the world "brony" could be gender neutral. As was stated by Colton Manestache, "Brony" is the combination of "Bro" (shortened version of brother, meaning male sibling) and "Pony". There's nothing gender neutral about that, I'm sorry. "Pegasis" might actually be the best one because like "Brony" the words fit perfectly together, but I don't think I'd call myself that. I just enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not that obsessed with it. lol

*Facehoof*

You honestly think you need to be obsessed to call youself something to be proud of?

I don't think the term Pegasister is appropriate really, because what if she would rather be a unicorn, or an earth pony?

This.

I don't like the term Pegasister that much either since it just looks funny. Bronette is just silly.

I guess I'd say Filly.

"Brony" actually comes from a fusion of "/b/" and "pony". "bro" + "pony" is apparently a widespread misconception. At least, that's what I heard. By that logic, it is, in fact, a gender-neutral term.

• Brohoof 1

This.

"Brony" actually comes from a fusion of "/b/" and "pony". "bro" + "pony" is apparently a widespread misconception. At least, that's what I heard. By that logic, it is, in fact, a gender-neutral term.

Never heard of that, but it makes alot of sense, ima go by that from now on