Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did the ponies build their houses and stuff?

ashes

From what I've seen, there's stuff that exists that a pony can't physically make. Not a troll question, it's sincere. How were they able to build houses, carts, roads, and everything else?

Well you see, Magicarius the Unicorn once used an ancient spell that made him into a human, and has used that to help the fellow ponies live, and be able to have shelter to survive. He still lives on to create things today, staying hidden, so nopony will ever see his true identity.

Real answer:
unicorn magic, I dunno

Well we know how all the types of ponies have their jobs. Like Pegasi can be weather ponies, etc. Unicorns could move stuff with their mind, maybe that could have been a part. Also, they can hold things with their mouth. And Pegasi could fly and use their hooves(probably 2) to hold stuff and fly....  i dunno lol

We did clearly see the ponies building a barn in the Apple Family reunion. Apparently Earth ponies just have a knack for building things, some of them do at least. How they developed such skills using hooves and their mouth is beyond me though. 

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn ponies use their magic to lift things and build things. Earth ponies use their mouths (Applejack built the stage in  the episode Made In Manehattan using nothing but her mouth and a hammer) And Pegasus ponies are the same as an Earth pony (They have it a bit easier because they can fly)

I see. Also, sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm brand new to the series and have only seen one episode. Swarm of the Century.

I wouldn't say it's a "dumb question", exactly. You do know you have 5 seasons to catch up on, though... you lucky fish! :D Your question might have been answered by watching more episodes.

Yeah, they can pick up things & use most tools.  (They DON"T seem to have power tools, though).  In addition to other examples, in Pinkie's Pride, (Season 4) Pinkie gets a variety of jobs, including construction.

Sure, they have power tools, though. In Party of One, they were making construction sounds, right? We've seen jackhammers in Princess Spike, too.