Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About a certain setting description..

Jokuc

"If you dislike the modern age, this is the setting for you. ~ Lavo"

Says the description under the setting where you turn off the sticky navigation bar. Before saying anything else, I know that this will sound super whiny and unimportant.

It is c:

So, with that out of the way:

Would you maybe consider changing that sentence? I don't really care what it says and I'm not going to go in there to change the setting again but it just made me a tiny bit annoyed so I thought I would at least mention it.

My problem with it is that it almost implies that you're disliking the "modern age" by not using it. Which I am not. I love the modern age and most of the designs and features that comes with it but having a sticky nav bar is not fun. It's in the way covering up valuable space and it's super laggy. It's especially not fun when the bar itself is ugly.

tl;dr: Lavo your joke annoys me :v

• Brohoof 1

I would like to say I do not want this changed. We are getting too soft around here, if it bothers you I am sorry but please don't ruin the joke for everyone.

I agree that we're getting too soft (I've actually made a post about this somewhere) but I already said that I don't care what it says, I just wanted to mention that it annoys me, maybe someone agrees. This is the feedback section after all. If people feel that it's a fun joke that you really don't want to be changed I'm totally fine with it.

• Brohoof 2

I personally just think it's a fun joke, nothing to be upset about. I use the sticky bar but if I don't, then I won't think i'm out of touch because of a joke. It might be because I think friendship is constantly teasing each other over and over. A simple line of text doesn't get me all worked up, and i'm sure most of this site would agree.

TL;DR: Don't change it, I don't see how a simple harmless joke would offend anyone.

• Brohoof 1

Disabling the sticky nav-bar is anti-searchist. First you remove it from your view, then you remove it from the site entirely. We have rights as Searchists, and by golly you will not take those rights away! This are a Search loving community.

Translation: I cast my vote in favour of Lavo's joke and am wondering who remembers the parody religion dedicated to the search bar.

• Brohoof 1

Lavo your joke annoys me

It is simply a joke. There is nothing wrong with a good joke in the settings of the forums. I'm sorry you don't like it but please don't ruin it for everyone else. 

• Brohoof 1

I admit that I have a strong desire to hide many hidden jokes across the forum now. :)

I'm actually being serious. Little idiosyncratic notes such as that are the reason I fell in love with this place. It is why I also do silly things like banish all members to the moon and made you all Blank Flanks when Nightmare Moon, and Dimond Tiara, and Buffy took over MLPF.

Well that and my perpetual search for the executive washroom key! Spoon hides my precious!

• Brohoof 3

I don't know - I, for one, am a proud hater of all of these modern newfangled contraptions on forums these days. *waves cane*

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Personally I see no issue with the description, it's a joke made in good spirits. Whilst I can understand how it can be seen as slightly snarky, I also don't feel that this is a community that needs us to hold their hand. Most members here understand that it's simply a joke and have no issue with it.

• Brohoof 1