Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

20 Character

The reason for these 20 character minimum things is because the MLP Forums wants you to make quality posts. This will get annoying but this is to insure that your posts are good enough for the topic you are discussing. There are places in the MLP Forums that allow you to not need 20 characters in order to make a full post for example the forum games in Cloudsdale Colosseum or when you are making blogs. 

• Brohoof 1

Can we get rid of the 20 character thing? It's annoying.

I am moving this to feedback as this is not a technical issue or a bug. Long ago we did not have a character minimum. The result was a lot of posts that lacked coherence or anything that resembled substance. Thus my predecessors inacted the character minimum. It used to be higher than 20 characters all areas, but we did lower it to be more fair. We actually take a lot of pride in the fact that we require a small measure of thought to be displayed in out posts. To be direct, 20 characters is not a lot ... at all.

At this time the character minimum will be staying. This includes the higher threshold found in Debate Pit and some RP areas.

• Brohoof 3

Just as Jeric said, the character minimum helps us get some discussions going. Before the character minimum existed I remember a bunch of people just posting "yes", "no" or "idk" in a bunch of threads to boost their post count. The issue now though is that a lot of people use "blah blah filler text, annoying char minimum" as a solution, even though it's against the rules.

Here are 20 characters.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...