Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Super Bowl 50

PiratePony

I was very disappointed about the Cardinals and Patriots both losing the conference championships. I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch. Either the Panthers will kill Denver and surprise nobody, or Denver will get lucky for the 1,000th time this season.  -_-

(edited)

Well, it's Old School vs New School. Manning already has two SB rings. The Panthers will certainly play hard and keep pounding until the end. And yay, Coldplay plays at halftime!

You're thinking of lil brother Eli. Peyton, the better Manning (orrrrrr is he?) Only has one.

Coldplay has me baffled still. I think there's going to be a dozen surprise acts, the president, the ghost of Vince Lombardi...can't just be Coldplay..

Edited by PiratePony

I was very disappointed about the Cardinals and Patriots both losing the conference championships. I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch. Either the Panthers will kill Denver and surprise nobody, or Denver will get lucky for the 1,000th time this season.  -_-

Broncos got lucky all but 5 Times this season (One of them was against Cincinnati Bengals when they got lucky)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This Super Bowl is looking to be good, and I'll tell you why I think so. It's because of the tale of two quarterbacks.

PEYTON MANNING:

635566159119275499-USP-NFL-DIVISIONAL-RO

A man with a storied, yet sometimes, to some, a disappointing (that's opinion which I don't understand...it's been an outstanding) career. This being his 4th Super Bowl, he's at best going to be 50% in his wins. It's great to see a living legend in the game make one final swan song, and in this case it's particularly interesting because:

• He's made it about the team, not himself. He's batted away retirement questions, even though they're in everyone's head. Like many, I thought he was done, toast, retired a couple months back when Denver went with another starting quarterback. Yet, despite his return to the ultimate goal of Super Bowl #4, he's remained humble towards his team, giving credit where credit is due with that Denver defense. He's not the Peyton Manning he used to be, and that's okay.
  • Humility towards Cam Newton. Manning has numerous times this weeks talked about the great athleticism and skill that Newton has shown in his short time in the NFL. It stands as a testimony to what great athletes should be: fierce, competitive, giving accolades to opponents who earn it, and who can make what amounts to professional playing of a kid's game...fun.
  • If this is indeed his last game, ti's a fantastic way to leave, win or lose.

CAM NEWTON

640_cam_newton_503521904.jpg

What an amazing athlete to play the quarterback position. It's too soon to say he's one of the greatest of all time, or whether he's the best in the league now, these are always debatable, but his athletic prowess cannot be understated. Plus, he's an entertainer on and off the field, well spoken at interviews, and rocks a better commercial than Chicken Parm over there. Plus he has a fashion sense that would make Rarity become Equestria's biggest NFL fan. I also enjoy that in the press conferences this week, he's giving a lot of respect towards Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. It's nice to see a good sportsman leave the spot and then a new one take the helm. I hope that if he defeats Manning and the Broncos, that he gives accolades if necessary.

THE GAME

I hope, hope, hope that's it's a great, competitive game. I know that the Panthers have a chance to blow the Broncos out of the water, and Peyton could have throwing errors, but if they can pull it together, it should be an exciting match.

I don't care who wins, because it's sure to be a great night of football either way.

I just wish they didn't show super bowl ads on youtube a week before...

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

Today is the day! The final round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open...oh yeah, and then the Super Bowl. So, here's my recipe that I use for guacamole...today is the numver one day for avocado cunsumption of the year in the US. I'm even sharing this with you pones before I put it on my parenting blog.

GUACAMOLE

6 hass avocados

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon table salt

2 limes, juiced and zested

1/2 small onion, finely chopped

small pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Make sure the avocados are ripe. Cali best, followed by Mexico. Avoid from Peru...the breeds there have a weird fibery string inside.

Mash them. Immediately add zest and juice of limes, garlic powder and salt. Mix until smooth.

Chop onions until super fine...think McDonald's onions. It's to add some texture without feeling there's chunks of onion. Stir in to guac.

Add pepper only if everyone at your party loves heat

..or split it in two batches.

Taste and add more salt if needed.

Bring to party and become Super Bowl Hero. Double recipe if party is large, or you want to keep some for yourself...I know I always do.

When storing in fridge, add sheet of plastic food wrap, placed directly on guac. Allow no air...otherwise it will brown. Brown guac is fine and tastes the same...it just doesn't look appetizing.

Enjoy ponies! Happy Super Bowl. :D

• Brohoof 2

My team is not in it so it doesn't really matter to me who wins, but I kind of hope Denver can redeem itself from their embarrassing performance the last time they were in the Super Bowl.  But then again, the Panthers have never won a Super Bowl so it would be cool to see them win.

• Brohoof 1

How bad will the commercials be? Or will they be genuinely good and funny for the first time in................gosh, how long HAS it been since they were really funny?  :o

I may end up watching, more for culinary reasons than anything else. People in the house are making food, you see.

I think Carolina is going to win this Super Bowl. I enjoy watching the game, and also the commercials, even though some aren't as good as others. I'm also surprised that Coldplay is playing at the Halftime Show, because they don't seem like a band that would play at Halftime. Beyonce and Bruno Mars are also going to be at the Halftime Show, which doesn't surprise me. Other thoughts are that I hope to see ponies show up in the commercials again this year, and I already know that the Super Bowl will probably be the only thing anyone will talk about tomorrow.

I have a roommate that is a huge Broncos fan and, for the record, I'd like to see the Broncos win anyway.  Peyton Manning's legacy is secure regardless of the game's outcome.  But its always cool to see a legend go out on top like John Elway did.  :) 

• Brohoof 2

I honestly don't really care who wins the Super Bowl. Like... our church's youth group is throwing a party for the Super Bowl, and there's free food and nerf guns and bonfires and fun! Who cares who wins, let's go pig out, am I right?

But if you held me down and forced me to make a bet, I'd probably pick Carolina. Because they have the cooler name...

(edited)

Wow. Tom Brady can't even show class during the MVP ceremony. Ceremony was nice otherwise.

All right, let's get going. Bring on Countess Color-- I mean Lady Gaga.

Edit: wow she was amazing.

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

Wow. Tom Brady can't even show class during the MVP ceremony. Ceremony was nice otherwise.

What did he do again? All I saw him do was wave

Can you explain what he did? All I noticed was him getting booed

I don't know if my ears are wrong or anything, but I didn't here any booing

Edited by Megas

Can you explain what he did? All I noticed was him getting booed

He didn't hit his mark, he just walked to the area without a wave, not looking...I just don't like his attitude and that was just extra

I admit maybe that was biased.

Ps how about Lady Gaga??

Wooow. Touchdown Denver Broncos! Strip the ball out of Newton's hand is one way to do it Denver.

Ps George And Weezy my fav commercial so far.