Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Last Brony

"The majority have no other reason for their opinions than that they are in fashion."

-Samuel Johnson

I hold this quote to be true. Most of us wouldn't watch a kids show if it weren't for everyone flaunting the fandom around everywhere on the internet. And in some cases, real life...

My question:

What would you do if you were the last and only brony? How would you react if MLP was simply a fad but impacted your life to the point where, if the fandom died and everyone left, you would still carry on being a brony? Do you think people would accept you for being "that pony guy"? Would you really stay because of the show, or is it the community that makes being a brony so worth the judgement?

Personally, I don't mind the show. I watch anime, so I was a geek to begin with. If MLP ended, I wouldn't care too much. However, I adore the MLP community. It's the first time I've ever seen people on the internet so in touch with one another. It's like a strange, distorted second family. (Almost)

... Cloppers are the silent uncle nobody likes to talk about.

P.S. Grim Started it... not 4chan.

Edited by Guest

I would just,m start converting again, but really, the only thing that can take my bronynism away is being forced to watch cupcakes over and over and voer again, then reading it, the watching it happen in rl.

Compared to some of the anime I've seen, MLP is in the excellent range, but definitely not in my top 10 or even top 20

I love the community though, because its so awesome and talented, and if the brony community died would I still be a brony? If you are asking whether I would still watch MLP, then yes, however without fellow bronies the experience will be blunted to say the least.

I would just,m start converting again, but really, the only thing that can take my bronynism away is being forced to watch cupcakes over and over and voer again, then reading it, the watching it happen in rl.

I've seen worse

Yeah, I'd still definitely watch the show, but, like others have said, it just wouldn't be the same without a fantastic community to share my love of the show with.

• Brohoof 1

First my insides would explode (in other words I'd implode), then I'd be rushed to the hospital and then, on my deathbed I'd say to everyone there to spread the word about the show and to watch it. Graphic, I know. :)

Seriously though, I'd probably just tell all my friends to watch it. Some of them would be all "NO WAY BRO" but a few of them would probably give in.

MLP is the face of the community.

But the bronies are the soul that drive it.

Would I be extremely saddened? Yes. But I'd carry on, if only on tribute to past golden memories.

Edited by Aureity

• Buy a lot of extra HDD
  • Saves as many FiM fan-works and episodes as I could inside the HDD, and makes two copies of each of them
  • Stores the said HDD in two different places
  • Hosted a website to store at least the most popular of fan-works

Our legacy will lives on :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

I was watching it before I knew quite how big it was. I'm no hipster, but I'm not one to follow the crowd either. I was just watching the show for quite a while before I got into the community, and I would be sad if the community was gone, but I would still be watching.

I would still be a fan. I'm already known as that pony guy and honestly I don't care. With no-one to talk about it to and no community, obviously I could not be as much of a brony as before hut I'd still watch it, enjoy it, and flaunt it. I did't get into this because "everybody else is doing it." Only like 4 or 5 people I know are bronies, and we used to take alot of crap.

I would be depressed to be the last Brony. However I never get discouraged that things I like, and no one else likes. People already discouraged me from getting a real job, playing piano, being a brony. You know what? They didn't discourage me because I do things I like.

Posted Image

Sounds like the kind of question an older, wiser Rainbow Dash would ask. Would you stay loyal to the show even if the fanbase died out?

Commitments aside, the fanbase is quite unlikely to just fizzle out of the whole "pony thing", though I do see it happening gradually over time if the developers fail to deliver on multiple attempts. Again though, this is unlikely as the show is officially on an absolute tear after season 2's finale.

I just meant hypothetically. If everyone. EVERYONE. else looked down on you for being some weird guy watching a TV show for kids about colorful ponies, would you carry on watching it even though there's no point?

I think some people are taking this show to seriously - getting distracted from work, socializing with friends, and possibly jeopardizing their futures. If you went into a job interview with a pony shirt on, do you think the interviewer would take you seriously? I know I wouldn't apply to a college and tell them one unique thing about me is "I'm a brony."

I'm not afraid to hide the fact that I watch the show and follow the content users produce, it's just not sensible to think you're "sticking it to the man" because you're out of the target audience for a show.

Many people strut around with the "haters gonna hate" attitude, and I think that's portraying us in the wrong light. We shouldn't challenge others to "come at us, bros", we should respect the fact that they are entitled to their own opinions. If they think it's stupid, let them. If they are curious, inform them.

As soon as it crosses the line, however, (such as someone wanting to harm you because of your interests) you are definitely allowed to respond with whatever you want! (Within reason, of course. You can't just kill someone and say it was because they gave you shit for watching My Little Pony.)

Also, to make things more interesting...

You're not able to convert anyone into the herd.

I don't think that will ever really happen. People that liked this show will remember it if they're reminded of it. For awhile, I'd thought I was the only one that remembered Samurai Pizza Cats, and then I found an entire fansite dedicated to the show. There weren't alot of members, but I wasn't the only one that remembered that show.

If I thought I was the last one, I'd probably go to a message board and post a topic asking if anyone remembered the show.

Edited by SBaby

Actually the guy who converted me would like that. He's weird. Ain't that right Pinkie? *brushie, brushie*

But yea, The only way that ponies could possibly go away is if every single episode, Image, video, song, and fanfic were deleted, and every round up and executed. about how likely do you think that is?

Not tell anyone D: ~

wuss

jk jk

I would go back to my cutting-edge of technology bunker, 1200 meters below sea level and go into a 100 year sleep, to be awaken and spread our good message someday...

Really though, if I couldn't convert anyone I would probably just keep my mouth shut and do what I can.

If I was the last I'd be sad - no more stumbling across new fan works, no more PMVs, etc.

But I wouldn;t stop loving the show. The show would still exist, and that's the thing I love most. The fandom is just the yummy buttercream icing on the cake. Besides I'm already a fan of a bunch of well-made kids shows that have no community. I'm not one for fads or fashions (except the fashion of hating fads and fashions ;) )

Hm...I think this ties with the "Would You Watch G5 Ponies" thread.....so accordingly is G5 is what MLP used to be, then it would probably lose a very very important part of its audience.....but it was never meant to be for us....I'm sad. :,(