Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is "Time Travel" possible following this logic?

DJShy

I believe that there is no such thing as time travel, but rather dimensional travel. The way I see it, it is the only way to make it work without destroying all of time and space and still have others sell and buy such a device.

Here, let me explain my reasoning:

Let's say you used "time travel" to the past. Actually, let's not because, in my opinion the original post explains the whole problem there. That thing about changing it would cause you (past self) to not want to change it, causing you (still past self) to not go back and change it, which will cause it to not change, and the paradox consumes all.

However, with what I'm saying, by traveling to "the past", you go to an alternate dimension where everything is the same except you (current self) go to the past. through this logic, you can change history all you want with no consequences of your actions in terms of time and space. You go to the future, which it is another alternate dimension, but it is one where you (current self) affect the future and you (alternate dimension self) "time travels" for whatever reason they have, whether it be to change what you (another alternate dimensional self) did. You take the place of that you (current dimension's self) and time keeps going, unaffected, because everything was set in stone to happen from the very beginning of your travel.

So what do you think? Could this work? If not, how could "time travel" work?

• Brohoof 1

I try not to think about time travel too much, but I must admit, I rather enjoy this theory. There is a fictional trilogy known as the SILO Chronicles, in which the author employs this theory in a world where two alternate-time versions of the United State military wage war on each other by passing through dimensions. The original intention was to create time travel, and they thought they were successful; but when the future government realized that the actions they made on the other side had no affect on their reality, they attacked the present-time universe. It was fascinating to read!

I also used that same logic earlier when wondering if Starlight accidentally "created" over a dozen permanently screwed Equestrias.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there @@DJShy3.

As we have just recently had a thread opened relating to the discussion of Time Travel, which I noticed that you have now responded to yourself, this thread is not necessary and so will be locked.

Thanks!