Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RainbowPie or AppleDash?

NyanLuna

Personally the more I think about it, the more I feel AppleDash is one of those pairs that don't work romantically, but works wonders in a friendship/friendly rivalry, which again, I still miss

• Brohoof 1

Personally the more I think about it, the more I feel AppleDash is one of those pairs that don't work romantically, but works wonders in a friendship/friendly rivalry, which again, I still miss

A love-hate relationship... maybeh? ;3

Appledash is my like, least favorite ship. RainbowPie is cute but i see it as mostly friend stuff.

TWIDASH ON THE OTHER HAND

tumblr_mj2r41nDpH1s5w78do1_500.png

Twidash has some seriously good factors to it, and season 5 hinted that Dash and her hang out a lot more than you see on screen

• Brohoof 2

I feel that way about Flutterdash. I have yet to run into a fic that could really sell me on that pairing, nor have I really seen the chemistry in the show that people use to ship them. FlutterHuger is just so much better, I could write a term paper on how good that ship is just on that one episode Tree hugger showed up in. 

FlutterDash basically has the "Childhood friends, apparently" and Opposites attract appeal going for it, and Rainbow typically acting softer and more tactful with Fluttershy than anyone else and having tons and tons of screentime with her, like almost as much as Rarity and Applejack together. The issue with it vs something like say Rarijack or TwiDash, the other mega popular Opposities attract ships IMO is that Rarijack and TwiDash works because you have both opposites attract appeal AND a certain degree of similarities as well, while FlutterDash is basically 100% opposites.

Fanfic wise FlutterDash is strange in that it has a TON of fic, more than any ship other than TwiDash but they tend to have a lower average quality than say AppleDash or Rarijack.

I haven't really thought about Treehugger enough to really care about shipping her honestly. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

Twidash has some seriously good factors to it, and season 5 hinted that Dash and her hang out a lot more than you see on screen

To be fair, TwiDash NOT having much screen time together isn't even really an issue anymore, before S4 it was, they really had very few scenes but since then they've gotten multiple episodes and plenty of scenes.

I'm more of a an AppleJack d RainbowDash supporter/shipper.

I dunno, I just have a tough time seeing PinkiePie and RaimbowDash as a cute couple.

:confused:

There is only one answer to this question

:wub:

To answer the question properly, I think Rainbow dash and Applejack have the most compatible personalities, relationships with two competitive people can be hard work, crazy, but genuinely amazing and very loving 

Edited by Jestwinged

It can be super cute without a doubt <3 

sig-4389162.pinkiedash_by_aosion-d7vtk73

I suppose.

I mean, it could be if you think they look cute together or like the fan material.

Personally, I don't think they're cute together.

I suppose.

I mean, it could be if you think they look cute together or like the fan material.

Personally, I don't think they're cute together.

Fan art and fics are a big component for me. Like I've said a few times, I'm into Polyamory shipping. I ship all of the mane six and their individual pairings (save a few) simultaneously. They all have their merits and charm to them, including RainbowPie. That charm may not appeal to every single person for any variety of people, but in my eyes Many of the ships work out great. 

Pinkie x Rainbow's dynamic is similar to Steve Urkel and Laura from Family Matters, assuming you've seen that 90's sitcom.

While Pinkie isn't a Nerd, she is persistent and affectionate in much the same way as Urkel was, and Laura was just as dispassionate about the whole affair as Dash was with her running and hiding any chance she got. Pinkie has this same persistent nature with everyone in her life, she wants to make that effort to at least be friends with someone else, and how much more effort would she go through to get the affection of someone she wants to be with (assuming we are talking in fanfic territory). This is the way I'd write a fanfic between the two of them anyway, Playing up Dash wanting to be against the idea, but Pinkies affection while not stepping over the line into stalker territory (at least for the most part lol) is persistent enough to break through her shell of insecurity and false bravado. A number of my favorite pairings have worked this trope, the teasing affectionate and the Tsundere, including my all time favorite Konata x Kagami 

ep7Kagamistillblushes.png

If that kind of relationship dynamic isn't really your cup of tea, that makes sense, but it can have some really great character moments. For instance, Konata (the blue haired girl) while she is teasing and affectionate waits for all this time for Kagami (The purple haired girl) To make that effort to close the distance and say she wants to be with Konata. They both know individually that they want to be in that relationship, and Konata can read her like an open book, but Kagami is extremely unsure about her feelings or even if Konata feels the same way (since she can't tell when she's joking or being serious).

Konata plays her hand close to her chest, leaving it available for Kagami to confess but never forcing a confession onto her. As the series goes on in the sequel manga series, they beat around this particular bush quite a bit, Kagami growing constantly closer and closer to the edge of coming out and confessing her feelings until she finally gives in and confesses years later, rewarding all the hard work and effort Konata put into courting her in the first place. 

https://mlpforums.com/blog/2137/entry-13947-my-otp-expressing-my-love-for-one-of-my-favorite-pairings/<- I go into more detail about this in this blog post 

My point with the Urkel/Laura and Konata/Kagami ships is that this dynamic could easily be portrayed between Pinkie and Dash and could make for some great fic writing without breaking either of their characters in the process. It would bring their own flavor into this trope. Like I said though, this is far from the only ship I have with either of these two or any of the mane six, but I can see the merits of RainbowPie none the less. 

• 7 years later...