Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the Birthdays of the Mane Six?

Aurora Storm

So there have been birthdays mentioned in the show Pinkie and Rainbow Dash? Do we have any way of knowing what days the others fall on? I guess we can go on the episode Party of One for Pinkie's day and Pinkie Pride for RD's birthday and the day before Pinkie's birthday is said to be Gummy's.. But, have their been any other clues to the birthdays of the other ponies? If so, I can't remember any hints except for when Pinkie was mentioning how many days each background pony had until their birthday right before breaking out into the Smile Song.

Oops...Almost forgot Spike. He had a birthday episode too!

Edited by Aurora Storm

Do they even have actual dates in MLP? and well, we know Fluttershy is one year older than Pinkie. I don't remember exactly what episode but I'm sure some people remember this moment.

Pinkie said something like "Your auntie Pinkie Pie" and fluttershy said "I'm one year older than you"

Do they even have actual dates in MLP? and well, we know Fluttershy is one year older than Pinkie. I don't remember exactly what episode but I'm sure some people remember this moment.

Pinkie said something like "Your auntie Pinkie Pie" and fluttershy said "I'm one year older than you"

I guess I could just go look up the dates those episodes aired and treat them as their birthdays. I'm just trying to remind any other references to birthdays of other characters.

So there have been birthdays mentioned in the show Pinkie and Rainbow Dash? Do we have any way of knowing what days the others fall on? I guess we can go on the episode Party of One for Pinkie's day and Pinkie Pride for RD's birthday and the day before Pinkie's birthday is said to be Gummy's.. But, have their been any other clues to the birthdays of the other ponies? If so, I can't remember any hints except for when Pinkie was mentioning how many days each background pony had until their birthday right before breaking out into the Smile Song.

Oops...Almost forgot Spike. He had a birthday episode too!

Hi, I took the liberty of editing the thread title for accuracy, which may also help get more people to check it out.
  • Brohoof 1

There is Twilight´s birthday in "Sweet and Elite" [s2E09].

Since its script was originally done for season 1 (as part of the "Saga of the Gala"); there is a line from Twilight sugesting it has not happened yet:

Twilight Sparkle: All of those ponies look so posh. And with the Grand Galloping Gala coming up, I bet you could totally get some of them to buy your dresses. Very smart!

We know this episode can not had happened closer to the second Gala of "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" [s5E07] [even if we assume it happened just after Magical Mystery Cure [s3E13]; because in the same episode Fluttershy mentions her travel to go to see the breezies ("Three's a Crowd" [s4E11]), were there was a cameo of the pegasus Flash Sentry [who was presented as "a new royal guard" by Cadance in the first Equestria Girls that happened at the "Fall Formal" event of C.H.S. but sometime before the second "Summer Sun Celebration" (the Equestria solstice from Spring to Summer).

Then, since it was summer when Twilight got the tickets for the first Gala in "Ticket Master" [s1E03]:

Fluttershy: Oh, well, hello Twilight. I hope you don't mind, but we're all doing a little spring cleaning for you.

Twilight Sparkle: It's summer.

And it is implied the event that is "upcoming" in the same episode happens at the begining of a season:

Spike: [clears throat] Hear ye, hear ye. Her Grand Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce The Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of, eh, yadda yadda yadda, cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest.

Then we can assume Twilight´s birthday happens between the "longest day of the year" (solstice from Spring to Summer) and the next equinox (Summer to Autum); being closer to the latter.

It also means her first birthday as an alicorn has already happened; unless she decided to celebrate instead the day of Magical Mystery Cure, (since she was "reborn" after being vaporized by the elements), that will happen a little before the third Summer Sun Celebration.

Edited by SilverComet

1st, a brief digression into "When do the seasons take place?" According to Hasbro, the 1st 3 seasons cover 1 year. The pilot is from June 19 to June 21 or 22 (depends on "How long did it take them to get to the castle & beat Nightmare Moon?")year 1. Season 4, Princess Twilight covers June 19 to June 21 or 22 year 2 (time is a little messed up) Season 5, Scaremaster is Oct. 31 year 2. Allowing for opener & Castle, Sweet Castle, year 4 lasts to 2nd or 3rd week of October & season 5 is mid October to winter of year 2.

So, Pinkie Pride (S4) Dash says she came to town on her birthday. + in Super Speedy ... 6000, she complains about never getting any cider (IMO, early Oct -most cider fests are). So, her birthday has to be between early July & late September.

Spike is hatched when Twilight is applying for Celestia's School. In the USA, this would be between the end of Spring term & the start of Fall term. For various reasons, IMO school in EQ is early August to early May. In Secret of My Excess, he is shown trying to steal Scootaloo's scooter from the Crusaders. This means it is after Call of the Cutie (early Aug), so probably May or June

In Sweet & Elite, Rarity mentions it is several months to the Galloping Gala. Make New Friends... is in Season 5, which means the Gala is in November or December. (IMO, 1st season it is Nov. 21 but it may not be the exact same day every year) This means Twilight's birthday is probably in the Spring, but all that can be said for certain is probably not Oct. or Nov.

Party of 1 is mentioned as being in the Spring, so Gummy's birthday is then.

There isn't enough info to even guess when the other birthdays are

Snip.

You should not use normal months names in Equestria. Neither assume they are 12 or their duration being ~30 days (the only thing we know about them is that at least one of the months have 21 days or more).

An Equestrian year could be longer than 365 days (it will explain a lot of things); based on the translation of the planet around a center of mass that is never visible from Equestria (a black hole or a small red dwarf in a tidal lock); requiring the use of a suspended artificial sun and moon to provide light (but not the main anciliary heat, that will be transported by winds from the "always day" side).