Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Dead Space Thread

Plasmastorm X-15

Im sure at least some of ya are familiar with the survival horror game series Dead Space. Seeing as how it's very challenging & a good complex story-line i say it should be more known.

The series has had 5 Games, 2 movies, 2 books & 2 comic series.

Games -

Dead Space

Dead Space: Ignition (Arcade)

Dead Space 2 + Severed DLC

Dead Space: Extraction (Wii)

Dead Space Mobile

Movies -

Dead Space: Aftermath - Live action

Dead Space: Downfall - Animated

Books -

Dead Space: Martyr

Dead Space: Salvage

Comics -

Dead Space

Dead Space: Extraction

I have yet to read the Books or Comics or even see the Movies but im looking forward to them.

Edited by PlasmastormX-15

What part you don't like about it?

Alot of things.

1. You only play as 4 necromorphs. The Pack, The Lurker, The Puker, & The Spitter.

The only one good is the Puker. The Lurker is mainly used for camping & The Packs are mainly used for grabbing ppl. & it`s just like Gears of War how when your in a chainsaw duel with someone & this one guy interferes & kills one of them, In DS2 MP when you get grabbed another necromorph can come & smack you while your grabbed & you still lose health killing you quicker. & the spitter sucks.

You have to Upgrade the nercomorphs to get their grabs, Level up to unlock special shit for the humans, Theirs only a few game modes & i don`t think you don`t get any other gun. You just have the pulse rifle.

I love Dead Space! Though i've only played through the first one. The scare wore off after awhile as it was the same over and over, though i liked the story a lot. Thought the gameplay was fun to.

I played the second game quite a bit, loved every moment of it. The sound design, atmosphere, gameplay, all superb.

I've not played many horror genre games but this one definitely among the best from what I've witnessed. Necromorphs are also very neat enemies and my favourite would have to be the stalker for how many times it has freaked me out.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I played the second game quite a bit, loved every moment of it. The sound design, atmosphere, gameplay, all superb.

I've not played many horror genre games but this one definitely among the best from what I've witnessed. Necromorphs are also very neat enemies and my favourite would have to be the stalker for how many times it has freaked me out.

Posted Image

I Fuckin hate stalkers...you know that they are made out of animals right?

About halfway through Dead Space 1, and thoroughly enjoying Dead Space Mobile. Soon after, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space Extraction HD (when I finally get my PS Move).

About halfway through Dead Space 1, and thoroughly enjoying Dead Space Mobile. Soon after, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space Extraction HD (when I finally get my PS Move).

Extraction is only on the Wii from what i know.

I Fuckin hate stalkers...you know that they are made out of animals right?

I didn't know that. It would explain their unique anatomy, plated skull and screeching sounds. Definitely my favourite necromorph by far, love their design, fear factor, and sounds~

I should really purchase Dead Space I sometime... and re-purchase Dead Space II.

Also, now that this thread is being lead by Isaac Clark himself, I can only expect great things.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't know that. It would explain their unique anatomy, plated skull and screeching sounds. Definitely my favourite necromorph by far, love their design, fear factor, and sounds~

I should really purchase Dead Space I sometime... and re-purchase Dead Space II.

Also, now that this thread is being lead by Isaac Clark himself, I can only expect great things.

I assure you it will. I even have Dead Space 3 in Development currently.

Extraction is only on the Wii from what i know.

An HD remaster was packaged with the PS3 Limited Edition of Dead Space 2, retooled for PS Move support.

I'm actualy on the first one (some frineds told me it's the best of the serie), I'm in the level where the place is full of toxic gas and you have to kill all the monsters who create it.

This game is horible, he's one of the three horor game I realy apreciate ( with amnesia and the old Resident Evils on my playstation).

For what i've seen it's a masterpiece:

-the graphism are perfect

-they managed to give us a variety of "decors" even if we are in a spaceship

-the enemy's design is horible but they are still trying to use the effect of surprise to frightened you

-the story, and the way it's slowly revealed, so dark and awesome

- teh fact that there's no indication on the screen: you are not playing the game, you are in the game

And why I enjoy it so much ? Two things:

First, they still use the element of surprise, wich is preety rare nowadays, and in a very smart way. They often show you a monster far away, runing out or jumping in a fan. You know he'll be back so you pay attention, you stand colse to the wall, hearing every noise, and you dont realise that one of the dead body in front of you is not soo dead.

Second, this:

Posted Image

Welcome to dead space budy, enjoy it as long as you can ^^

DS: 2 amazing. I loved that game SO MUCH. Creepy as hay, I remember you get to the part where those things that hide and then dash at you. Oh man, that was adrenaline pumpin dude!

Definitely a great series. One of the games where I felt the sequel really improved on the original. Such great atmosphere and story-telling... not the mention the stalkers are just about the scariest things to happen to game enemies.

Spoilered because partial dialogue spoilers, and it's an image:

post-2368-0-43968200-1336190463_thumb.png

I loved Dead Space it was a great series and I can't wait for Dead Space 3 to come out. I also didn't like the multiplayer in 2 mostly was because I always seemed to play with hackers and they seemed to always have infinite health so that killed it for me.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm a big fan/ nerd of Dead Space. I have played all the games and read all the comics and seen the movies! I don't know why, but its like i'm addicted to it. Anyone else love the series?

I have both games and am eagerly awaiting the third instalment even if it does seem to bend towards the action/adventure side of genre then the horror side.

I have seen one of the animated movies but I've forgotten the name and, sadly, I have never read any comics.

I've beaten 1 twice, I've beaten 2 about 15 times, I finished the one spinoff on the Wii (For some reason I cannot remember its name), and I finished the mobile one. I love the series, but looking at the 3rd installment, I am beginning to think it's not really a horror game anymore, it looks like a general action/shooter game.

I will admit while it is fun, I wish it were more challenging. Isaac is extremely over-powered compared to other horror games. Usually the main character has a tough time defeating enemies, Isaac just blasts through them. I kinda would like a upscale in difficulty in the next game.