Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Halo, And Games From Our Past.

TheMaskMaker

I'm not one to let a game's age ruin the experience. If it's not as optimized as other games I'll be okay. :P

and that's the best kind of opinion to have, on any medium of art really. The only thing worth measuring is the game's ability to make you emotionally invested.

I feel it's not fair to judge a game entirely on the merits of other games like it. Every game is its own enclosed experience.

Now you can imagine how many games remain on my "will play someday" list! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I feel it's not fair to judge a game entirely on the merits of other games like it. Every game is its own enclosed experience.

Now you can imagine how many games remain on my "will play someday" list! :lol:

And that, my friend, is why I have an unreasonably large steam library. "will play someday"

• Brohoof 1

I was born in 2001, so I didn't play that many classics aside from a few games on the SNES when I was younger, but out of my era, a few games that I can still to this day enjoy playing including of Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed, Simpsons Hit and Run, Sonic the Hedgehog, just to name a few.

• Brohoof 1

I bought 'Command & Conquer: The First Decade' a little while ago, mostly for nostalgic reasons. Playing Red alert, Tiberium Sun, Generals etc. was good fun, but what surprised me most was just how much fun Red Alert 2 was.

The good pace, the varied and interesting units, two fun campaigns (four with Yuri's revenge, although those campaigns weren't quite as good) and the genuinely different yet surprisingly well-balanced factions all combined to make a really good experience. I hadn't appreciated it the first time, probably due to a lack of skill, but having played Starcraft II (which really taught me how to play an RTS - and that was just the WoL campaign) I could look upon it with a slightly more skilled eye and appreciate it that much more (for example, understanding a simple build order and army composition - grizzly tanks / sniper IFV / repair IFVs, that sort of thing.)

And that, my friend, is why I have an unreasonably large steam library. "will play someday"

And why my shelf literally has over 3-400 games on it, almost a third of them unbeaten. <.< >.> :D

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, nostalgia... One moment.

*stares at game shelf*

TES IV?

Oblivion's mah jam :3

I would say Halo but that's too popular B)

More stuff I liked from my deep past:

Galaga

GTA San Andreas (I know someone already mentioned it)[the original BTW, not the revamp]

COD Big Red One & Finest Hour

Assassin's Creed, even tho that may be too recent?

..... Pac Man :3

Hue hue

Edited by @lpha

Hmmm, nostalgia... One moment.

*stares at game shelf*

TES IV?

Oblivion's mah jam :3

I would say Halo but that's too popular B)

More stuff I liked from my deep past:

Galaga

GTA San Andreas (I know someone already mentioned it)[the original BTW, not the revamp]

COD Big Red One & Finest Hour

Assassin's Creed, even tho that may be too recent?

..... Pac Man :3

Hue hue

Galaga is my jimmy jams, man. Love it. Also a big fan of Big Red One, god that's a visceral game.

I played the hell out of Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour back in the day, thanks to the Rise of the Reds mod, I got back into it recently.

I remember my friend driving me up the wall building all over the map as the GLA Stealth General. If I wasn't so focused on the Hard AIs, I would never had given him the time he needed to build stinger sites all over the place. He knows how to turn a match into a two hour long round of hide and seek. Good times though.

• Brohoof 2

I played the hell out of Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour back in the day, thanks to the Rise of the Reds mod, I got back into it recently.

I remember my friend driving me up the wall building all over the map as the GLA Stealth General. If I wasn't so focused on the Hard AIs, I would never had given him the time he needed to build stinger sites all over the place. He knows how to turn a match into a two hour long round of hide and seek. Good times though.

Command and Conquer is the one RTS I regret not trying out. Out of all of my gaming buddies, I never had one that would enjoy one with me.

Except for Age of Empires II, haven't met anyone who doesn't adore that game.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best PC games from the '90s that I wish would get some attention was Interstate '76.  It used the engine from Mechwarrior2, which for the time was pretty good, and it scratched a serious itch right at the time I was starting to drive.  Oh and, fun fact, the main villian was actually voiced by Discord.

• 5 years later...