spoiler Twilight's Parents Names?

Sidral Mundet

So in the Season 6 premier, Twilight and Shining Armor's parents were given their first speaking role and were listed in the credits:

large.png Now first thing is I really like that they are played by the same VC that does the child of their respective gender, that's pretty cool.

But what's weird is how they credit them, as Mr and Mrs. Sparkle. Now I've been under the impression surnames (ie last/family names) do not exist in Equestria, similar to how it works in other forms of media like Dragon Ball and Avatar (and yes I am aware of exceptions in each) or at the very least are rare to say the least.  But does this mean that Sparkle is indeed a family name? Is Shining full name Shining Armor Sparkle? Did Cadence take on the last name? Does Flurry Heart now share this name?  Or do we just take the credits with a grain of salt and not assume they are the final word on their names? I mean Derpy was once credited as Derpy but was then changed to Muffin, so it could still be up in the air. What do you think about the naming convention? 

• Brohoof 1

I was curious about this too since some media (cards and games) called Twi's Mom Twilight Velvet.

Twilight Velvet Sparkle?

Also,

Mr._Sparkle.png

• Brohoof 2

According to the comics, their dad's name is Night Light, though with the title naming him Mr. Sparkle does put a bit of a damper on that cannoncity. Still it may be true still as the episode credits card never quote said what his name was other than he's Twilight and Shining's Father ala 'Mr. Sparkle' as was 'Mrs. Sparkle'.

That is odd, since they HAVE names. Twilight Velvet and Night Light. Going by that, it'd be Mr. Light and Mrs. Velvet.. right?
That's really odd, maybe they just.. assumed they didn't have names while doing the credits? So they just kinda.. did that?

Or, maybe not everyone know the names of her parents, so they put them as Mr./Mrs. Sparkle in the credits so people can identify them. I never knew her dad's name, and seeing the credits list "Night Light" I'd have no idea who that was.

That is odd, since they HAVE names. Twilight Velvet and Night Light. Going by that, it'd be Mr. Light and Mrs. Velvet.. right?

That's really odd, maybe they just.. assumed they didn't have names while doing the credits? So they just kinda.. did that?

Doesn't seem too strange of a mistake to me, The credits people probably just look at the show as a job and aren't up to date on all the side characters like bronies are.

Doesn't seem too strange of a mistake to me, The credits people probably just look at the show as a job and aren't up to date on all the side characters like bronies are.

Yeah, I meant it in that way. I doubt they care too much to be honest. 

They are Twilight Velvet and Night Light for me since probably 2013, maybe even 2012.

According to the comics, their dad's name is Night Light, though with the title naming him Mr. Sparkle does put a bit of a damper on that cannoncity. Still it may be true still as the episode credits card never quote said what his name was other than he's Twilight and Shining's Father ala 'Mr. Sparkle' as was 'Mrs. Sparkle'.

Thing is, Night Light is a fan given name, and since the comics tend to see more of our community and nods more openly. Twi's mom on the other hand, she has been officially given the name of Twilight Velvet in the Gamelof's game at least, and the TCC according to a post above :huh: