Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life Anthro RP

J.R.

@Pripyat Pony

Malfoy blushed once again but this time accompanied by his tail wiggling loose from behind enough to wag. *she's really inviting me to her home?* He thought to himself anxiously. *Let alone to claim dibs on any art* (on phone no italics lol)

"y-yeah sure, I suppose I can spare a bit more time out of my day." He said feeling slightly nervous of any possible implications.

Mary gave Denise the money needed for the game, and took it, "Thanks! I'm gonna have so much fun with this. But day after tomorrow, because the summer festival's coming!" She grinned, "Oh, are either of you going to it tomorrow? There's gonna be food, a bikini contest, and a swimming contest."

Denise took the money and stuffed it in the register.

"Oh, I forgot about that thing," she shrugged, "I never really go, but... I guess I could check it out this year? I dunno."

"Hmm, Denise," Kronos replied with a calm, slow tone, "That's a fine name. Never met a lot of gals by that name. Mine's Kronos. In case you didn't notice," he shifted his body slightly to show off his instrument case, "I'm a musician. A rather good one at it, too. What's your type? Pop? Rock? R&B? Jazz? Country? C'mon, baby, I'm curious. What's your musical poison? Just tell me and I can serenade you into my grasp in one verse."

She turned her eyes to look at Kronos, and blinked slowly.

The hell's with this guy?

"Uh, rock and metal I guess?" She muttered.

Scarlet was surprised by Blitz's answer and was even more curious about him at this point. He had left before she had managed to ask him anything, though. The bird looked at the pocture one more time before setting it back where she got it. "He must be sad, living here all alone." She thought, before looking around the house in an attempt to find more information about Blitz.

Kronos gave a smirk and raised eyebrow at the rat. "Ohh, you're one of those gals that likes rock and roll, huh?" he replied as his ears perked up, " A rebel, hehehe. I like a girl with a little fire. Well, then. You mind if I play a verse or two in here?" He began to pull out his instrument when Denise said........

(edited)

sig-4456131.sig-4455193.RenMizu_zps4dy2j

@@captainborgue@@Mentis Soliloquy

“Oh, leaving already? Well, all right, it was nice to meet you, Crystal. Hope to see you around!” Ren watched the uniformed pony leave the café before his attention went back to Rose.

The mako couldn’t help but blush slightly at the pegasus’s comment about being on the flirtatious stage, along with that wink she gave him. He was a little glad she couldn’t see his face. His blush only grew deeper and made him embarrassed when she called him hot stuff. Why is he so weak when it comes to people giving him compliments, especially if they are coming the opposite gender?

Lake. There’s that word again. His memories were still a tad foggy from before. Ren remembered everything he did since he woke up this morning to the time he arrived in Amber Crust. He recalls wandering around the town, but everything after that drew a blank, up until when he met the dragoness who were gracious enough to help him. He hoped he didn’t do anything embarrassing in front of that nice lady. Okay, a reminder, I need to find the dragoness again and thank her properly when I get the chance. Ren made a mental note to himself.

“Oh, you have no idea how divine the lake sounds to me right now. As for a picnic-“ At the mention of that word, Ren’s stomach growled rather loudly causing him to blush once again, “Um, as you have probably heard that, a picnic would be nice, so I’m definitely in. Should we pick up what we need here, or head over to a general store, or grocery store? Oh wait, do you need to grab a bathing suit? I am not about to have fun the the water by myself.”

Rose had a pretty good bead on Crystal's location, and gave her- or whoever was standing about where Crystal's voice was coming from- a hug. "Don't be a stranger, ok?" Rose said, smiling. "I mean, you'll see me way before I see you. A little blind humor there," Rose said, laughing.

Even though she had been the one to suggest it, Rose didn't actually have any kind of plan for a picnic whatsoever- but luckily the cafe was very inexpensive, so it made sense to get supplies and stuff here. "Well, I honestly hadn't expected you to say yes, so I didn't really have a plan. Since we are already here and all though, may as well get some snacky things and whatnot," Rose said, thoughtfully. "I don't have a bathing suit, because I am terrified of going in the water. But, provided you aren't secretly a crazy Murdering Murderer of Extra Murder, I will at least try it out. The getting into the water thing," Rose said, trying some deep breathing exercises to calm herself down. The idea of getting into the water was... uncomfortable, to say the least. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Besides, if she was going to need saving anyway, at least there'd be an aquatic species nearby. Assuming, of course, the Murdering Murderer thing didn't apply. "I can just wear undies in the water, it's not like there's a difference between that and a bikini anyway. That just leaves the question of what are you going to do for me in exchange? I mean, asking a girl to get mostly naked and face her biggest fear is a pretty bold move for a first date. Normally it's like, dinner and a movie. Which, by the way, there are not a lot of movies that would be any fun for me. So I dig the out of the box thing," Rose said, teasing him. "I'll think of something later. For right now, let's get the requisite sundries and get to the lake."

Edited by captainborgue
  • Brohoof 1

@@J.R.

Copper couldn't help but grin at the thought of being in a Summer Festival.  It sounded so much fun, then he remembered why he was in this city.  "I came here to do just that, go to the festival.  I plan on participating in the swimming contest, just to have a little fun."

(edited)

@Unicorncob

After a few minutes of doing nothing, Apep left her home and simply slithered around town. "I wonder what Malfoy is up to?" She thought to herself, before noticing a game store. Out of curiosity, she entered and began to look around.

@captainborgue

Eventually, Blitz came to a shoreline and noticed a dragoness basking in the sun. "I guess I might as well try to talk to somebody." He thought to himself, before approaching her. "Weren't you the dragoness that was with that kitsune earlier at the cafe?" He asked, somewhat curious.

Edited by Drago Ryder

(edited)

Kerrigan was laying on her stomach, wings spread out, soaking up the delicious warm rays of an early summer sun. This was absolutely perfect basking weather- she could feel her mind becoming less foggy and her metabolism increasing. It may not even be necessary for the full three hours of basking to get to the metabolic rate she desired. Though as basking was as close as it came to idleness or recreation, she still would of course. She heard someone approaching, but as Kerrigan had a surety of personage and a confident schema regarding herself, she saw no need whatsoever for modesty. A dragoness basking in a bikini was nothing inappropriate anyway. She wore both top and bottom, even though it wasn't as if she had mammary glands to cover with the top, that much at least was an adherence to the existing social structures concerning propriety. and it wasn't uncomfortable or garish, so in this small way she would bend somewhat.

Eventually, Blitz came to a shoreline and noticed a dragoness basking in the sun. "I guess I might as well try to talk to somebody." He thought to himself, before approaching her. "Weren't you the dragoness that was with that kitsune earlier at the cafe?" He asked, somewhat curious.

"I do not recall being specifically in the company of a kitsune, no," Kerrigan said, turning her head slightly so as not to swallow or snort sand as she talked. She dislike the use of the informal 'kitsune' title for fox people- foxes belonged to the genus Rufus, which was a more precise taxonomy, and did not carry the weird sexualized stigma of kitsune. "There was a shark boy, which was fascinating to see. Unless you were referring to Mary Alice, though I do not believe she is rufus- though she is definitely Canis, which is closely related to Rufus. Perhaps that is who you were thinking of," Kerrigan said, stretching her wings and legs as she began to stir. She had allotted for six 30-minute periods alternate sides, and unless she was very much mistaken, it was time to flip over onto her back. A beeping from her nearby phone confirmed it, and Kerrigan slowly got to her feet, stretched her arms and legs, and gave her wings a couple of flaps. Once her stretching regimen was complete, she gave the new voice a good once over- A dark colored dragon with blue accent markings stood nearby. Well muscled, a bit toothier than herself, a great deal younger. Could have been a student at the mixed middle/high school in town. an aesthetically pleasing specimen or a male of her kind- though Kerrigan had no interest in courtship behaviors. "Your color morph is most unusual- is that natural or artificially enhanced?" she asked, genuinely curious. No doubt he had seen the Yggdrasil covering most of her back- as her wings were spread, they would not have concealed much of it. And, of course, the patterning tattooed on her wings, as well. "It would make basking much less time consuming, I'm sure," she said, before shifting over a couple of feet and laying back down. She didn't want to lay in the exact spot she'd just left, as the sun would have warmed the sand around it, and laying down on freshly hot sand was a lovely sensation. "It is not my intent to be rude, but I had set aside a very specific schedule for basking today, and as everything else I had set out to do has not gone according to plan, I am adhering most fervently to my basking regimen. feel free to 'pull up a spot', as the saying goes. It is lovely basking weather today," Kerrigan added, extending him an invitation to join her.

Hannibal Kerrigan did not often associate with others beyond formalities, but that did not mean she had no social life or that she did not enjoy company. The majority mammalian and herbivorous residents of Amber Crust saw her as something akin to a known- but currently inactive- threat, like a live volcano that shows no signs of eruption. While this perception was most useful in her role at the school, it was more of a nuisance outside of her work. Seeing another dragon was a rare enough event that it warranted some additional social interaction. "I do not believe we have been introduced. My name is Hannibal Kerrigan- technically Doctor Hannibal Kerrigan, though as I am neither in a professional setting nor do I intend to use my PsyD for its intended purpose, the honorific is mostly reserved for if I require additional social stigma in order to intimidate a particularly problematic student. My clan's nomenclature is reversed from typical mammalian naming convention, so it's either Dr. Hannibal in a formal environment, or Kerrigan in such occasions as this. You do not look familiar, though based on physiology and color morph I would guess young adult, late teens early twenties. Having not seen you at the school, I am left to conclude you are either visiting Amber Crust for the festival, or you graduated prior to my arrival as Headmistress. But as the existing social convention considers it rude to outright ask one's age, I shall simply ask your name, if you do not mind."

Edited by captainborgue

I walked along the desolate boulevard. Well, almost desolate, but not really. I walked past a coffee shop door before turning around on my heel and walking back to the door and through it into the shop.

@J.R.

I walked up to the counter, and finding a male cashier free I said "Hey, could I get a hot chocolate please?"

(edited)

"We did it. I don't now how we did it, but we did. Alright, I'll send a Watermarked and downgraded version of the image to the client, once the pay comes through we can send through the unmarked image in full resolution. And then we can relax. The question is, what do you want to do while we wait Shizuko?"

"Well, maybe it would be a good idea to venture outside and get a look at some of the spots we may be visiting tomorrow. It's afternoon now, so this would be the best time to get pictures. If you don't want pictures It would always make for a nice little piece to sketch. Maybe we could draw a picture of a few buildings around town?"

"Yeah we could do that. I don't want to waste too much electricity, since we need it to last until I have to send the full image. Which may be in a few hours, depending on if the client is busy or not. Which they usually are on days like today. I haven't sketched anything for a while now. Maybe it will be fun. That and playing board games with you over and over again, just to lose over and over again, gets really boring."

"Yet you still always challenge me to RTS games because you're better at them. Hypocrite."

"You really know everything don't you."

"I don't know everything. I just know what I know."

"Alright, enough with your references and put some shoes on. We're going for a little walk around town."

*stomach growl* "Can I bring the Ice Cream?"

*grr* "Fine you can bring some. Only some. A small bowl at max. You're not walking about with a tub of Ice Cream. You'll get sick and won't be able to get the festival tomorrow."

"Fair enough."

Shizuko did exactly as she desired. Taking a small disposable bowl and spoon, and overflowing it with as much Ice Cream as she could just to wind her brother up. Once the two had the appropriate attire on, they stepped outside into the ground floor of a moderately size apartment complex, the view they got was not exactly a seller, but it was the best they could do for now. A top floor room would be nice, a view to go with it. Ryo thought to himself and he and Shizuko left the building and headed with no direction in particular in mind originally. They thought they would go to maybe the centre of town, the should get a good grasp of the more popular buildings from that point. They could draw something from that place.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@captainborgue

"My coloration is natural, though I can see why you might think otherwise. As for the offer, thank you. It has been some time since I was last able to relax." The dragon then laid down next to Kerrigan, but not to close to make it uncomfortable for either of them. Blitz didn't know why he was doing this. Maybe it was because this was the first dragon he had seen outside of whatever family he had left. Maybe it was because being a "lone wolf" was driving him to the brink of insanity. Either way, he was already in a conversation and it would be rude to leave so early. "You aren't to far off with my age, either. That being said, seeing as how you told me a bit about yourself, it is only fair that I do the same. My name is Blitz, and I actually lived in Amber Crust when I was young. Unforeseen circumstances forced my family to move out of town, though.. While I was away, I went through high school and college, before getting my degree in computer programming and agriculture, major and minor respectively. I just moved back last year and tend to my family's farm." The dragon felt weird talking about himself, but he tried his best to ignore it.

@@Chip Circuit, "Fantastic," Gemma replied with a smile. After she'd finished her coffee, she got her bag and took Malfoy to the house where she lived with her parents. Neither were there; her father was on the golf course and her mother was of course working in the boutique.

@@Pripyat Pony

Malfoy closed up his Laptop after saving his project as Gemma begun grabbing her things. He slid it in his laptop bag which he threw over his shoulder so the bag was resting on the side of his hip. 

He then followed Gemma out of the shop and through town to her home, the entire trip there the previous feeling of anxiousness only ended up growing as they continued to get closer to her home.

Once there Malfoy kept a smile on his face and his tail wagged slightly as he waited for Gemma to lead the way inside.

@@Chip Circuit, The house was in a smart block, with a bright green lawn in front next to the driveway. There were hanging baskets of flowers next to the front door.

"Mind your head," Gemma warned, as she fumbled for her key inside her purse. Finding it at last, she let them both inside. The house was classically decorated, with little touches of whimsy; Gemma's mother had spent a lot of time and effort getting it the exact way she wanted it. The effect was comforting rather than intimidating.

I walked along the desolate boulevard. Well, almost desolate, but not really. I walked past a coffee shop door before turning around on my heel and walking back to the door and through it into the shop.

@J.R.

I walked up to the counter, and finding a male cashier free I said "Hey, could I get a hot chocolate please?"

JR looked up at the customer. He greeted them with a smile, "Hey. Welcome to Cafe Shortstop. One hot chocolate coming up." He put a cup under the hot chocolate machine, put a lid on it when it was done, and set it on the counter for her, "That's $1.25 miss. Anything else?"

Denise took the money and stuffed it in the register.

"Oh, I forgot about that thing," she shrugged, "I never really go, but... I guess I could check it out this year? I dunno."

@@J.R.,

Copper couldn't help but grin at the thought of being in a Summer Festival. It sounded so much fun, then he remembered why he was in this city. "I came here to do just that, go to the festival. I plan on participating in the swimming contest, just to have a little fun."

Mary grinned. She found the idea of being in the summer sun with everyone else just so much fun. "It sounds like a lot of fun. I bet there's gonna be a concert held there. Along with an eating contest and great food. Though, I don't really like the water that much."

@@Pripyat Pony

Malfoy looked around the exterior of the house finding far more inviting then his, his driveway was just gravel and his front yard wasn't the best kept lawn anyone would have seen. Let alone this house seemed a bit bigger then his own but this has a family living in it compared to just him in his home.

His ears perked at the click of the lock being disengaged, he turned his head as the door was being opened and he then followed Gemma inside. The inside was immaculate, it seemed everything had a designated spot to coordinate with the rest of the room. Even though it was the first time he had been there he certainly felt as if he were home feeling as comfortable as he did. 

JR looked up at the customer. He greeted them with a smile, "Hey. Welcome to Cafe Shortstop. One hot chocolate coming up." He put a cup under the hot chocolate machine, put a lid on it when it was done, and set it on the counter for her, "That's $1.25 miss. Anything else?"

Mary grinned. She found the idea of being in the summer sun with everyone else just so much fun. "It sounds like a lot of fun. I bet there's gonna be a concert held there. Along with an eating contest and great food. Though, I don't really like the water that much."

Kronos' ears perked towards the snow cat's direction and went towards him. "Did you just say 'concert'?" He asked with much interest, "Cuz if there is," he pulled over his instrument case to JR, "I'm more than willing to play a gig, paid or free, I dont really care. I just wanna do something for once."

I grabbed the hot chocolate and said thanks while the exact amount of money was leviated out of my shirt pocket. "Thanks." I went to turn away, before turning back and speaking again. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what is everyone else doing here? It seems rather crowded."

After a few minutes of doing nothing, Apep left her home and simply slithered around town. "I wonder what Malfoy is up to?" She thought to herself, before noticing a game store. Out of curiosity, she entered and began to look around.

Denise looked up and saw the reptilian girl slither into the store. "Welcome to The Black Gate, have a look around and gimme a shout if you need anything."

"Hey, I'm down with free food," she snickered, leaning on the counter, "Yeah, if you're going, we could meet up here. Get a little posse going, huh?"

Kronos gave a smirk and raised eyebrow at the rat. "Ohh, you're one of those gals that likes rock and roll, huh?" he replied as his ears perked up, " A rebel, hehehe. I like a girl with a little fire. Well, then. You mind if I play a verse or two in here?" He began to pull out his instrument when Denise said........

She looked over at Kronos, who was opening his case, and blinked. "Um, sure, if you want...?"

Scarlet sighed as she sat at the dining room table in Blitz's home. She has scoured over every inch of her emplyer's home and she had found nothing about his past or his family. "Who is this guy?" She thought to herself. She had gotten all of her stuff unpacked and had settled in. The hawk then decided that it would be best to eat and look around town for something to do.

(edited)

Shizuko and Ryo took a seat somewhere in town, they presumed they were close to the centre, but couldn't exactly be sure. Slightly down the road and across the street from them was a little coffee shop that seemed to be somewhat popular with the people, it looked somewhat packed from his angle. Deciding this would be a good place to set down for a while, Ryo took out his sketch book and a pencil from the bag he had brought with him and started to draw the Cafe from the angle he could see it at. It was at a slight angle, so you would still go the road and the pathway in the shot, a few other buildings would also be outlined along the edges, but having the Cafe as the centre of the image to draw most of the focus, which is also the point of the image he will put the most detail into.

"A scene like this would make a great backdrop for a visual novel. Maybe a transition area, with the next image in sequence being the inside of the shop and maybe some CG's of everyone sitting at the table with a slice of cake and a hot drink. Immersion is important after all. Maybe I'll put some more effort into this for reference if we ever get a commission for something like this. VN backdrops are my favourite. Shizuko, do me a favour please? In this frame here," He put his hands up into a picture frame shape, boxing in everything he would be drawing. "Could you stand in alternate places in which you think it would make for a nice place to put an NPC?"

"Sure. I can do that. But you realise how stupid we're going to look right now,"

"No price is too great to pay for a chance like this. Unless I have to pay money, because we have non. You get the metaphor. Oh, and could you do poses as well? Please?"

"Okay okay. I'll go."

Shizuko walked down the street until she was in front of the Cafe, most of what she was doing was standing still in various poses, walking, leaning against a wall, sitting on a bench. Basic things a normal person would do, though she was most likely right that they looked like idiots right now. An 11 year old posing while a 19 year old took sketch images of her. Completely normal behaviour.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

She looked over at Kronos, who was opening his case, and blinked. "Um, sure, if you want...?"

Kronos opened his case and pulled out his triple-necked instrument.

"Ishabada?" Blob asked.

"Yes, Blob, I am gonna play this." Kronos replied to his pet. Blob crawled his way into Kronos' instrument case and went into a pocket made just for him inside. After rolling his eyes at his pet, Kronos started tuning his instrument. "Okay, here we go, this is an old song that I loved to play back in the day," After a few chords, he began playing:

Love is like a bomb. Bomb. Love is like a bomb. Yeah.

Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on

Lemme lemme hear ya on the radar phone

Lemme lemme get in lemme get in sweet baby

Demolition woman, can I be your man? Yeah!!!

Take a bottle! Shake it up!

Break the bubble! Loosen up, yeah!

Pour some sugar on me!!! (Ohh, in the name of love)

Pour your sugar in me!!! (C'mon, baby, fire me up)

"Well," Kronos panted, "Whadya think?"

I grabbed the hot chocolate and said thanks while the exact amount of money was leviated out of my shirt pocket. "Thanks." I went to turn away, before turning back and speaking again. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what is everyone else doing here? It seems rather crowded."

JR sighed and hung his head, "Ughhh I don't know....I really hope I can catch a break soon though. But with this, and the fact that I have to stay here tomorrow during the festival...it's tough." He did look tired, his hair was all wild, "But otherwise it's cool. I can't complain...much."

Denise looked up and saw the reptilian girl slither into the store. "Welcome to The Black Gate, have a look around and gimme a shout if you need anything."

"Hey, I'm down with free food," she snickered, leaning on the counter, "Yeah, if you're going, we could meet up here. Get a little posse going, huh?"

Mary Alice nodded with excitement. She seldom ever had a friend agree to go someplace with her. This would be very interesting for her. "Ooh! Yeah. That would be great. What time should we leave? It'd be best if we get there early so we can get good spots and stuff."

@@Child Of Darkness,

Crystal did not really get far before she forgot where she was supposed to but then the barista did not actually give detailed instructions now that she thought about it. She looked around for some more help, to see almost a normal human bar a few features as she walked over to him. "Um what are you doing and can you help me?" 

Kronos opened his case and pulled out his triple-necked instrument.

"Ishabada?" Blob asked.

"Yes, Blob, I am gonna play this." Kronos replied to his pet. Blob crawled his way into Kronos' instrument case and went into a pocket made just for him inside. After rolling his eyes at his pet, Kronos started tuning his instrument. "Okay, here we go, this is an old song that I loved to play back in the day," After a few chords, he began playing:

Love is like a bomb. Bomb. Love is like a bomb. Yeah.

Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on

Lemme lemme hear ya on the radar phone

Lemme lemme get in lemme get in sweet baby

Demolition woman, can I be your man? Yeah!!!

Take a bottle! Shake it up!

Break the bubble! Loosen up, yeah!

Pour some sugar on me!!! (Ohh, in the name of love)

Pour your sugar in me!!! (C'mon, baby, fire me up)

"Well," Kronos panted, "Whadya think?"

Denise shrugged and decided to watch the show. She knew the song and she liked it, but she wasn't sure what she thought about this dude she barely knew pretty much trying to serenade her in her store.

"That was pretty rad," she nodded, smirking and looking back at Mary.

Mary Alice nodded with excitement. She seldom ever had a friend agree to go someplace with her. This would be very interesting for her. "Ooh! Yeah. That would be great. What time should we leave? It'd be best if we get there early so we can get good spots and stuff."

"That works," she nodded and stretched out her arms idly, "What time's it start at?"