Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life Anthro RP

J.R.

(edited)

@Drago Ryder

Scarlet have a light nod and looked into the air. "Yeah. That's probably it." She said. "Either way, a friend and I are going to the festival tomorrow. What about you?" The hawk was somewhat curious about the snake, and figured that she might as well talk with her for a bit.

Edited by Acnologia

(edited)

@,
JR was wiping away at the counter when the customer walked up and started rattling off all those questions. He held his hands up, "Woah woah woah...slow down dawg." He decided to answer in order, "Let's see...Summer Festival tomorrow, I heard a band is playing there, there's gonna be a bikini contest, eating contest, and swimming contest, and...gals...."

He chuckled and hung his head for a moment. He shrugged and looked back up at him with a small grin, "Can't help ya there, dawg. I'm not a big shot that gets all the girls. I'm just a regular old dude working a regular old job. And unable to enjoy any of what I just said tomorrow due to my terrible work schedule. I suggest you talk to someone else who can actually go...." he said, rolling his eyes.

Edited by J.R.

@,

JR was wiping away at the counter when the customer walked up and started rattling off all those questions. He held his hands up, "Woah woah woah...slow down dawg." He decided to answer in order, "Let's see...Summer Festival tomorrow, I heard a band is playing there, there's gonna be a bikini contest, eating contest, and swimming contest, and...gals...."

He chuckled and hung his head for a moment. He shrugged and looked back up at him with a small grin, "Can't help ya there, dawg. I'm not a big shot that gets all the girls. I'm just a regular old dude working a regular old job. And unable to enjoy any of what I just said tomorrow due to my terrible work schedule. I suggest you talk to someone else who can actually go...." he said, rolling his eyes.

"Aw, sorry to hear that, dude," Kronos replied as compassionately as he could, "I'm sorry if my rapid questions seemed a little, um, insensitive to your current situation. I'm new around here and was just, you know, wandering about looking for things to do and whatnot."

"You can sound like a jerk sometimes," Blob said as he stuck he head out of the instrument case, "But that's just cuz you're mostly unaware of the situation of others."

"Y'know, Blob, how come you sound that intelligible and proper around guys but when we're around girls you sound like you wanna embarass me as much as you can?" Blob simply shrugged and went back into the case. "Anyways, sorry 'bout that, dude. I'll get out of your business. I'll just try to talk to some others 'round here." Wow, I feel bad for the guy, he thought to himself as he exited the coffee shop, I just roam around and gawk with whoever I choose to talk to for my job and meanwhile this guy looks like he's stuck here unable to enjoy any festivities that occur in this town.

Maybe you should try to talk to that guy's boss, Blob thought back in reply.

What the--? Kronos thought again, Blob, how are you in my thoughts?

"Because I'm bored?" Blob guessed out loud in reply. Kronos was about to reply to the Blob when he realized that there was no point in arguing with his special pet. He knew that there were lots of special attributes to his squishy little friend that he has yet to find out.

"Oh well," Kronos tells Blob, "Looks like we're gonna have to find a place to stay if we plan on being in this thing." Blob nodded in agreement.

@@Chip Circuit, "Thank you so much," Gemma replied, smiling happily. "That was one of the paintings that I really enjoyed making; it's wonderful to think that it'll be going to a customer who appreciates it. I do love painting the fantasy pictures, but most people just seem to see the funny pictures."

@@Pripyat Pony

"Well forget them, they don't understand art then." He said looking at more of the paintings closer. "You're talented and have your own unique style, plenty of others online would agree and this room would be emptied out quickly."

Malfoy then walked back to Gemma, his tail still wagging slowly. "But thanks for letting me look at all these," He said smiling. "Perhaps it's time I should get out of your fur so you get ready for the festival."

(edited)

@Acnologia

Apep smiled slightly and gave a small nod. "Yeah, I'm going with a friend as well." She said. Thankfully, the snake knew that some used the festival as a means of finding that special someone, and was tempted to see if Scarlet knew this. "So, is this friend close or is it something else?"

@captainborgue

Blitz nodded slightly and knew what Kerrigan was talking about. "Yeah. I don't really tend to over-exaggerate my capibilities." He said. "That, and I prefer the, 'actions speak louder than words' approach. I'm glad that you consider me a friend, as well."

Edited by Drago Ryder

@@Chip Circuit, "Not to mention my shift this afternoon," Gemma said, glancing at her watch. "I need to grab some lunch and go down to the shop. Then when I get back, I need to sort out everything for the festival tomorrow. My dad is going to give me a lift down there, with his van. The shop's going to be shut tomorrow, cuz Mom and Dad are going to have a day off to enjoy the festival. Some customers complained about this, but stuff them."

@@Pripyat Pony

"Yeah you all have the right to enjoy the festival, wouldn't be fair if you all couldn't go." Malfoy said with a smile before he rubbed the outside of his thighs with his hands not sure what to do with them before raising them slightly from his thigh to point toward the front door. "I'll get going then, I can show myself out. Hope you have a good day at the shop."

Malfoy begun heading for the front door and opened it to let himself to head home.

RenMizu_zps4dy2jrbk.png

@@captainborgue

Rose said she was not expecting him to say yes, “Now, why would I decline on an invitation to the lake? This is pretty last minute, so I’d be surprised and taken back if you did have plans.” With her mentioning him being a secret murderer, Ren just smirked and remained silent as he stealthy inched his way closer to the pink Pegasus. Leaning forward, the mako whispered into her ears, “Shhh… I’m trying to stay low this town. Oh, and you forgot to add in another extra. Yeah, that’s how crazy I am. To think today was going to go so well… Now that you know, I’m afraid I can’t let you go. You will be going to the waters, all right.” Ren finished off with a gentle, but audible clack of his sharp teeth.

“Kidding, kidding. I’m totally kidding, just so you know. Give me a few moments to pick up what we need and we can be on our way.” Ren backed off and headed towards the counter to pick up some food and drinks. After successfully picking up an assortment of foods and beverages, in separate bags, and paying for them the shark made his way back to Rose. “Right so I practically got one, or two, of everything on the menu. We should be good on food and drinks.”

Holy mother of all sharks, this girl gets him flustered with little to no effort. “I... Um.. What I mean is- Uh, no, that was not my intention. I was just- Mmm. You can ask for anything. No, wait, I mean- Um, let us get going shall we?” Ren stood there trying to find the right words to say, but instead he looked bright as a tomato. Quickly changing the subject, the mako made his way towards the exit, “I am still new to this town, so I hope you don’t mind showing the way.” Ren replied with a nervous smile, his face still flushed as he held the door open for the Pegasus.

@Drago Ryder

Scarlet blushed slightly at what Apep asked her and didn't really know how to respond. Sure, Blitz had basically given her a job and room when she was without work, but the hawk figured that he was just a nice dragon helping someone in need. Even with that, she still had to many questions concerning the dragon to actually get a good idea on how to feel about him. "No. It's nothing like that. We just met in a café, he helped me when I was out of work, and I guess we're friends." The hawk then remembered that she had been the one to ask Blitz if she could accompany him to the festival tomorrow and that began to get her thinking. Maybe she did have some feelings for the dragon, after all.

(edited)

JR sighed as he took a bag of trash to the outside bin. It was smelly and by now he had broken a sweat with all the work he had done. He was getting tired, but had to muscle through his shift like he always did. From there, he took a bucket of soapy water to the outside of the coffee shop. This was terrible. At least he didn't have to worry about customers to wait on, but he had to wash the windows. The snow cat sucked up his complaints and started cleaning them off.

Edited by J.R.

@Acnologia

Apep smiled slightly and couldn't help but giggle. The snake then put a hand on Scarlet's shoulder. "Hey, it's ok. I was only joking. If you see him as a friend and take him to the festival, then there's nothing wrong with that." She said. "If anything, you're just spending time with each other."

@Drago Ryder

Scarlet sighed and gave a slight smile. "Yeah. Anyway, I should probably get going. I still have to take care of a few things and I don't want my boss to get mad at me." She said, before flying into the air. She eventually landed back in front of Blitz's house and headed inside, before falling asleep on the bed in her new room.

Apep watched as Scarlet left and was somewhat curious about who the hawk was working for. "I guess I can see who she's with tomorrow. That'll probably tell me a bit more about her." She thought to herself. With that, the snake headed home,thinking about tomorrow.

@@Drago Ryder

"There is a difference between exaggerating one's abilities and hiding them for fear of others' opinions. I do not believe in hiding who I am- pretenses are only ever a disservice. For example, an issue I ran into often in my practice, and even more now as principal, is when someone alters their behavior to try and 'fit in' with others, whether a peer group or a potential mate. This is a terrible course of action, as it is the facade that appears to fit in, not the genuine person- that forces them to keep up appearances at all times, and simultaneously denies the peer group or mate any opportunity to get to know the real person," Kerrigan said lazily, almost sleepily. It was very relaxing out here, she felt almost as though she were on the verge of a nap.

( ( ooc: Posting this after getting permission from Borgue. ))

______________________________________________________________________________________

@

Rose tried very, very hard not to burst out laughing as he held the door for her and she made her way outside, though once they had gone a block or two away she couldn't stifle it anymore, and the giggles rapidly turned into doubled-over-in-tears laughter. "Oh, man, that was great! You didn't even skip a beat in there with the murder thing. I mean, not usually a light hearted topic and all, but just... oh, that was awesome!" she said, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes. "Almost as funny as when Mr. Big Manly Shark Manly Man of the Male Gender got all flustered at me just mentioning being mostly naked. Oh, you're a riot, you know that?" Rose said, as she hovered along, touching tree limbs and street signs. She was very subtle about it, to an onlooker it seemed like an ordinary girl just running her hands along a lilac hedge or something, but for Rose it was how she mapped out the layout of the town. Her school had specialized in blind and deaf students, and the concept of Mental Mapping was drilled into her head from the very beginning.

Even still, the precision of a mental map depended on things being very static- a neighbor trimming a hedge could skew where she imagined herself to be, which then forced her to use things like sounds and smells and a couple times she had to land from hovering and feel the click, clink, and crunch of various surfaces with her hooves to know where she was. Though her method was not the fastest or most direct route, they ended up at the lake soon enough.

"Behold, the smell of water and feel of sand, so we must be there! I'm kind of impressed with myself, really, I only felt totally lost like twice!" Rose said, before peeling off her top and denim cargo shorts and unceremoniously dumping them in a pile. she wasn't wearing anything super fancy underneath, as Tiny had outright refused to go lingerie shopping with her, but it was comfortable and (although she didn't know it) clashed with her coat enough to make it obvious she wasn't nude. she carefully walked over to the shore and stuck a hoof in the water. "Okay, mister. I'm in the water, as promised," she teased.

The sound of voices carried on the breeze piqued Kerrigan's attention. She sat up slowly, brushing bits of sand off her arms, just in time to see what appeared to be that shark from earlier and a pegasus female arrive, at which point the female began disrobing, though she stopped before doing anything indecent. Kerrigan hesitated- she did not like the idea of unexpected company or possible indecency in public, but she also was not in the best position to get involved. Deciding that discretion was the better part of valor, she turned around and lay on her stomach, keeping her gaze at the young couple. If they tried anything unsavory, she would be all over them like insects on carrion- but for now, she would let things slide.

Edited by ENN

Crystal and the shop owner made their way through town until they got to their now small town a few tents (10) in three rows of three and one at the head the one tent was large enough to house a small mess and kitchen most of the supplies were taken to the kitchen and she waved off the owner.

Most of the rest of the day was spent playing cards without much things of note there was no booze so everyone was plain in their actions not that they all had fun but not booze fueled fun many hours passed and soon Crystal was in her fireteam's tent she was not really interested in the talk that her squadies were on about tonight she pulled the pillow over her head and closed her eyes and fell asleep...

Blitz nodded and looked into the sky. "I never really thought of it that way." It didn't take long for the dragon to notice that a shark and pegesus were also at the beach, and turned to glance at the dragoness beside him. "I'm sorry, but there are a few things I have to take care of. I hope to see you at the festival tomorrow." With that, the dragon stood and flew into the air. He was happy with how the last hour had gone, and certainly didn't expect to make a new friend. After making a few short stops, Blitz returned home and noticed that Scarlet was asleep. He then gave a gentle sigh before closing the hawk's bedroom door and collapsing into his own bed. "She certainly gave me a lot to think about." He muttered to himself.

@@Drago Ryder, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @, @@Acnologia, @@Chip Circuit, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Unicorncob
The sun was slowly setting on the small town of Amber Crust. And with it, came the sounds of many construction workers and tools making heavy amounts of noise setting up everything that was needed for the summer festival. Work spanned all through the night until early the next morning in which the sun began to slowly rise over the horizon. ​Many furs were already congregated in tents near the beach in order to get there early, and who could blame them? It was one of the biggest events of the town's history.

Soon, many furs were already down on the beach before the sun came up, and with that, the festival would start very soon. It would be best for anyone in town to get there early as well...​

​(@Borgue and ENN, this way, you can still do your interaction while everyone else can still head down to the beach. :))

Apep smiled as her body moved smoothly over the sand. She loved feeling the heat on her scales and it helped her relax whenever she was stressed. As for what she wore, it was a simple t-shirt that went below her waist. As for what was underneath, it was an orange one-piece swimsuit with a scale pattern on it that matched the pattern of her own scales. "I wonder when Malfoy will get here." She thought to herself. The snake had arrived early to sign up for the bikini contest, but now she had no one to talk to.

On the opposite end of the beach, Blitz simply stood on a rocky outcropping overlooking the ocean and starred out into the horizon. He only wore a pair of dark blue swim trunks, leaving his muscular upper body exposed. "Why did Scarlet have to ask me to do this? Why did I even say yes?" He thought.

Malfoy woke up a few hours before noon, he sat up in bed stretching out his arms as he released a long yawn. He brought his arms in front him again and pulled his blanket to the side. "Man... I got caught up in my animation and may of stayed up to late last night... let alone all that noise for the festival, I could practically hear every hammer impact." He mumbled to himself as he slid out of bed.

He strolled into his bathroom and begun getting ready for the festival making sure to take a thorough shower so he smelled good while he hung out with Apep and Gemma. 

Soon after his shower he had put on a pair of dark red swimming trunks while wearing a black tank top, his physique was somewhat muscular but only like that of a casual gym goer. Even with that he wasn't one for going around without a shirt on. 

Malfoy departed his home making his way to the festival.

@Drago Ryder

Eventually he reached the beach where the festival was being held, the warm sand felt fairly good on the pads of his paws. He looked around the beach wondering when Gemma and Apep would get here. As he walked into the festival grounds he noticed a large serpentine path pressed into the sand. "Ah so she is here." He said as he begun following the trail that he assumed was Apep.

Kronos woke up at a random spot outside the town, a good distance away from everyone and the cunstruction workers where he was able to practice his instrument without any interruptions. "Huh, what, who's there?" he snorted as he woke up to the sounds of construction equipment, "Blob? Where are ya, buddy?" As he looked for his pet and friend, he searched ariund the chaos that was the construction team, unaware of the heavy equipment at the premesis. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice talking.

"What are you guys doing?" It asked the construction crew despite them not responding, "Why are you doing that? What's going on? Where are we?"

"Blob!" Kronos cried out.

Blob turned around and blubbered as he scurried over to his owner.

"Dont ever do that again, okay Blob?"

Blob simply replied with his tongue sticking out of his face. Kronos decided to check out the commotion.

Edited by Kronos

"Brother? You're not going to sleep in are you? You made me a promise for today. Bad things will happen if you break it. Like this." Shizuko very aggressively kicked her still half asleep brother in the stomach, with enough force that the room seemed to shake a little. Fortunately Ryo was still lying down, otherwise he would have collapsed from the winding.

"Shizuko! You know that hurts. I wasn't going to sleep in, I set an alarm. What, do you want to get to it very early?"

"That was one point. The second point shouldn't come as much of a surprise to you. I'm very hungry. Remember how little we had to eat yesterday?"

"I'm more hungry than you are. At least you ate something.Fine, it's still early but go get dressed, we'll quickly go shopping, come home, eat and then go okay? Okay."

With a clear road map for that day sort of planned out in their heads, the duo quickly get dressed into regular clothing and left the house for the grocery store. Waking at a brisk pace. Being the indoor people they are, even the early morning sun was giving them a bit of a headache and with more sun to come later on, they'd just have to deal with it. Ryo was admittedly half hoping to bump into Bass sometime during the day, as she was the only person they actually knew in the town. Saving that concern for later. The two continued their little task.

@Chip Circuit

When Aoep turned to make sure her tail wasn't getting overheated, she noticed Malfoy and gave a light smile. "Hey. I was wondering where you were." She said. The snake then noticed a slight light feeling in her chest, but didn't really pay any attention to it. "So, um, how do I look?" Apep didn't usually care about her appearance, but she did make exceptions sometimes.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@@Drago Ryder

Malfoy smiled at Apep when she noticed he was near. "Hey I was wondering the same about you, but then I noticed the trail in the sand that could only belong to the only snake I know." He teased gesturing a hang back at the trail in the sand. 

She then asked him how she looked and he looked her up and down feeling slightly timid about checking her out. "You look good." He said his tail wagging slightly. "Are you going to participate in any of the events today?"

The sun was slowly setting on the small town of Amber Crust. And with it, came the sounds of many construction workers and tools making heavy amounts of noise setting up everything that was needed for the summer festival. Work spanned all through the night until early the next morning in which the sun began to slowly rise over the horizon. ​Many furs were already congregated in tents near the beach in order to get there early, and who could blame them? It was one of the biggest events of the town's history.

Soon, many furs were already down on the beach before the sun came up, and with that, the festival would start very soon. It would be best for anyone in town to get there early as well...​

Denise let out a loud yawn as she stood outside The Black Gate, which she had closed early for the festival. She wore a blue plaid shirt, unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled up, and a grey shirt with a Super Mario shine sprite on it underneath. She wore a pair of jean-shorts and sandals. Without socks, of course - she's got some dignity.

"Wonder where Mary's at..." she mumbled.