Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Neighbours (1x1) RP

The Pixelated Pony

OOC https://mlpforums.com/topic/150334-neighbours-1x1/#entry4464163

A small sedan followed closely by a moving van turned off the highway and into a small town. Sparkle had her head pressed against the window she had left behind all of her friends and moved to this town in the middle of absolutely nowhere. She was still thinking about her old home when a passing SUV brought her back to reality. They stopped infront of their new home and Sparkle groaned "mooooom? why are we here?" she got no reply and instead looked around the street at the new Neighbours. most looked back strangely shocked about somepony moving in.    

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sable had stepped outside for a tad of sunshine. Given his work, he didn't manage to make it outside a lot. About thirty minutes of his day was spent outdoors, the rest of the days were spent inside his home, either performing experiments for himself, or producing for others. At least he had his own private lab in there, in his basement. It was small, but functional. But now, during his day off, he spotted a few vehicles seeming to be moving into the neighborhood. How nice...

NEXT DOOR! Dear Celestia, he didn't need anymore distractions! He didn't even realize how much of aN idiot he appeared to be, standing there with wide eyes, unmoving.

Sable had stepped outside for a tad of sunshine. Given his work, he didn't manage to make it outside a lot. About thirty minutes of his day was spent outdoors, the rest of the days were spent inside his home, either performing experiments for himself, or producing for others. At least he had his own private lab in there, in his basement. It was small, but functional. But now, during his day off, he spotted a few vehicles seeming to be moving into the neighborhood. How nice...

NEXT DOOR! Dear Celestia, he didn't need anymore distractions! He didn't even realize how much of aN idiot he appeared to be, standing there with wide eyes, unmoving.

The moving ponies and Sparkle's parents began unloading the truck when Sparkle noticed Sable standing there with wide eyes. Sparkle walked up to him and waved one of her wings infront of him. "helllloooo? anybody home?" She said confused at why he was staring.  

The moving ponies and Sparkle's parents began unloading the truck when Sparkle noticed Sable standing there with wide eyes. Sparkle walked up to him and waved one of her wings infront of him. "helllloooo? anybody home?" She said confused at why he was staring.

Going through all the possibilities of both how they could hinder or contribute to his work, he didn't really lend any of his senses an ounce of attention, which led him to shout talking slurring, "Uuoooaah, huh, surry." And fell backwards in suprise. Jeeze, he just realized the mare in front of him and he just performed for her the most embarrassing act of dystopian verbal expressions he could. His face grew red hot as his eyes remained wide. You must recover. He cleared his throat after maintaining an uncomfortably intense session of eye contact, then got up and brushed himself off, refusing to look at her, saying, "Oh, yes, well. I apologize for my.. Absense. I just was a tad suprised to see neighbors moving in."

Going through all the possibilities of both how they could hinder or contribute to his work, he didn't really lend any of his senses an ounce of attention, which led him to shout talking slurring, "Uuoooaah, huh, surry." And fell backwards in suprise. Jeeze, he just realized the mare in front of him and he just performed for her the most embarrassing act of dystopian verbal expressions he could. His face grew red hot as his eyes remained wide. You must recover. He cleared his throat after maintaining an uncomfortably intense session of eye contact, then got up and brushed himself off, refusing to look at her, saying, "Oh, yes, well. I apologize for my.. Absense. I just was a tad suprised to see neighbors moving in."

"Yeah... you can blame my parents for that... they're the geniuses who decided to move here." Sparkle said also looking away after the awkwardness of him looking directly into at her eyes. "sooo... anyway... I'm Sparkle the daughter of well my parents " She turned  around just in time to see the movers taking the final box (Sparkle's science equipment) from the truck

"Yeah... you can blame my parents for that... they're the geniuses who decided to move here." Sparkle said also looking away after the awkwardness of him looking directly into at her eyes. "sooo... anyway... I'm Sparkle the daughter of well my parents " She turned around just in time to see the movers taking the final box (Sparkle's science equipment) from the truck

Lookin to his hooves, he slowly backed away, "Yeah, oh..." Don't make eye contact, just leave and this can all be over, but his hoof starting heading up for a hoof shake, due to his uncontrollably polite nature. He looked at it with dread, trying to force it back down with all his might, but eventually realized what a maniac he might've looked like at the moment. He pleaded to it silently, but it mercilessly moved up until there was no hope. He made eye contact out of necessity, held out his hoof and said in his most pleasent tone, "Hello there, I'm Sable. It's a pleasure." Capped with a smile.... no... what had he done? Edited by Colenso Rivers

Lookin to his hooves, he slowly backed away, "Yeah, oh..." Don't make eye contact, just leave and this can all be over, but his hoof starting heading up for a hoof shake, due to his uncontrollably polite nature. He looked at it with dread, trying to force it back down with all his might, but eventually realized what a maniac he might've looked like at the moment. He pleaded to it silently, but it mercilessly moved up until there was no hope. He made eye contact out of necessity, held out his hoof and said in his most pleasent tone, "Hello there, I'm Sable. It's a pleasure." Capped with a smile.... no... what had he done?

Sparkle looked at him strangely "yeah okay..."she shook his hoof before backing away slowly. Sparkle's parent's called out to her and she ran back to them. she had been told that her room was the one at the front of the house above the garage and it directly faced Sable's house. Sparkle groaned internally but accepted the room anyway. 

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He shook her hoof but could clearly read the tension and apprehension in the air. It was very uncomfortable, for the both of them. Until a saving grace came down from the heavens like a glorious blaring crescendo. Her parents called her, and she galloped off, which gave him enough time to head into his home and head immediately to his coffee maker.

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He shook her hoof but could clearly read the tension and apprehension in the air. It was very uncomfortable, for the both of them. Until a saving grace came down from the heavens like a glorious blaring crescendo. Her parents called her, and she galloped off, which gave him enough time to head into his home and head immediately to his coffee maker.

Sparkle span around in her room before beginning to organize everything she could. Posters, Books, assorted stuffed animals anything she could find. The view from her room was spectacular you could see all the way back to the highway provided the hills were low enough. her mom levitated in her beanbag and set it next to the window where Sparkle curled up and went to sleep after driving all night 

@@The Pixelated Pony

After pouring the coffee into a large pitcher and placing it in the fridge, he removed another, almost empty, and made himself a nice cup of chilled coffee and took a couple of minutes to drink and let his shaking stop. That was much more intense than usual. Hindsight asked him why in that particular moment he freaked out, when he was usually so good at socializing. It must've been these were his first neighbors since he had moved out from his parents. Maybe, he was just afraid...

His breathing was regular no, and his body steady.  He cleaned out the glass, dried his hands, turned on his music player, something calm, and headed down to his lab to continue his work.

@@The Pixelated Pony

After pouring the coffee into a large pitcher and placing it in the fridge, he removed another, almost empty, and made himself a nice cup of chilled coffee and took a couple of minutes to drink and let his shaking stop. That was much more intense than usual. Hindsight asked him why in that particular moment he freaked out, when he was usually so good at socializing. It must've been these were his first neighbors since he had moved out from his parents. Maybe, he was just afraid...

His breathing was regular no, and his body steady.  He cleaned out the glass, dried his hands, turned on his music player, something calm, and headed down to his lab to continue his work.

Sparkle awoke to the sound's of music and partying even out here she couldn't escape a house warming party. she opened the window and decided to give Sable a quick visit. she landed on his roof and jumped down into the back garden. she went in through the open back door just in time to witness Sable heading down some stairs. she decided to follow him...

@@The Pixelated Pony,

At the bottom of the stairs was a labcoat and a gas mask hanging on a couple of hooks in the wall. He put on the coat. and stepped through clear, plastic flaps that acted as drapes, on the other side whish held a small area with a sink, an eyewash station and decontamination materials, like sterilizers, sanitizers, all under a harsh blue glow. He washed his hooves, sterilized them, put on gloves, opened up a drawer under the sink and grabbed and put on a pair of goggles and a face-mask. On the other side of the small area was another set of flaps which he passed through to a dimly lit lab, while small, was fully equipped with all that he needed. All of this was precautionary measures and habits, be had no need for all this safety gear, seeing as he was only making slight changes to the molecular structures of gemstones so they gain magical properties. A process he called "Triggering." He approached a table with an open empty padded case and an assortment of cut gemstones next to it and began.

@@The Pixelated Pony,

At the bottom of the stairs was a labcoat and a gas mask hanging on a couple of hooks in the wall. He put on the coat. and stepped through clear, plastic flaps that acted as drapes, on the other side whish held a small area with a sink, an eyewash station and decontamination materials, like sterilizers, sanitizers, all under a harsh blue glow. He washed his hooves, sterilized them, put on gloves, opened up a drawer under the sink and grabbed and put on a pair of goggles and a face-mask. On the other side of the small area was another set of flaps which he passed through to a dimly lit lab, while small, was fully equipped with all that he needed. All of this was precautionary measures and habits, be had no need for all this safety gear, seeing as he was only making slight changes to the molecular structures of gemstones so they gain magical properties. A process he called "Triggering." He approached a table with an open empty padded case and an assortment of cut gemstones next to it and began.

Sparkle poked her head through the second set of flaps and managed a quiet but still audible "wow..." she quickly covered her mouth and ducked back behind the flaps attempting to not get caught trespassing. she backed into the sink causing some of the bottles to fall in and drain their contents into the sink. 

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He had a saphire floating in an indigo glow in front of him, peering at it intensely before he heard a voice, but was so focused on his work that he had no idea if it was actually a sound from the environment around him, or his tinnitus. He looked over for a second to see if anything was there, and seen nothing, so went back to his work until crashing sounds occurred, coming from his prep room. He set down the gem gently and cast a spell, a pulse, over his home, which closed and locked every door. He would not be stolen from. He couldn't allow it, he had so little in the scientific and magical community, he wouldn't lose anything. He stepped towards the prep room and yelled out, while prepping a paralysis spell in his horn, "Reveal yourself!"

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He had a saphire floating in an indigo glow in front of him, peering at it intensely before he heard a voice, but was so focused on his work that he had no idea if it was actually a sound from the environment around him, or his tinnitus. He looked over for a second to see if anything was there, and seen nothing, so went back to his work until crashing sounds occurred, coming from his prep room. He set down the gem gently and cast a spell, a pulse, over his home, which closed and locked every door. He would not be stolen from. He couldn't allow it, he had so little in the scientific and magical community, he wouldn't lose anything. He stepped towards the prep room and yelled out, while prepping a paralysis spell in his horn, "Reveal yourself!"

With her head low and wings down Sparkle walked forwards. her head was the first thing to breach the flap barrier then her neck. "sorry... I got bored..." she said nervously hoping that Sable could find it in his heart to forgive Sparkle for trespassing onto his property.

With her head low and wings down Sparkle walked forwards. her head was the first thing to breach the flap barrier then her neck. "sorry... I got bored..." she said nervously hoping that Sable could find it in his heart to forgive Sparkle for trespassing onto his property.

His eyes grew wide, he was really surprised, but he knew that he really shouldn't have been. The glow from his horn faded as he trotted over to and past her, looking at the mess and sighing before getting to work cleaning it up. Once he responded, afree his frayed nerves collected, in the middle of cleaning, he actually spoke quite nicely, "Noooo problems. So you were a little bit bored, a little bit curious, that's fine." Then stopped as water washed the fluids down the drain of the sink, "Heck, it's probably just as much my fault as yours. I'm such a scatterbrain that I propably left a door open, and well.... you are a teenager." He didn't mean to sound condescending, and immediately regretted the words that left his mouth.

His eyes grew wide, he was really surprised, but he knew that he really shouldn't have been. The glow from his horn faded as he trotted over to and past her, looking at the mess and sighing before getting to work cleaning it up. Once he responded, afree his frayed nerves collected, in the middle of cleaning, he actually spoke quite nicely, "Noooo problems. So you were a little bit bored, a little bit curious, that's fine." Then stopped as water washed the fluids down the drain of the sink, "Heck, it's probably just as much my fault as yours. I'm such a scatterbrain that I propably left a door open, and well.... you are a teenager." He didn't mean to sound condescending, and immediately regretted the words that left his mouth.

Sparkle looked at him through the corner of her eye. "and what If you'd be so kind as to tell me does that mean?" she said raising one of her eyebrows "or am I not old enough to understand? " Sparkle turned around to face him "Because If I'm not then don't even bother."

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He made a terrible mistake. He lowered his head into the sink and under the flow of water and said mumbling not any actual words in particular, "Mmmph cshulxitre..." Then began to to recover, lifting his head out of the water and turning, "I'm sorry. I was being thoughtless with my words." Looking back down, "Truth be told, I don't talk to ponies my age too often."

@@The Pixelated Pony,

He made a terrible mistake. He lowered his head into the sink and under the flow of water and said mumbling not any actual words in particular, "Mmmph cshulxitre..." Then began to to recover, lifting his head out of the water and turning, "I'm sorry. I was being thoughtless with my words." Looking back down, "Truth be told, I don't talk to ponies my age too often."

"yeah yeah it's okay I understand" Sparkle said gritting her teeth attempting to not completely bite off his head with in the first few minuets of conversation that's literally and figuratively. In all truth she felt like hitting Sable's head off the wall for what he had said 

@@The Pixelated Pony,

Looking to the ground and swinging his leg in front of him, there was an awful silence. He had to break it. "Well, while your here, would you like to... Hang out, you want some coffee." His eyes really said dear celestia, just accept my offer. He didn't know why he was being so awkward. He thought about it for a moment... Was it because she was pretty, or because she was a mare... No, he had spoken to plenty of pretty mares before. He couldn't figure it out.

@@The Pixelated Pony,

Looking to the ground and swinging his leg in front of him, there was an awful silence. He had to break it. "Well, while your here, would you like to... Hang out, you want some coffee." His eyes really said dear celestia, just accept my offer. He didn't know why he was being so awkward. He thought about it for a moment... Was it because she was pretty, or because she was a mare... No, he had spoken to plenty of pretty mares before. He couldn't figure it out.

Sparkle thought for a moment " alright then I suppose I owe it to you for sneaking in and pouring those bottles down the sink" she said looking in the direction of the sink and the now empty bottles of stuff. she thought it was strange how awkward Sable was being but it was probably an effect of her 'breaking' in

@@The Pixelated Pony,

Well that sure did relieve him. He didn't even want to do it, but it was better than the other two options. He set the bottles in the re-fill bin he had beside his sink, pulled out replacements underneath the sink and placed them where they belonged. He turned to her, took off his goggles and mask and then asked, "Soooo, do you like chilled coffee?"

@@The Pixelated Pony,

Well that sure did relieve him. He didn't even want to do it, but it was better than the other two options. He set the bottles in the re-fill bin he had beside his sink, pulled out replacements underneath the sink and placed them where they belonged. He turned to her, took off his goggles and mask and then asked, "Soooo, do you like chilled coffee?"

"umm... wha-" Sparkle began before she was interrupted by thunder followed by sirens "what the hell was that!?" she ran to the window to see emergency vehicles passing by "where the hell. Hey Sable where are they going." Sparkle looked down the street to see a massive dam. "nevermind... I've figured it out."   

@@The Pixelated Pony,

His eyes flicked to the stairway and then galloped up, saying, "I don't know." When he made it to his window, he looked through the screen, adding, "Nothing of any consequence ever happens here." Then he looked over to the dam, saying, "Oh dearest Celestia..." He seemed shocked, and more so worried.

@@The Pixelated Pony,

His eyes flicked to the stairway and then galloped up, saying, "I don't know." When he made it to his window, he looked through the screen, adding, "Nothing of any consequence ever happens here." Then he looked over to the dam, saying, "Oh dearest Celestia..." He seemed shocked, and more so worried.

A crack just big enough for the river to flood had opened up in the dam and the storm only made it worse. The dam was in no danger of bursting... for now but it was enough to cause the emergency services to at least survey the area and possibly reinforce the crack.