Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Weather Thread

Sunlight

7 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

usually baking hot when you want to do any gardening chores

That's why I was super lucky to do 2 hours of lawn mowing Friday afternoon when it was chilly and still warm (all done and complete, give it 2 weeks and it will be grown again though), compared to today with rain all day. And of course, as soon as it turns into summer here, heat is only one problem, as mosquitoes and flies are the worst!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised I have yet to post in this thread after all this time. The weather lately has been a talking point for sure, I.E. absolute HELL. Some of the hottest temperatures we've seen in many years, with some of the worst heat index temps we've ever had. One day this past week, we had a low temperature of 83f. That is the hottest ""low"" temp I've ever experienced here. Had a gnarly storm hit us from the weakish cold front and overall today was alright, but Hell hath no fury and is coming back next week. I want a big cold front to come along and kick this heat in the face, though the severe weather potential from that would be immense. Just can't win.

Well, to begin with, we had a 3 day heat wave where we saw the hottest temps since last September. Then, early yesterday morning, we had a big windbag (squall line) come through, with lots of wind damage (just to my south) along with a lot of flash flooding. Looking like this weekend will finally be a much needed short break from the heat before it floods back in on Monday.

• Brohoof 1

We have a nice breeze here, sunny, blue sky, and not too hot (71.6 F). Basically paradise!

Spoiler

We also have killer mosquitoes that attack you immediately if you go out there, so, not worth it!