Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to straighten or unfrizz pony mane and tail?

Luminance

Hi. I acquired a used (well, not so stellar) condition Rarity plush and her mane is the splitting reminiscence of on 80's rock band (no offense, btw) I feel like Rarity deserves better a life and mane so any great pointers to restore her mane back to fashionista status is greatly welcomed and may Rarity give you all of her generosity.

(edited)

Hmm. A plush toy. You can try an over night conditioning. I know some people use low heat settings on a curling iron/straighter on wet hair.

However, I'm not sure if G4 or G4 plush hair would burn since I've heard Cheapbro has switched the type of hair.

You may want to try asking a doll community, specifically cabbage patch collecters if they have any tips for brushable plushies.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

On my Build-a-Bear ponies, I wet their hair and flat iron on the lowest setting possible. If you do this, make sure you use a metal plated iron, not ceramic. Ceramic plates get too hot and melt the hair almost instantly even on the lowest setting. And work fast, because even with a metal plated iron on the lowest setting, going too slow can melt the hair.

You might need to do this multiple times over several days to let the hair cool after each attempt. I'm still in the process if fixing Twilight's bangs.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a small stuffed Fluttershy at Walgreens, and her hair was pretty crazy, too. I used a small, toy Barbie brush, water, and a lot of patience to detangle and straighten her hair out. Gently use the wet brush to brush out the tangles. As for re-styling Rarity's hair, use the rag-curls routine! You'll find plenty of how-to's on WikiHow and YouTube.

• Brohoof 1