Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on a MLP/Care Bears crossover?

strongwilled_pegasus

I was reading a thread  some pages back and a "cross over" post caught my eye. I would like to add my thoughts but that post is from 2K13 so rather than dig up an old thread I'd thought I'd re post here and see if we can come to an understanding. hopefully this post won't get locked..(or deleted)

When I think of cross over I think of two or more groups of character coming together, the copyright  negotiations just to begin a project like this would be a nightmare. a cross over has been done (if you could even call it that)

was done in a 1993(?) called who Framed Roger Rabbit. it featured characters from both Disney and Looney Toons. and was the only cross over that "worked" for me.

MLP is first and for most a children's show keep this in mind when pairing them up with characters from a different universe.... This the reason why Mortal Kombat, WOW, everquest, Chase, Final Fantasy or simpsons won't work---your pairing them with the wrong suitors.

For me the only other cartoon you could possibly pair them with would be Carebears, but I don't like the direction that show is going in(CGI)......

But lets think about this critically, care bears is the only other show that deals with friendship, it also deals with the emotions and empathy.

what kind of crisis could  cause the bears and ponies to join rank with each other? and how would they meet?

there is also a lot of moving parts to a cross over---- it's easy to "break" something

sorry about this post being dis organised, I'd love to hear your thoughts

In a 1993 film---the question mark means I don't remember the exact year

sorry about the tone of this post, when I''m half a sleep i usually do very little editing- so it may not sound as refined.

• Brohoof 1

Is there even any demand for a cross with Carebears? And even then, I'm pretty sure Hasbro would rather have a crossover with one of their own franchises instead(Littlest Pet Shop tends to be a strong contender, especially since they have a lot of the same people working on it)

(edited)

the demand for a cross over( not just carebears/mlp)  in general is low. A cross over  exists solely as a fan service----and not a very good one, There are exceptions(like who framed Roger Rabbit) but those tend to be far between and few indeed

PS: there might be bit more than the big screen movie I just mention, but off hand I don't remember. 

you will need to me if there are any other real world cross overs besides Who Framed Roger Rabbit, that you thought were at least half way decent

Edited by strongwilled_pegasus
  • Brohoof 1