Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Root Beer Brands - What's Your Fav?

Miles

(edited)

I have tried MANY root beer/cream soda flavors in my life, and it is my goal to try as many as possible. The most unique and well-tasting brand of root beer I have found exists in Minnesota, called North Star Craft Soda.

I do not take my opinions regarding this lightly, as from memory I have tried these brands:

A&W, IBC, Sprechers, Sioux City, Barq's, Dad's Old Fashioned, Stewarts, Virgils, Barqs, Killebrew, Faygo, and of course the aforementioned NSCS, and ones from random restaurants, etc. The only one I have locally that I have yet to try is Frostop. There are others I have tasted as well, I just cannot recall them as of right now. I am a sucker for vanilla flavoring, so I am a bit biased in what I consider the best. However, I can say that staple names such as A&W or IBC lack something 'special' that makes them worth picking when other brands are available. If you ever see NSCS near you, I'd give it a try, I really think it is one of the better root beers available!

EDIT: If you ever stay in a Radisson hotel that offers honey root beer.. don't try it. it's nasty.

Edited by DuskSong